This que is horrible

Babyduck

This is my third launch of a MMO and I must say it is by far the worst that I have experienced. I do not like the mushroom treatment I feel we are being given. They should have given us some clue of when to expect to get invited rather then have us sit in limbo for seven days possibly. This is a terrible way to treat customers.

Thank you for the bump but unless you have some thing relevant to add to this discussion please refrain from posting in this thread.

You WERE given a clue on when you would get into Early Access....UP TO 7 days early.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in game right now, servers are basically lag free.

They explained early access information pretty clearly, if your not in yet that's your own fault.

There has been NOTHING clear about EGA dude. The only clarity we were given was this statement and this statement only "Pre-order now! and get UP TO 5 days early access" that statement of clarity fails to recognize that its 4-5 waves a day within 4 hours with 20 hour down time between waves. It fails to point out that you will have NO clue when time comes up unless you get an email, the proverbial "Don't call me, I'll call you" that we all hear when they have no intention of putting us in the forefronts of their mind.

I have pointed out before that this staggering is absolutely moot when it comes to the 20th. Why even bother staggering, on the 20th, everyone logs in at once. The servers face their stability issue and it wasn't even tested before launch except over a small weekend stress test, when they had early access to really see what the results would be.

The only + side the staggering is us not having over-populated starting zones. Thats it. Ya'll really wanna wait 72 hours so you don't have to wait 20min at a spawn waiting for your turn to kill it? I would rather be waiting IN the game, then waiting OUTSIDE it at this point. lol

I was thinking while playing the the game on day one of EGA (because I read the simple instructions sent to my email), "man, in all my years of playing MMOs I have never experienced such an uninterrupted flawless first 24 hours of any patch, much less a game launch!" then I woke up today, played a little more and headed to work.

So at work I log onto the forums since I can't play, and I realize..."oh, it turns out the only problem with the launch is that they made all the lazy and illiterate people cry".

I love you BW, you have not only given me several amazing games to play over the last several years, but you have also made it very easy for me to see who NOT to associate with in your amazing new MMORPG. Thank you.

(to those worried that the community is full of whiners, fear not, there's plenty of awesome players on the servers too busy enjoying this amazing game to even notice this silliness. I just wish I was one of them instead of being stuck at work)

I had a productive and stimulating post going on and they closed it and forced me to a thread full of complaining and insults.

Sweet move.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=202204

Yes, bioware will not hold customers unless their customer support improves.

The forums were over policed as it was.

I got a reply from customer support 10 days after I contacted them.

By far the smoothest.

After 8 hours of solid play yesterday, no problems whatsoever. Surprising, refreshing (my first look at the game), oh and did I mention thoroughly enjoyable?

Zerlana - Level 12 Sith Inquisitor Assassin ~ coming to your place soon!

I hope you drop your laptop in the sink while trying to take a dump and play

How so? You're not sitting in a queue, you're waiting to be invited. Even if you're invited tomorrow or the next day you still get 4 or 5 days early access.

Waiting is a queue....waiting implies a line, a queue is a line. We are all in line to be invited. Its not random, its first come, first served. We are all in queue. They just hid the actual line from your vision, so you think your standing there alone waiting to be given access. Your in line, your in a queue, and that queue is now running on 72 hours until the next invites come out.

I was thinking while playing the the game on day one of EGA (because I read the simple instructions sent to my email), "man, in all my years of playing MMOs I have never experienced such an uninterrupted flawless first 24 hours of any patch, much less a game launch!" then I woke up today, played a little more and headed to work.

So at work I log onto the forums since I can't play, and I realize..."oh, it turns out the only problem with the launch is that they made all the lazy and illiterate people cry".

I love you BW, you have not only given me several amazing games to play over the last several years, but you have also made it very easy for me to see who NOT to associate with in your amazing new MMORPG. Thank you.

(to those worried that the community is full of whiners, fear not, there's plenty of awesome players on the servers too busy enjoying this amazing game to even notice this silliness. I just wish I was one of them instead of being stuck at work)

I have some turkey grease if your neck gets stuck on the way out

Merry Xmas

Hey guys, you can repeat the "Prerder eraly - blabla fact" as long as you like. Even the "blabla everything is fair".

Problem is : Many arent thinking this way, and they are the ones that bw lost their faces to. They will lower population, subs etc. in the long run.

This means : Everyone has lost. At least a bit and not just yet. Thats what people seem to not get. Every player lost due to the thing bw does currently is one missing on your "top new mmog" experience.

Its not about lovers or haters. Its just that they are pissing potential players you would love to join ingame off.

Wait... are people seriously trying to get the servers reset before the official launch? Really? What does that accomplish?

I'm not in, but I would never be so selfish as to insist that no one else should be able to enjoy the game just because I can't. Man, talk about self-entitlement. Just chill. Play another game. Read a book. Go for a walk. Even a full 7 days really won't make that big of a difference.

Deep breaths people. It's just a game.

I hope you drop your laptop in the sink while trying to take a dump and play

LMAO.... you'll get in. It wont happen straight away.... but it will happen!!

Zerlana Level 12 Sith Inquisitor Assassin - coming to your place soon!

Edited by Zerl

The "only" one making you sit in limbo is yourself to be honest... go out, get some fresh air... heck even watch TV for all I can... noone is "forcing" you to Sith behind your PC untill you get your mail....

Unless ofcourse... wait... you want to play the very very very nano second your mail arrives...

Step away from the computer, there's a whole other world out there... and guess what, they don't even charge a fee to play it....

That's BS. Real life fees are way more expensive than MMO fees. Especially if you want a girlfriend.

Think about it, one trip to taco bell is 1/3 of your monthly subscription. That's 2 minutes of eating, where a subscription lasts hours and hours per month!

:p

Lol at all the self entitlement, qq and ignorance going on in these forums over early access.

Nobody should be blaming Bioware for not playing yet. The game has not even launched yet. If you wanted to take time off to play you should have made the plans for the 20th and nothing else since you could not have known when you would play. Maybe these people should not have even bothered pre-ordering since they did not seem to understand what a pre-order gets them.

If these people had read the FAQs and understood them then they would have known that they are not going to be getting in right away unless the pre-ordered early on.

All these people complaining and saying its a failed launch should look in the mirror, the fault lies in what you see there.

This is my third launch of a MMO and I must say it is by far the worst that I have experienced. I do not like the mushroom treatment I feel we are being given. They should have given us some clue of when to expect to get invited rather then have us sit in limbo for seven days possibly. This is a terrible way to treat customers.

Thank you for the bump but unless you have some thing relevant to add to this discussion please refrain from posting in this thread.

I think it is relevant to say that you are a child that views life through a prism of entitlement. Put down your OWS signs and get in line with everyone else.

Best launch in MMO history, most if not all will be in by the 15th, by the 16th every single person will be in. What exactly are you so upset about?

Lol at all the self entitlement, qq and ignorance going on in these forums over early access.

We are blaming ... thats what bw should listen too.

If your customers are not happy and rage, you have done something wrong.

Lol. if even only 5% in real life customers would blame us, we would have serious problems.

its only early access ..the game launch in 12-20 ... when there **** load of player and the que is 3 hr then talk ...all mmorpg go through this lol