Pacific Late nighters...getting the shaft

Arcalinte

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No matter what time they choose to do downtime, it's always going to be during certain peoples time that they "play the most". I'm currently West Coast, and I get off work near 11 PM PST. Days that I'm not working all day, I'm usually with my girlfriend and/or friends. 11-12PM and onwards is the only time I can play, and it seems that's when the servers are always down. Am I complaining? No. Cause if they change it, it will just be someone elses "play time". It's just unlucky that they chose this time, and you have to live with it, because if it's not you, it's someone else, and what makes us better than anyone else? Someone HAS to get shafted. :D

I lost 3 days of gaming last week ebcause of these patches happening so dam early it's ridiculous. I am a family man and can only play late nights but you guys feel the need to make it perfect only for CST...There is no way there are more gamers on early morning then nights, COME ON.

/flame away white knights

Perfect for CST? Hahaha, I work 2nd shift, 4pm - midnight CST, sucks that they patch at 2 am CST, since I don't get home till 1 am. After eating, etc., I have 30 minutes at the most. So, /raspberry to your 2 hours behind normal schedules!:D

While I can understand that there is frustration around the frequency of patches, as many have already mentioned in this thread, patches are both normal and extremely important to ensure the stability of the game. Some of the issues fixed yesterday and today were absolutely crucial.

Given the complexity of software like Star Wars:The Old Republic, what may appear as a simple fix can take hundreds, if not thousands of man hours to resolve. We have teams working around the clock to make sure that issues are fixed in a timely manner, while maintaining the quality that you've come to expect (read: doesn't break anything else ).

The timing of these patches are not designed in ANY way to single any one out; they are, as I've mentioned before, done at the point in time where we have one of the lowest number of users connected globally.

No matter when we choose to bring the service down, we will impact someone's play time - this is simply unavoidable. However, again, it's important that these issues are fixed as soon as we can, to help ensure the long term stability of Star Wars:The Old Republic.

Dev notes.../thread.