First impressions, you only get one Bioware.

shottgun

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

In a week you will read about how they had a terrible launch for an MMORPG.

I think most of this community would agree to having server ques and lag as opposed to an unknown wait time.

The least bioware could have done was to tell us when we were going to get in. I know a lot of people who got up early and took off of work to play... and well, they dont even know when they will be able to start playing lol.

This launch is fail.

You're incorrect.. This is not the launch, and just because people were sure they'd be in the very first wave and aren't, doesn't mean bioware ****ed up. It means ... Its a game and if you throw a fit about playing now or not, you are basically a three year old.

I think BW has done a fantastic job up until now.

Im not in yet and probably wont get in untill weekend.

Dont mind. That was what I was told on the "old" preorder FAQ's. So I cant be upset at BW for opening up the gates 2 days prior to first planned EGA date.

GJ BW

All of you people defending BIOWARE and EA....

NO ONE WILL PRAISE IT, NO ONE WILL SAY GOOD JOB.

NO ONE WILL CARE.

Seriously, most game reviewers, the good ones anyway, are capable of reading information on a website and emails they have received off a games company. As a result they will know that this is an early access bonus and is not the game launch nor indicative of the quality of that upcoming game launch.

How is your first impression of the game and launch? There seems to be alot of disgruntled players on the boards today because of speculation.

It seems to be going well im not in the early launch yet (and I dont know if I will be) but ive not heard or read anything about servers crashing or what not so on the whole it sounds like its going well.

On the other hand I think Bioware have not only got there work cut out making sure these servers work well but also in having to baby sit all these whinning little nobs who are crying over not getting in the EA yet.

Actually making me think twice about playing (although I will be lol) and if I can be botherd with the way it seems a good amount of the "player base" seem to be acting.

They remind me of this kid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5xbv4a37Vg cant get his own way and jumps about like a 3 year old crying over no sweeties

I think most of this community would agree to having server ques and lag as opposed to an unknown wait time.

The least bioware could have done was to tell us when we were going to get in. I know a lot of people who got up early and took off of work to play... and well, they dont even know when they will be able to start playing lol.

This launch is fail.

Tbh never take days off from work for an game which had 7 days till launch thats just silly

and nothing wrong with the early rise and shine .. make something of that day

stop whining or go back to ur former game plz

I was in invite 1, wave 1 and I can easily say that I have been impressed. No noticeable lag, no queues, no lag, just smooth, fun gameplay. The only minor disappointment I have is that Anti-Aliasing is still not in the game. Luckily that can be fixed with a settings file modification.

How is your first impression of the game and launch? There seems to be alot of disgruntled players on the boards today because of speculation.

Do you really think the forums for ANY game are indicative of the overall customer base? Think again....it's widely known that only 3-5% of the active players in any game frequent the main site forum systems, much less post something......

So your OP is based on a miniscule amount of the player base, and from what I see, take away EGA QQ Failure to Read posts and there's not much negativity left.....

Technically this isn't "launch". It's early access. Launch isn't until the 20th.

This is a big day for us; we are launching Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, BioWare’s largest and most ambitious project to date, and we’re very proud that you’ve been able to join us. It’s an honor to be able to share this game with you.

A huge team of talented, passionate people at BioWare, Electronic Arts, Lucas Arts as well as many other partners all over the world poured their hearts and souls into this game. We want to thank every single one of them for being part of the team that developed this game; it’s a monumental accomplishment.

Another group of people that we depended upon was you, the players. We had hundreds of thousands of players spend millions upon millions of hours beta testing this game. Without you we never would have been able to build it; thank you for your contribution. This game is yours just as much as it is ours.

And finally we want to emphasize that this is just the beginning of a very long journey together. The game is launched, but it’s not done; it will probably never be done as we’re committed to working on Star Wars: The Old Republic in order to keep improving it and delivering exemplary service to you, the customer. It’s going to be a great ride.

Finally, we can only think of one appropriate way to sign off on this auspicious occasion:

May the Force be With You!

Ray Muzyka & Greg Zeschuk

Co-Founders, BioWare

It says LAUNCHING! It is launch

All of you people defending BIOWARE and EA....

Take a step back.

Look at the situation.

Think how news reporters (well game reporters) will talk about this...

NO ONE WILL PRAISE IT, NO ONE WILL SAY GOOD JOB. While this idea may 'work' or not work, it looks really, really, really bad for EA and BIOWARE from anyone but the crazy fanboi who might defend it. If you don't believe me, look at ANY review of the prelaunch in a week from now. ANY SINGLE *********** REVIEW, THEY WILL ALL BE 1/10 GUARANTEED.

Thanks. :)

Servers that don't crash and leave no one playing.

Reduced lag.

Reduced camping of low-level spawns.

A server by server allocation to conserve resources and improve availability as needed.

A few children who didn't get their way and screamed bloody hell about it.

All in a day's work, I say... Good show, BW.

This is a big day for us; we are launching Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, BioWare’s largest and most ambitious project to date, and we’re very proud that you’ve been able to join us. It’s an honor to be able to share this game with you.

A huge team of talented, passionate people at BioWare, Electronic Arts, Lucas Arts as well as many other partners all over the world poured their hearts and souls into this game. We want to thank every single one of them for being part of the team that developed this game; it’s a monumental accomplishment.

Another group of people that we depended upon was you, the players. We had hundreds of thousands of players spend millions upon millions of hours beta testing this game. Without you we never would have been able to build it; thank you for your contribution. This game is yours just as much as it is ours.

And finally we want to emphasize that this is just the beginning of a very long journey together. The game is launched, but it’s not done; it will probably never be done as we’re committed to working on Star Wars: The Old Republic in order to keep improving it and delivering exemplary service to you, the customer. It’s going to be a great ride.

Finally, we can only think of one appropriate way to sign off on this auspicious occasion:

May the Force be With You!

Ray Muzyka & Greg Zeschuk

Co-Founders, BioWare

It says LAUNCHING! It is launch

Which is why they rarely post without being sure, because Semantics Lawyers like your good self jump all over everything, succeeding in doing nothing but muddying the waters for everybody.

As with any first impression, there are pluses and there are minuses.

PLUS:

-When the final details of how the EA was going to be conducted was solidified, they did everything according to that plan. They stuck to their guns, the forums are back up, people are being emailed when they could log in and it's taking place on the 13th.

MINUS:

-Staggering EA is not a bad idea, however, the email system is remarkably clumsy. It would make little difference as to server stability if people were informed before hand when they would be able to log in, and make all possible complaints of scheduling a non-issue. A simple fix to a customer satisfaction problem and they didn't take it. Curious.

-Despite staggering being the "ideal" solution to healthy servers, they still lost a couple which does not give me much hope for when my play time overlaps with when people get home from work.

Staggering does not solve server issues, it only delays EA/BW from finding the problems. It only creates issues with people wanting to retain names that they are attached to, and it only creates problems with guilds or groups that want to play on the same server because servers fill up with a much broader base of players, which means more friends and family will want to join that server, not less as time goes on.

People seem to be under the impression that staged entry is is going to solve server que's, server population issues or imbalances, as well as allowing people to play where they wish, which is just not going to be true.

The only real thing that staggering does in terms of gradual increase, is make it easier for people who do get in to level, as well as prolonging the time frame until que's & server issues do appear.

This launch is fail.

Your post is a fail

So far today, we have sent out two 'waves' of invites; we will be sending more later on, but I cannot be specific on timing. (Why? Because as we invite each wave, we monitor to see how servers are performing and so on. If everything is good, we'll send a 'wave' earlier; we in fact sent 'wave 2' ahead of schedule. So cross your fingers.)

Now, to the question you all have: when will you be invited? Well, I cannot be specific to individuals or even to dates, because again, we have to remain flexible. That said, I can talk a little about the pattern of pre-orders.

At the very beginning of pre-orders, which started on July 21st, we had a massive influx of pre-orders. A huge spike. After that, things settled down. As a result, today especially, you're going to see a fairly narrow band of dates from those admitted to Early Game Access. From tomorrow, it'll spread out to a wider date range.

Staggering does not solve server issues, it only delays EA/BW from finding the problems. It only creates issues with people wanting to retain names that they are attached to, and it only creates problems with guilds or groups that want to play on the same server because servers fill up with a much broader base of players, which means more friends and family will want to join that server, not less as time goes on.

People seem to be under the impression that staged entry is is going to solve server que's, server population issues or imbalances, as well as allowing people to play where they wish, which is just not going to be true.

The only real thing that staggering does in terms of gradual increase, is make it easier for people who do get in to level, as well as prolonging the time frame until que's & server issues do appear.

This is true, it only really fixes some "first impression" log ins as far as queues are concerned but like I said, when everyone actually has time to play we will see how their servers hold up then.

This is the best launch ever! I know I can't remember the last time I had this much fun. Honestly....Hitting the 'Refresh' key over and over and over and over again is no different than hitting the 'numbered' keys repeatedly in game. Who can honestly tell me that they don't feel 'heroic' checking their email every few minutes? Comon now. In two weeks this will be all behind us and we'll be scratching our heads wondering what all the hype was about. Er.........

/Facepalm

Edited by DSPD

This is the best launch ever! I know I can't remember the last time I had this much fun. Honestly....Hitting the 'Refresh' key over and over and over and over again is no different than hitting the 'numbered' keys repeatedly in game. Who can honestly tell me that they don't feel 'heroic' checking their email every few minutes? Comon now. In two weeks this will be all behind us and we'll be scratching our heads wondering what all the hype was about. Er.........

/Facepalm

The game hasn't launched yet, what don't you people understand?

Stop calling it a launch fail, it makes you look ignorant.

And people are QQ'ing about the 2 BONUS days of early access? Get a life.