Kolto Probe Stacking

mojotele

Hey guys,

My apologies if this has been brought up before. I did a quick Google search and didn't turn up anything. And, of course, the search on the forums themselves is disabled.

Anyway, I have a question about Kolto Probe stacking and if there's a potential display bug. Obviously, it stacks up to two times. So, I put it on someone twice and there's a nice little icon that has "2" in the corner.

Now, when the timer on the icon is about to expire, I renew Kolto Probe once. This brings the timer back up to the top and it still shows "2". The character getting healed, though, has 3 actual probes floating around him. One flies away when the animation is finished, leaving 2 probes, then another probe flies away - my second iteration of Kolto Probe. However, the icon still says "2".

So my question is: does anyone know if there's actually two probes on the guy? Or is there only one? My assumption is that there's only one, and the "2" on the icon is a display bug. Anyone else noticed this?

EDIT: I'm also assuming that when three Kolto Probe animations are going on there isn't actually three stacks of Kolto Probe on the target. I imagine the animation simply isn't canceled.

Edited by mojotele

Go by what the buff icon reads, 1 or 2....I have seen 4 probes (graphically)...but the buff icon shows only 2 charges (max).

That's what I've been doing, but each cast of Kolto Probe should have a separate timer, correct? Refreshing Kolto Probe once surely can't keep two stacks going. But, according to the buff icon, that's what happens.

That's what I've been doing, but each cast of Kolto Probe should have a separate timer, correct? Refreshing Kolto Probe once surely can't keep two stacks going. But, according to the buff icon, that's what happens.

That's the whole point. Once you have two stacks is very efficient to refresh it.

You have correct once you get a 2 stack, you only need 1 to refresh the full duration. I would like them to remove the Diagnostic Scan talents(4 of them and the move is still a waste of a GCD) to add one of our casted heals to refresh the duration of Kolto Probes. When the tank is getting rocked its annoying/risky to waste that gcd to refresh it.