Future Playable Races [Suggestion Thread].

Flitz

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would really want Nautolans added as playable species. Everytime I see one in-game as an npc, I just think... "aww man =[ "

It's a shame that the upcoming legacy features will only allow the addition of species that are already implemented, meaning nothing really 'new' is being added to the game, just a broader range of choices that already exist. I've been putting off making my Jedi Guardian because I want him to be a Nautolan, but when I found out the legacy system wouldn't add 'new' species, just ones that are already available to other classes, I kind of lost hope. It would be a very wise move on BioWare's part to allow players to select from a huge range of species. This is the Star Wars galaxy, afterall, and to feel so limited just feels... icky.

It's not like adding a broader range of species available to us would be such a hard thing to do. Take my drooled over Nautolan as an example. As npc's, they are different sizes, genders, have different colored skins, and have different accessories as well (mainly, the small bands wrapped around their tendrils.) The options are there, just not to the players, which, as I said, is a shame. I believe the millions of people paying to play this game would appreciate some more choices here, and the legacy system's addition to species choice, while it is a start, just isn't going to cut it.

Edited by Alkapwn

I posted my suggestions in a thread I thought was moved here to the Suggestion thread, but I just saw it still was in general. So here is my thoughts....

(Probably mentioned earlier in this thread) I guess they stick to near-human species so the possible romantic aspects in the game won't be too disturbing.

So, even if I'd would like to see a lot of exotic species playable, I will stick to those species that I guess could fit with the near-human vision.

Here is my list:

PRIORITY

* Cathar (feline) - Juhani

* Falleen (green reptilian with pheromones) - Prince Xizor

* Iktotchi (huge horns) - Saesee Tiin

* Nautolan (green with multiple "lekku") - Kit Fisto

* Togruta (red and white humanoid with "lekkus" - Shaak Ti, Ahsoka Tano

SECONDARY

* Chagrian (blue, human faces with long horns) - Mas Amedda

* Devaronian ("devil") - Labria

* Lannik (for the "short" players. Big ears) - Even Piell

* Pau'an (tall "striped" humanoid) - Tion Medon

STRETCHING (might be TOO alien)

* Clawdite ("reptilian" shapeshifter. Would be cool if it for shorter time could mimic other races) - ZamWesell

* Duros (no nose, big eyes, pretty near-human) - De Maal brothers, Cad Bane

* Muun (long pale faces) - San Hill, Darth Plagueis

* Weequay ("burned" face) - Ak-rev, Sora Bulq, Hondo Ohnaka

I would really want Nautolans added as playable species. Everytime I see one in-game as an npc, I just think... "aww man =[ "

It's a shame that the upcoming legacy features will only allow the addition of species that are already implemented, meaning nothing really 'new' is being added to the game, just a broader range of choices that already exist. I've been putting off making my Jedi Guardian because I want him to be a Nautolan, but when I found out the legacy system wouldn't add 'new' species, just ones that are already available to other classes, I kind of lost hope. It would be a very wise move on BioWare's part to allow players to select from a huge range of species. This is the Star Wars galaxy, afterall, and to feel so limited just feels... icky.

It's not like adding a broader range of species available to us would be such a hard thing to do. Take my drooled over Nautolan as an example. As npc's, they are different sizes, genders, have different colored skins, and have different accessories as well (mainly, the small bands wrapped around their tendrils.) The options are there, just not to the players, which, as I said, is a shame. I believe the millions of people paying to play this game would appreciate some more choices here, and the legacy system's addition to species choice, while it is a start, just isn't going to cut it.

I agree I had hihgh hopes for legacy but it seems all we are getting is a bit of a naff few extra classes for existing species. In truth the leacy system is not adding any species it is simply opening up more classes to exisiting species.

Oh Well maybe we will see more alien playable species in the future.

I think Bioware should set a realistic goal to please and share with the community. 1 new Race per side or 1 that is playable on both sides every few months or so taking polls along the way to see which race the community wants next.

Just an idea.

Echani - Epic Albino's that like to fight nearly naked! Hates Mandalorians Perfect to be added with them.

I RP my human as an Echani. Give her white hair, whiter skin and yellow eyes (because she's a Pureblood Half-Breed) and bam.

Edited by RJMazz

It's been 300+ years, so they've had some time to repopulate. Also, as far as I'm aware the Miraluka "only" lost a colony, not their homeworld.

I can only remember 3 cathar in the game off the top of my head: the trooper companion, that senator that shows up during the Coruscant arc of the trooper story, and the one that shows up during the Balmorra arc of the BH story. There could be more that I haven't seen yet or weren't interesting or important enough to remember, but those are the only ones I can think of.

There is a Cathar refugee female questgiver that stole some medicine at Fort Garrick on Ord Mantell for both the Smuggler and Trooper storylines. I do not recall more on Ord Mantell though.

Taris does have at least one I can remember, but do not remember where on planet that one is.

Miralukas are (imho) ever-present because of their overt force-sensativity.

There is a Cathar refugee female questgiver that stole some medicine at Fort Garrick on Ord Mantell for both the Smuggler and Trooper storylines. I do not recall more on Ord Mantell though.

Taris does have at least one I can remember, but do not remember where on planet that one is.

Tropper do also have a quest-giver early on that is a male cathar.

Imps fight alot of Cathar on Taris, so they are pretty common. They are probably on a lot more places, that I haven't visited. But I miss the "russian" accent on them, as on the one in KOTOR =)

I <3 the Selonians. I love their voice, it sounds so evil but then they look like ferrets. I get tired of being a human, or race that looks like a human constantly. Being a creature/animal would be a nice change in altland. I do realize that it's much more work for them and we probably won't see it, but that's what I would love to see. Jawas, wookies, cathar, and whatever Broonmark was, would all be great. Also I really enjoyed every aspect of Voss and would be happy to play a Voss if their paint job was customizable.

So for me, any race that is an animal/creature is what I really wish for....

• 3 weeks later...
Ugh I so agree they need more species in the game. Togruta and Nautolan would be my first pics to add! Was hoping they would be added via the Legacy system, but since that doesn't seem to be the case I think our only hope of seeing them would be in an expansion..and that would not come for a year at the very earliest.

• 1 month later...
I <3 the Selonians. I love their voice, it sounds so evil but then they look like ferrets. I get tired of being a human, or race that looks like a human constantly. Being a creature/animal would be a nice change in altland. I do realize that it's much more work for them and we probably won't see it, but that's what I would love to see. Jawas, wookies, cathar, and whatever Broonmark was, would all be great. Also I really enjoyed every aspect of Voss and would be happy to play a Voss if their paint job was customizable.

So for me, any race that is an animal/creature is what I really wish for....

Ya!!! :) go selonians for the Den!!! for Corellia!!!

The problem with alot of races is that they don't speak English (or the language being applied to whoever) such as Wookies, Ewoks, or even droids because of their mechanical voice, let's bear in mind it is not the voice of the species, it is of the class and it would be odd to hear an Ewok speak in the Jedi Consular voice.

Togruta- Yes. They are already in the game, but just need to be made available.

Nautolan- Yes. Once again, already in game, just needs implemented.

Devaronian- There are a few in-game, but only as males (as far as I know), and their features are very similar, if not the same. So, this would require a little more effort.

Cathar- Both male and female versions are in the game right now and features are different, so it just needs to be put in.

Yoda's Race- They do not have a name and not much is known about them. That is how it will stay. Lucas Arts rarely lets people create characters of this race, so just having the one already in the game is as far as it will go. Letting them be a playable character will never happen (no matter how much we dream about it), but BioWare could make the one NPC already in the game a bigger part of the game than flashpoints (if he actually is in the story more, then my apolgies. I am not that far in all of the stories).

Chagrian- They are not in the game, but probably wouldn't require much work.

Pau-an- These guys have always looked weird to me. If others like it, by all means they can ask for it! Personally, I won't be playing as one.

Echani- This would be very easy, because they are just really pale. So, yeah i guess.

Gungan- No. Just no. I don't want anything like that to spoil anything that BioWare has made!

Falleen- I also see them as a very dark-sided species. This would be really cool! And on Wookieepedia, it shows one with a red face when he is meditating(?). Maybe that can be implemented too cause it looks pretty cool!

Duros- Why not? This would be cool for a smuggler! Just imagine it! A Duros dressed in an awesome smuggler outfit, flying a starship! Is that not cool or what?

Voss- I haven't been on this planet yet, but everyone wants one.

Rodian- They are already in the game, so they just need some custom features besides skin color.

Mon Calamari- DON'T DO IT! IT'S A TRAP! But a Mon Calamari Trooper would be so cool! I call dibs on naming mine Admiral (cause there is no title for Admiral) and legacy name Ackbar! Out of all seriousness, this would need more customizable features.

Kel-Dorian- Hell yeah! I want to be able to make customizable face thingies! But they need more custom features.

Zelton- I LOVE BUBBLEGUM! YES! They just need to dye the human skin and hair into pink colors, so yes.

Kaleesh- They seem to use a lot of ancient weaponry. I'm not sure how this would work out at all.

Weequay- YES YES YES! MAKE IT!

Droids- No. 1- Almost all droids are owned as property. 2- Nobody would give a quest to a droid, especially because of #1.

Bothans- I want to give my life to give the Republic their much-needed information!

Cerean- Just enlarge the head of the human and you got yourselves a lot of happy people, BioWare!

Gran- Eh...I'm not sure.

Wookie- I think there is enough custom features for this and enough dialogue for the Wookie already (well except females). Nobody will be able to understand it, so just use anything!

That is it. I can also go into which species could go into what classes, but I do not have enough time now.