Jedi Guardian PvP Movie - INSANE CRITS!

Mirialol

Hello, I just made some PvP movies, hope you guys like it

Videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfWx_mcAQBY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHuwPm6aDhs (over 9000)

I have been getting many whispers and private message regarding questions about my spec, gear, and play. I am worried that if majority of the guardians (without figuring out the class themselves) all follow a set guide and use the same efficient talent and gear at this early stage of the metagame development, the class may seem appear overpowered compared to others and end up getting nerfed. However, it is inevitable that some individual or group of individuals will eventually end up writing such a guide. Therefore I am debating whether or not I should write a detailed PvP guide on jedi guardians.

Poll:

http://www.acepolls.com/polls/1243125-should-i-write-a-guardian-pvp-guide

Edited by Mirialol

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That AE Burst, Perma slow, Guard and Taunt makes the Guardian/Juggernaut the best Melee in the Game.

But people only care about Damage, so probably Operative/Scoundrel will stay the #1 OP class in this Forum?

Edited by Teabaker

Thank you for further proving the point that every class can do extreme damage given the right circumstances. I'm so sick of people crying for Scrapper nerfs. first two crits I saw in the video were 8700 and then 7900. I'm sure people will start crying, GUARDIANS ARE OP!!

Nearly all that video is done on lowbies with no expertise and with him having most if not all possible buffs to jack up the damage. In reality you normally get around 4k crits. Less if they are a tank.

So it's just like all the high crit operative videos then?

Edit: Yeah, except the part in THE FIRST 30 SEONDS on Illum where he AOE's all 50's.

Edit 2: And the part at about 5:30 where he takes down a 50 BH with 16k health while a 43 and 19 beat on him, then kills them too without grabbing the heal powerup.

Edit 3: And the part at 6:05 where he shreds a 31 while a 50 Op beats on him the entire time then kills him too.

Edit 4: And the appropriate finale where he takes on three 50's at once followed by a fourth and wipes the floor with them. Yeah, I would love to see an Operative do that. I know for a fact I couldn't even with adrenals if they had half a brain between them.

So yeah, NERF GUARDIANS/JUGGS!!! DO IT!!! WE HAVE UNDENIABLE PROOF NOW!!! rabble rabble rabble ect. ect.

Edited by Rasui

Edit: Yeah, except the part in THE FIRST 30 SEONDS on Illum where he AOE's all 50's.

Edit 2: And the part at about 5:30 where he takes down a 50 BH with 16k health while a 43 and 19 beat on him, then kills them too without grabbing the heal powerup.

Meh, just another case of gear/buffs being the end all of PvP folks. Nothing to see here, move along.

Nearly all that video is done on lowbies with no expertise and with him having most if not all possible buffs to jack up the damage. In reality you normally get around 4k crits. Less if they are a tank.

i am 45 and i crit 3.8k to 4k on 50s. but nice try to troll him though :)

Hello, I just made a PvP movie, hope you guys like it

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKfE31V-fhU

Screenshot of one of the footage: (NOT the highest crit shown in video)

http://i43.tinypic.com/v7gitd.png

I tried this spec, it felt clunky to me, but nice job with it. Watching this video, I think it's because my sweeps refused to go off instantly when I pressed them like yours do, and when you're trying to hit people who are moving with it that's a huge problem (plus mine did just over half your damage). You even wait until the end of a healer's cast before kicking it. I'd love to be able to do that and waste that extra time but even if I kick at the start it doesn't seem to work until the end, or sometimes after their cast.

Do you ever have any issues like this? I'm wondering if it's related to computer performance because even when recording video your fps seems very smooth.

PS - at 1.40, what are the 1104 and 2934 damage from? I couldn't see you use riposte and they both seem to come in the same GCD as the 7444 from the sweep?

Thanks for the vid :)

Edited by Prav

Edit 3: And the part at 6:05 where he shreds a 31 while a 50 Op beats on him the entire time then kills him too.

Edit 4: And the appropriate finale where he takes on three 50's at once followed by a fourth and wipes the floor with them. Yeah, I would love to see an Operative do that. I know for a fact I couldn't even with adrenals if they had half a brain between them.

So yeah, NERF GUARDIANS/JUGGS!!! DO IT!!! WE HAVE UNDENIABLE PROOF NOW!!! rabble rabble rabble ect. ect.

I've seen operative do that without having all the damage buffs. Also I said nearly all the video, and yes nearly all the vdeo is him beating up on lowbies. Every fight there he is using all the damage buffs available to him. Without those under normal circumstances you will only be hitting for 4k like I said. The last fight is only against 3 players that he vastly out gears because it is impossible to get that high of a crit on a equally geared player without the expertise pickup.

If this is proof of anything it is proof that biochem is and consumable are OP.

i am 45 and i crit 3.8k to 4k on 50s. but nice try to troll him though :)

Not saying he is bad, he is quite good, just saying that the whole story is not there. BTW, 50 in near full champ hardest hit I can get on someone of equal gear without stims adrenals and expertise pickup is about 5k averaging 4k and dropping to just below 3k on tanky targets.

The spec is not hard to play. You just wait for the stacks of shockwave/jedi equivalent then if your auto crit is not up, oblit or leap to the target and hit smash/force sweep. It particularly funny when you get them all packed together and hit 5 targets with it. Agianst decent players this is rare.

Edited by Noth

Could you post a ss of your gear and torhead of your build? I'm fairly geared and my dmg is no where near that..

Consumables. Remove them and you fix a lot of the OP talk on these forums.

Currently, I really can't tell who is OP and who isn't. I know I feel OP when I am using full consumables.

Hello, I just made a PvP movie, hope you guys like it

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKfE31V-fhU

Screenshot of one of the footage: (NOT the highest crit shown in video)

http://i43.tinypic.com/v7gitd.png

New screenshot of new record crit I just got: (not in the movie)

http://i44.tinypic.com/dxbdvn.png

Hey Mirialol can you link ur build?

I tried this spec, it felt clunky to me, but nice job with it. Watching this video, I think it's because my sweeps refused to go off instantly when I pressed them like yours do, and when you're trying to hit people who are moving with it that's a huge problem (plus mine did just over half your damage). You even wait until the end of a healer's cast before kicking it. I'd love to be able to do that and waste that extra time but even if I kick at the start it doesn't seem to work until the end, or sometimes after their cast.

Do you ever have any issues like this? I'm wondering if it's related to computer performance because even when recording video your fps seems very smooth.

PS - at 1.40, what are the 1104 and 2934 damage from? I couldn't see you use riposte and they both seem to come in the same GCD as the 7444 from the sweep?

Thanks for the vid :)

probably force exhaust (1104 dot dmg, 2934 end dmg)

Yeah that 550 power buff on 3 minute cooldown is clearly breaking the game :rolleyes:

Btw nothing is stopping you from spending credits to buy blue biochem stuff and use them yourself.

ya ok..Dont use stims/trinkets and make your movie so i can laugh at your dmg your gear isn't good enough to even do half the numbers without -biocrutch-

ya ok..Dont use stims/trinkets and make your movie so i can laugh at your dmg your gear isn't good enough to even do half the numbers without -biocrutch-

ive gotten 8.1k crit without adrenal, check out the first movie

(i used relic+expertise pot+zerker. no adrenal)

Yeah that 550 power buff on 3 minute cooldown is clearly breaking the game :rolleyes:

Btw nothing is stopping you from spending credits to buy blue biochem stuff and use them yourself.

You are missing the point relic +adrenal + expertise buff 2x (wz and pot) + stim = around 1k power or tons of surge and 30% bonus dmg. 20% of power = bonus dmg. Which is around 200 bonus dmg since most people have around 600+ at 50.That is a 30% dmg increase, stack that with 30% expertise and you are looking at 60% dmg. Now go after someone with no expertise and its 70%+ dmg. Not to mention the heavy surge making the crits even bigger.

If you think consumable stacking isn't a problem you don't really know jack about endgame pvp.

Most skill player ever, i love how you keep on top on other players as they move! them fast reactions are really a killer, all these nubs are haters, they all 1 button fighters! but not you sir.

ya im a nub that's why we dominate wargrounds on my server in my guild can't wait for rated bg's and no -expertise players in them. Im just seeing nothing but Vanilla double Zulgrub power trinket stack = win no skill in that if you look at his play its just setup fall back charge for focus faceroll biocrutch. It just needs to be toned down i love losing 1v1 1v2's because outplayed not because i was outtrinketed. I'll give you a 7/10 though since u didn't keyboard turn like most the terrible vids on PvP forums.

Edited by warkat