Why oh why can I hurt other players if I am not PvP flagged?

_Darkstar

Yes, that would be me. I give up on the guy personally. I'd rather we have no community manager at all, as the guy with the title pretty much gives the same result as not having him would.

Maybe he read your signature and decided it wasn't worth it.

Edited by daemian

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO this thread and the other one like it have been extremely polite, considering how irritated some people are with this mechanic. Have you seen some of the useless threads devs have actually responded in?

example: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2119752#edit2119752

I mean seriously... a thread about workbenches on starships? double u - tee - eff?

Right. I've expressed some boycott level displeasure, but that has a lot to do with the investment in money and faith that I have in the game and the studio, combined with how long these threads have gone on without any real response. I'm just not prepared to throw good money after bad.

There's plenty of games coming out that I'm looking forward to. If I "miss" ME3 for instance, I think I'll get over it.

3 weeks ago, I could accept that the CS/CR team was well and truely overloaded. They've had some time to catch up/staff up, and I still haven't seen the level of feedback on ANY issue approach that of what Cryptic or Turbine are capable of.

For me it's almost more about the responsiveness now than the issue itself. This game has (hopefully) a long life ahead of it, and it's going to be rather unpleasant for the community if there isn't at least a little damage control going on.

And this is why not responding to threads like this is a problem. On the one hand, they don't want to have to respond to angry threads because its unpleasant. On the other hand, threads that are continually not responded to grow angrier by the day. They are actually unintentionally reinforcing the idea that only threads that reach a sufficient level of outrage and anger will be responded to.

PVE. On a PVE server. That's what is being asked for. Can we please get a comment already? Sheesh.

Happened to me on a PvE server - one stealthed guy standing in the middle of a group of NPCs; add my mortar strike to that, and suddenly I'm getting Force lightning'ed.

Nice.

Right. I've expressed some boycott level displeasure, but that has a lot to do with the investment in money and faith that I have in the game and the studio, combined with how long these threads have gone on without any real response. I'm just not prepared to throw good money after bad.

There's plenty of games coming out that I'm looking forward to. If I "miss" ME3 for instance, I think I'll get over it.

3 weeks ago, I could accept that the CS/CR team was well and truely overloaded. They've had some time to catch up/staff up, and I still haven't seen the level of feedback on ANY issue approach that of what Cryptic or Turbine are capable of.

For me it's almost more about the responsiveness now than the issue itself. This game has (hopefully) a long life ahead of it, and it's going to be rather unpleasant for the community if there isn't at least a little damage control going on.

Indeed. It's a great opportunity for Bioware to establish a rep regarding customer service (as opposed to trying to fix their rep later).

There's a customer service survey in my email that I haven't responded to yet.

I've tweeted at him a couple of times too, but he hasn't tweeted at all since Wednesday, so I think maybe he's not reading that stuff right now. I'm waiting for a time when I see him actively replying to others to try again.

I have been Tweeting him and @SWTOR for a few days now, they have replied to other people, but not me.

Seems if I had an issue that can be answered by pointing me to a FAQ they would have responded by now, but I have enough brains to only ask questions where the answers aren't obvious ...

Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you all know that the development team is aware of this issue and is currently investigating different solutions for it. Your feedback is important and we want everyone to be able to have an enjoyable experience. We'll definitely keep you posted with the latest information on this.

Thank you

Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you all know that the development team is aware of this issue and is currently investigating different solutions for it. Your feedback is important and we want everyone to be able to have an enjoyable experience. We'll definitely keep you posted with the latest information on this.

Thank you

Thank you.

Hi everyone,

Thank you

OMG thank you so much for replying :)

We do appreciate it.

Apologies for the delay, but I was waiting to make sure that it was on internal radar and being worked on before I posted. :)

Thanks for the response. At least now we know its not intended for PVE server and you guys are working on a solution for us. You just made my weekend :)

Hi everyone,

Thank you

Why waste time investigating for solutions?

Just copy+paste the "disable pvp auto flag" from other MMOs like Rift.

Edited by aivedoir

Apologies for the delay, but I was waiting to make sure that it was on internal radar and being worked on before I posted. :)

Just make the solution that you CANT hurt someone if you're not flagged. There really is no other alternative that is acceptable to those who do NOT want to PvP under any circumstances. I should have to manually flag myself before I can attack another player.

Hi everyone,

Thank you

Music to my ears.:D

Only reason i don't wanna see this implemented is due to the Ilum level 10-20 Chest Bots, if you go pvp flagged and stand in front of them (where the chest should be) they will click and attack you, due to the bot clicking over and over and over where the chest should be.

Yes i have spent time screwing up all the bots in ilum that i can find (odd on my server there are NO republic bots on ilum but upwards of 5 empire bots at times)..

yeah i know everyone will say "but just report the bots!!!!" umm yeah i have.. some for 2+ weeks and guess what? yeah they are still there.. some just got smarter and apparently the bot can even log in/out now on a timer too :(((

I am really disappointed at how hacked/botted parts of this game are already and i have heard little feedback from bioware on it.

If ya odn't believe me on bots/hacks just google it, when someone else posted about it i was stunned at the stuff that came up and it explained SOOOO much in PvP warzones (with people warping around i thought it was lag!!) :(((

anyways total side note i know, but if they remove the auto flagging for attacking someone i can't piss the chest farmers off anymore (it is most fun when their level 50 shows up to try and rez them and gets flagged too!)

Only reason i don't wanna see this implemented is due to the Ilum level 10-20 Chest Bots, if you go pvp flagged and stand in front of them (where the chest should be) they will click and attack you, due to the bot clicking over and over and over where the chest should be.

Yes i have spent time screwing up all the bots in ilum that i can find (odd on my server there are NO republic bots on ilum but upwards of 5 empire bots at times)..

yeah i know everyone will say "but just report the bots!!!!" umm yeah i have.. some for 2+ weeks and guess what? yeah they are still there.. some just got smarter and apparently the bot can even log in/out now on a timer too :(((

I am really disappointed at how hacked/botted parts of this game are already and i have heard little feedback from bioware on it.

If ya odn't believe me on bots/hacks just google it, when someone else posted about it i was stunned at the stuff that came up and it explained SOOOO much in PvP warzones (with people warping around i thought it was lag!!) :(((

anyways total side note i know, but if they remove the auto flagging for attacking someone i can't piss the chest farmers off anymore (it is most fun when their level 50 shows up to try and rez them and gets flagged too!)

I rather they just ban those outright. Hopefully they will come up some way to get rid of those faster.

Hi everyone,

Thank you

Thank you, this was all we where asking for.

Now I can get a good night sleep and hope that the solution will be:

No PvP flag = No damage dealt to PvP flagged people with AoE or even when having a PvP flagged player in target (should result in "No target" message)

No PvP flag = No resurrection of PvP flagged players without confirming it in a pop-up window (Simple "Yes", "No" window with the text "Resurrecting this player will flag you for PvP. Continue?")

No PvP flag = AoE heals/buffs to have no effects on PvP flagged players

No PvP flag = If healing or buffing casting time is running to heal/buff a targeted player and the targeted player turns on the PvP flag then you skill should be interrupted so that you don't get flagged. AoE heals and buffs should continue as normal and affect only those that has no PvP flag at the end of the casting time.

The last one is to prevent griefers from flagging you.

If we can get some or all of that then you would make extremely many of us happy.

Thank you, this was all we where asking for.

Now I can get a good night sleep and hope that the solution will be:

No PvP flag = No damage dealt to PvP flagged people with AoE or even when having a PvP flagged player in target (should result in "No target" message)

No PvP flag = No resurrection of PvP flagged players without confirming it in a pop-up window (Simple "Yes", "No" window with the text "Resurrecting this player will flag you for PvP. Continue?")

No PvP flag = AoE heals/buffs to have no effects on PvP flagged players

No PvP flag = If healing or buffing casting time is running to heal/buff a targeted player and the targeted player turns on the PvP flag then you skill should be interrupted so that you don't get flagged. AoE heals and buffs should continue as normal and affect only those that has no PvP flag at the end of the casting time.

The last one is to prevent griefers from flagging you.

If we can get some or all of that then you would make extremely many of us happy.

Totally agree with this.

Why not? Because of another restriction due to their Hero Engine?

By copy+paste I meant the feature, not the programming code.

They have to see what it takes to actually program each feature to decide which is more worthwhile.

As long as I know it is being looked into I am happy though. I will give them peace to fix it now :)

Name an MMO where catching an enemy player in an AoE, even if you were targeting an enemy with it first, does not throw you into PvP mode. Go ahead.

World of Warcraft.

WoW does not flag you, since your AoE will not damage or affect flagged enemy players unless you are pvp flagged yourself.