I get my own ship!!!!!!!???

Tadshackles

The personal ships are a great starting point for an eventual "player housing" system. They are kind of like one now. It's your base of operations, theres a bed in there, access to your cargo (bank) and all your best [npc]buddies inside.

I would like to see them add the ability for different paint jobs, both in and out. The ability to gather and place trophys/items/decorations -- Somewhere in between the level of customization of SWG and the hook system in LOTRO.

I also think the personal ships should have a mailbox. If I am able to receive a holo call from someone on a different planet, my ship should be able to receive a simple text based message too!

As far as space combat goes, it is fun, but it is only a side game at this point. Some filler content for that pesky last 1/8 of the XP needed for your next level before you move to the next system.

I would definitely like to see it expanded upon. Guild capital ships for guild halls. PVP battles between personal ships and guild ships...

I'll be happiest when they allow you to change which ship you use. Yes it would be a decent amount of work for them(while shifting the companions around wouldn't be a big deal in and of itself, especially if they ever get around to adding custom or variant interiors, they'd have to re-render all the story cutscenes for every class with every ship for either faction), but totally worth it - my Jedi character no longer sees eye-to-eye with the Council or the Order as a whole, he'd more likely be slumming it in a freighter than in a fancypants custom luxury cruiser, and similarly my Agent and Inquisitor would reverse their ship options if they could.

Yes, let's laugh at him because he like something you do not?

Great thread contribution buddy.

It's a pyschological thing

Look at it this way

Kid with stick, loves his stick, thinks it's the best toy he's ever had and the best toy in the whole world.

Kid with Xbox comes along and laughs at kid with stick

FYI! When the star-ship commendations from doing missions you can buy 4 special upgrades for your ship that are just awesome sauce.

Proton Torpedo's at 50!

EMP Shock Waves!

Something Else!

Power Conversion Module at 25! (Can use number keys to go between increased blaster power and increased shield regen!)

Star-ship combat missions are something I do every day.

I agree with the OP,.. I wasn't paying "that" much attention to the game before it came out and my buddy and I were like WTG when we BOTH could enter each other's ship as well as Travel to a new PLanet together!

( The game "tows" the other players ship, to the new place, though)

QUESTION about Fleet comms:

That red space suit in there...it's only light armor? Where are the others?!

See,..and this is why we need a Cosmetic tab!

:D

It's a pyschological thing

Look at it this way

Kid with stick, loves his stick, thinks it's the best toy he's ever had and the best toy in the whole world.

Kid with Xbox comes along and laughs at kid with stick

Kid with stick beats Xbox kid senseless...

Xbox kid sells xBox for a gun,..

Hilarity ensues,..

:cool:

I hope they add more things to do in a ship. Currently they are nice to look at but serve no useful purpose apart from the galaxy map. I would like to be able to place items in mine. Maybe bring back a use for the Mod tables.

I would love to hear what ideas other people have.

WHY isn't there a mailbox on your ship?!?!?

Or for that matter, having access to the Auction House from your ship would be baller.

I'm in love with my ship, don't get me wrong. But it wouldn't take much for them to add the above ^ and it would give your ship so much more utility.

Its really cool that you can party up and get on somebody's ship... but there's really not much to do except go to a different planet and get off.

Having a mailbox and an AH access on your ship would make it much more viable to actually hang out on your ship with your friends during downtime.

Edited by miliways

Yeah i really like the ship combat missions, though they get a little old and im not impressed with some of them being recycled with just tougher targets that award the same amount of xp as the weaker ones.

I would also like to see in the future the ability to purchase a new ship. and maybe decorate it. I was a little dissapointed that in order to get a phantom i had to be a imperial agent. Not that the imperial agent isnt cool (i love the 007 feel in the story line) just that i would like a choice in the future. Great start though.

I would LOVE to be able to place items, weapons, old armors I've collected, on my ships walls. This was a really cool thing in SWG.

I know this sounds lame to a lot of you, but my wife (a Juggernaut) and I (an Assassin) travel all over, doing quests, etc., in my ship. We log in together, and we log out together in the ship, like it's our virtual house.

BW, Please allow us to drop items in our ship, and place them on walls, etc.

I would LOVE to be able to place items, weapons, old armors I've collected, on my ships walls. This was a really cool thing in SWG.

Indeed. I loved that in X-Wing Alliance.

Edited by Ommm

To be honest, when they announced the space combat was going to be on rails like rebel assault, i was disappointed. But when i got my 1st ship I tried one mission out, just cause, and was pleasantly surprised how fun it was. Now i am ignoring it however, as there is tons of story quests to do, and space missions can wait till i max lvl.

I do really hope they add a real space combat element to the game, off the rails, like Xwing vs tie fighter or something.

My only complaint about my ship is there is no bathroom. I had to land on a planet just to take a dump.

Shepard having an actual bathroom on the ship, suggests not everyone at bioware studios handles it the same way.

There might be hope yet!

Edited by Ommm