Legacy Suggestion (better here, than General forum)

Meurik

When the 'Legacy System' is finally unveiled and unlocked to all players (who have completed Act 1 atleast once), I would propose the following:

• Legacy "Cargo Hold" available to all characters (non-bound items, and credits)
  • Legacy "Friends", add friend by Legacy Name, always visible when logged in
  • Legacy "Gear", possibly require players to reach level 50 on all classes
  • Legacy "Talents", non-combat bonuses
  • Legacy "Species", new species at character creation (confirmed by Bioware to be a possibility)
  • Legacy "Companion Customizations", additional appearances for companions
  • Legacy "Schematics", custom schematics obtained by higher-leveled Legacy players
  • Legacy "Quests", additional quest-chains for long-time Legacy players

More often than not, I end up with a bunch of crafting materials which I no longer need. Some of the Crafting skills in this game, share crafting materials with another Crafting skill. Having a Cargo Hold which is accessable for multiple characters, would make it easier for the characters to "pull" materials from the common Cargo Hold, instead of having to manually mail the materials back and forth.

When crafting, the game should automatically "pull" materials from the player inventory, followed by the personal Cargo Hold, and finally from the shared Cargo Hold.

What do you guys think?

EDITED on January 10th:

I've compiled a list of the suggested Legacy "perks" that the users have posted in this thread. With any luck, this list makes it through the channels and is seen by the proper eyes at Bioware.

Edited by Meurik

Allow us to /friend by legacy name, so I can talk to my good friend 'Cloudrunner' or whatever his legacy name is, on any alt.

Levelling perks.

Special awesome gear only attainable by having one of each class leveled to 50 on a server.

Legacy talent trees with non-combat based bonuses.

Unlockable species for character creation, or alien species 'morphing' of current characters.

There's already a 'legacy' class in the crafting trainer menus, anybody spot that?

Allow us to /friend by legacy name, so I can talk to my good friend 'Cloudrunner' or whatever his legacy name is, on any alt.

Levelling perks.

Special awesome gear only attainable by having one of each class leveled to 50 on a server.

Legacy talent trees with non-combat based bonuses.

Unlockable species for character creation, or alien species 'morphing' of current characters.

There's already a 'legacy' class in the crafting trainer menus, anybody spot that?

I like the sound of all of these.

The legacy cargo hold would also be fantastic.

Give this man a job... seriously. I dont think it should pool from the shared cargo hold, and the shared cargo hold should restrict the trading of bound items, that way you cant abuse that or anything. but otherwise good idea. Edited by deserttfoxx

Yes please. That would be my number 1 request for the legacy system. A way to share unbound items and credits between characters from your ship or something.

Again, a great suggestion. If/When they add "Guild Banks", which is effectively a place to store both items and credits, it shouldn't be too hard to implement the "Legacy Cargo Hold" at the same time.

And yes, bound items should automatically be restricted from being placed in the shared cargo hold. Otherwise you'd end up having people rolling "Need" on gear that their specific character can't use, and then placing it in the shared cargo hold, so that their alt character(s) can pick it up.

We really need a proper "Suggestion Forum" to be honest. But until that happens, suggestions such as these are I think more appropriately placed in the "Test Server" forums, since they should be routinely monitored by the developers. My hope is that suggestions such as the ones mentioned in this thread, might find it's way to the proper eyes at Bioware.

EDIT: Updated the original post, with a compilation list of the suggestions made in this thread. Any further appropriate suggestions to this topic is welcome. I'll try and keep the list updated, for as long as this thread remains open, or until the Legacy system is finally unveiled.

Edited by Meurik

Legacy companion swap. Ability to swap companions between characters.

I'll take this a step farther... Long cooldown.. call one of your other toons as your companion for a brief amount of time.

Hard boss fight? Call your lvl 50 to mash him. People might complain about making the game to easy.. but seriously by the time you have a couple 50s.. do you really care?