** Unofficial 2nd day EGA wave thread **

qwertly

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the pre-launch is launched. This Launch is for the people who pre-orderd the game. The official release will not be activated the 20th of december. I hope this made it clear for you.

I must give it to him, nowhere does it say anything about "pre-launch"

sorry try again

Edit: thought id add this to help http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=273

Edited by Wickedchick

Lol, although I do not agree with the whiners. Ending waves at 9am they're time (west coast) is crazy. I was at work earlier than they are and still got another 4 hours :-/. But then again most people in working America are lazy

Sent from my iPhone

I'm not lazy, I try to boss everyone around equally from my office. It's very hard to do as it forces me to alt-tab from gaming.

Don't get me wrong I love BW, but EA is still involved.... They have killed many games before, but im hopin they didnt rush BioWare too much like every other company.

Correct. This is the 2nd launch of a MMO from EA that has drama, both actually including the "grace period" issue. I thought for sure we wouldn't have had to deal with this a second time after the last time and how messy it got. Someone from EA needs to look at their past and step up and tell Bioware just to open it up. I'm confident that server farms built in 2011 and infrastructures in place should be able to handle this. Not to mention how BW was bragging their numbers from the Beta stress test. This feels more "market conditioning" rather than "stability concerns".

Lol, although I do not agree with the whiners. Ending waves at 9am they're time (west coast) is crazy. I was at work earlier than they are and still got another 4 hours :-/. But then again most people in working America are lazy

Sent from my iPhone

They are not West coast. They are in Texas so are in Central time.

Just to clear that up.

This is not true. Everybody has the 11.02: Ready to Patch thing regardless of when they redeemed.

I unfortunately didnt pre-order till Nov 30th and redeemed code same date so not everyone has 11.02 - that is your redeemed date and thats the batch you will be in

Why would they bee so quiet if they were finished for the day? It'd be so much easier for them to just say "THATS IT FOR TODAY" - but tehy haven't yet, for over an hour....

Also, last wave was sent out at 19.30pm UK time yesterday so still another 25 minutes until that time comes.

Correct. This is the 2nd launch of a MMO from EA that has drama, both actually including the "grace period" issue. I thought for sure we wouldn't have had to deal with this a second time after the last time and how messy it got. Someone from EA needs to look at their past and step up and tell Bioware just to open it up. I'm confident that server farms built in 2011 and infrastructures in place should be able to handle this. Not to mention how BW was bragging their numbers from the Beta stress test. This feels more "market conditioning" rather than "stability concerns".

said same thing some post before.Major fail if they continue with this wave thing.Not only is bad organized but also proven to be the wrong tact.Not learning from your mistakes makes me consider what sort of company we are giving our money .

Is anyone else debating on buying one last month of WoW just to make it through these waves? I could go for some WoW about NoW.

ROFL.....after playing 2 weekends in the Beta I was in withdraw and needed to fill the void. I thought the game which shall not be named would help. I was very wrong.......once you go ToR......everything else is poor. :)