Star Wars Trivia to pass the time.

vectordecay

What is the name given to the death scream sound clip found in every George Lucas movie, and in many other movies as well?

(Example: The scream at 0:42 where Luke shoots a stormtrooper and he falls off the ledge. aaaaAAEEEEAAAAhhh)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA_USN_g3n8

I believe that's the Wilhelm Scream!

Just why was that particular Cantina in Mos Eisley a favourite hangout for smugglers and spacers?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why was Greedo a bounty hunter when he couldn't shoot a guy sitting 3 feet away from him? I know that was edited version but seriously a bounty hunter that misses a guy that close and the guy doesn't even try to dodge the blast? Seriously?

solo took a jacket greedo really wanted....i kid you not man, it's eu. Greedo was terrible at everything, if you read the eu stuff about him, it's completely plausible he'd miss from there.

"Originally, I was trying to have the story be told by somebody else (an immortal being known as a Whill); there was somebody watching this whole story and recording it, somebody probably wiser than the mortal players in the actual events. I eventually dropped this idea, and the concepts behind the Whills turned into the Force. But the Whills became part of this massive amount of notes, quotes, background information that I used for the scripts; the stories were actually taken from the Journal of the Whills."

―George Lucas[src]

It is a common misconception that "Whill" is the name of the unknown species of Yoda. George Lucas has firmly denied this. Because their form is totally unknown, and since the Whills were an early concept of the Force, some fans have speculated that the Whills are of spiritual substance more or less like Wisties and probably immortal. However, this is unlikely to be true, as Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith: Illustrated Screenplay and The Art of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith both have Qui-Gon Jinn stating that he knew of only one Shaman who had achieved immortality. However, Qui-Gon also states in the Revenge of the Sith novelization that immortality is a possible end-result for working with the Whills' teachings.

Why was Greedo a bounty hunter when he couldn't shoot a guy sitting 3 feet away from him? I know that was edited version but seriously a bounty hunter that misses a guy that close and the guy doesn't even try to dodge the blast? Seriously?

Han's notoriously lucky. I think there was a feat in the tabletop, something like Smuggler's Luck, or somesuch. Dude did do the Kessel run in under 8 parsecs, presumably that's gotta require some mad skills, luck, and just darn goood reflexes.

Who encountered the Vong first?

From the Galaxy we know in the SW Universe, the Mandalorian and the pirates they were chasing, had "first contact".

These often contained the consciousness of their creator, which teach you all they knew during their life, even if you probably not ready to know it.

I think that it would have actually been Zenoma Sekot, don't want to cheat and wookie it though, can anyone confirm one way or another. I'm thinking Sekot because Yuzantaar(spelling) was also supposed to have been another living planet that got fed up with the Vong and ripped them outside of the force, excluding Jacen's Vongsense(which just gets weird anyway, I mean they make the guy an uber jedi, and then a completely wuss sith wth, pretty disappointed with that character, he has to have been developed over at least twenty books, phhhh let down).

seriously, you should see her in the tom hanks movie, the man with one red shoe, i think is the name. **** almost shames slave girl outfit. oh, and it's a hanks movie back when he still had a sense of humor. dang it! my uber nerd clumsiness strikes again, i just managed to smash a fricking pork rind all over my keyboard. stupid. insult to injury, these things are older than crap.

It's late for me, and i'm drawing a blank on questions. So if anybody just popping in for a view has anything, to either play stump the chump, or if you are just curious about something, this is the place to ask.

Got one: What member of Rogue Squadron later becomes a jedi with a very rare force ability, and props/nods/cake if you can name or describe said ability?

It's late for me, and i'm drawing a blank on questions. So if anybody just popping in for a view has anything, to either play stump the chump, or if you are just curious about something, this is the place to ask.

Got one: What member of Rogue Squadron later becomes a jedi with a very rare force ability, and props/nods/cake if you can name or describe said ability?

Corran Horn, Alter Mind

Starwars toys / movie question:

The original 4inch toys they made a last batch of extra characters 17 I think one of these characters is the rarest and most expensive if you have him mint in the box. He features in the original movies for about 5 seconds name him!!!