Star Wars Trivia to pass the time.

vectordecay

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. In addition to the name change from Luke Starkiller, in earlier drafts of the script, there are the characters of Biggs and Camie, Luke’s friends who have gone to the Academy. In the film, Biggs is one of the rebel pilots in the end sequence.

2. Lucas got the idea for Chewbacca one morning in the early ’70s while watching his wife, Marcia, drive off in her car. She had their Alaskan malamute, Indiana, (the name sake for Indiana Jones) with her. Lucas liked the way the large shaggy dog looked in the passenger seat so he decided to create a character in the film that was a cross between Indiana, a bear, and a monkey.

3. Due to the limited budget the American cast members and crew (including George Lucas) all decided to fly coach class to England, rather than first class. When Carrie Fisher’s mother Debbie Reynolds heard about this she called George Lucas, complaining about how insulting it was for her daughter to be flying coach. Carrie Fisher was in the room with George Lucas when he took the call, and after a few minutes asked if she could talk to her mother. When George Lucas handed her the phone she simply said, “Mother, I want to fly coach, will you **** off?!” and hung up.

Good stuff

In the ORIGINAL Trilogy is Force Choke an ability that can be used by Jedi?

Presumably it is, but since there are only "four" actual jedi in the original trilogy and the use of the force is limited by the special effects of the era (later explained as a diminishment in the force to establish the balance that Anakin brought to the force through the genocide of the lightsiders{wasn't just jedi he spent his time killing} and kind of adhering to the Rule of Two{he and the emperor both had their little force using loyalist groups}) i guess it would be a no based on the phrasing of your question though.

is that in the original original, or the revamped original, because i am drawing a complete blank on that one?

It's in both, it's when he enters the palace and force chokes the guards out of his way, they're Gamorreans I believe? Spelling on that is probly wrong.

Edited by styffydawg

Who was the first character to use the double bladed lightsaber after Darth Maul?

Um that machine guy from the second movie? How can a machine use the force anyway? I know he was once not a machine but still...

Oooh, one more: Name the author that killed Chewbacca off with Lucas' blessing. He's big in the Forgotten Realms series, creating the iconic character for that line.

R.A. Salvatore - the bastard, I stopped reading after that. Lucas was on drugs for ok'ing that one....

Now my turn: What was the name of the planet Han Solo got his smuggling start in? And bonus question, who was his first companion before Chewie?

Um that machine guy from the second movie? How can a machine use the force anyway? I know he was once not a machine but still...

Oooh, one more: Name the author that killed Chewbacca off with Lucas' blessing. He's big in the Forgotten Realms series, creating the iconic character for that line.

R.A. Salvatore - the bastard, I stopped reading after that. Lucas was on drugs for ok'ing that one....

Now my turn: What was the name of the planet Han Solo got his smuggling start in? And bonus question, who was his first companion before Chewie?

there was a joke short story in one of the star wars mags in the mid 90's about the only droid to ever be able to use the force. definitely not canonical. I have mixed feelings about Chewie dying, i understand that as the canon departs further into ABY (good god, look at the Legacy comics, everyone is dead and Luke is a force ghost) some of my old favorites are going to die, and even some of the new (no names for you all that haven't read any of the stuff from the last decade, i don't mind spoilers, but i completely understand not having them forced on you). So it's just kind of bittersweet for me when that happens.

As for the machine thing and using the force. Look at Vader. Dude was mostly machine, so much so that it weakened his ability to use the force, hence his inability to kill the emperor until Luke's timely arrival on the scene.

As for the machine thing and using the force. Look at Vader. Dude was mostly machine, so much so that it weakened his ability to use the force, hence his inability to kill the emperor until Luke's timely arrival on the scene.

General Grievous never used the force. He's mostly a droid so his senses are far beyond that of a normal human. This is how he is able to wield a lightsaber without killing himself.

Vader never killed the Emperor because one shot of force lightning and his cybernetics would've been fried and he would've died (as we see that's what happens to him in the end of ROTJ, i.e. he picks up the Emperor and tosses him into the pit while he's going spastic with the lightning thus frying his cybernetics).

Question: What's the name of Luke's son?

Edited by TheNevet

General Grievous never used the force. He's mostly a droid so his senses are far beyond that of a normal human. This is how he is able to wield a lightsaber without killing himself.

Vader never killed the Emperor because one shot of force lightning and his cybernetics would've been fried and he would've died (as we see that's what happens to him in the end of ROTJ, i.e. he picks up the Emperor and tosses him into the pit while he's going spastic with the lightning thus frying his cybernetics).

Question: What's the name of Luke's son?

Ben, after Obi-Wan or Old Ben