December Procrastinators Preorders In Here!

McVade

I thought he meant it was by number but not random. Like they invite 20k people which could be half a day or two full days.

You are correct. They are still inviting people in order of date pre-order access key was entered, but instead of letting in a time block (7am-1pm, 2pm-3pm, etc), they are doing quantities (20k, 50k, etc) of accounts.

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patch always made my skin burn and itch and the dreams were like disney land on crack...... Cold turkey here 20 days and counting. I have quit before and I can assure You after Your 3rd week You are good to go. I do get the urge sometimes and I did before when I quit but it only lasts like 20 or 30 seconds.

I quit cold turkey almost three years ago and was a 2 pack a day smoker. It's possible, you just have to want it.

A "Full Metal Jacket" spoof:

Scene: a bathroom. Two draftees are mopping an apparently spotless bathroom, or "head".

Private Joker: "I want to slip my tube snake into your sister..."

Private Cowboy: (after a thoughtful pause) "What'll you give me in return?"

Private Joker: (grudgingly, but optimistic) "Early game access to Star Wars: The Old Republic. And that's way better than your sister..."

Private Cowboy: (without hesitation) "Done"

that made me lol

This thread needed a speech. Also "V" would be proud of me.

Good evening. Allow me first to apologize for this interruption.

I do, like many of you, appreciate the comforts of the everyday routine, the security of the familiar, the tranquility of repetition.

I enjoy them as much as any bloke. But in the spirit of commemoration - whereby those important events of the past, usually associated with someone's death or the end of some awful bloody struggle, are celebrated with a nice holiday - I thought we could mark this December the sixteenth, a day that soon will sadly no longer be remembered, by taking some time out of our daily lives to sit down and have a little chat.

There are, of course, those who do not want us to type in the forums. I suspect even now orders are being shouted into the air and men with guns will soon be on their way. Why? Because while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this world, isn't there?

Cruelty and injustice...intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance, coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.

How did this happen?

Who's to blame?

Well certainly there are those who are more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable. But again, truth be told...if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

I know why you did it, your a procrastinator like me. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? Delays. Will the game be good enough. could we finally stop hearing about WOW. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you and in your panic, you turned to EA games and Bioware. They promised you order. They promised you peace. And all they demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent and your pre-order as soon as it was available

Last night, I sought to end that silence. Last night, I destroyed the SWTOR forums with tons of database errors and time outs to remind this world of what it has forgotten. More than four hundred years ago, a great citizen wished to embed the sixteenth of December forever in our memory. His hope was to remind the world that fairness, justice and freedom are more than words - they are perspectives. So if you've seen nothing, if the crimes of this world remain unknown to you, then I would suggest that you allow the sixteenth of December to pass unmarked. But if you see what I see, if you feel as I feel, and if you would seek as I seek...then I ask you to stand beside me, one year from tonight, outside the gates of Bioware. And together, we shall give them a sixteenth of December that shall never, ever, be forgot!

Quote from the devs 12/16/2011

Morning! We are entering into the final stretch for outstanding invites. Those of you who pre-ordered in December should be happy today - barring any major issues.

I'll update this thread as we send invites. As a reminder, we're also updating our official Twitter accounts (@SWTOR, @SWTOR_FR and @SWTOR_DE) with the invites as they sent; that'll be more up-to-the-minute than this post.

For anyone who's not yet been invited, remember to have the email address no-reply@bioware.swtor.com in your address book so it doesn't hit spam filters.

Assuming you have the SWTOR client installed, you can also periodically launch it. If you're ready to go your 'play' button will be click-able.

Wave One was sent at 8AM CST (6AM PST / 9AM EST / 2PM GMT / 3PM CET).

I do, like many of you, appreciate the comforts of the everyday routine, the security of the familiar, the tranquility of repetition.

I enjoy them as much as any bloke. But in the spirit of commemoration - whereby those important events of the past, usually associated with someone's death or the end of some awful bloody struggle, are celebrated with a nice holiday - I thought we could mark this December the sixteenth, a day that soon will sadly no longer be remembered, by taking some time out of our daily lives to sit down and have a little chat.

There are, of course, those who do not want us to type in the forums. I suspect even now orders are being shouted into the air and men with guns will soon be on their way. Why? Because while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this world, isn't there?

Cruelty and injustice...intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance, coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.

How did this happen?

Who's to blame?

Well certainly there are those who are more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable. But again, truth be told...if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

I know why you did it, your a procrastinator like me. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? Delays. Will the game be good enough. could we finally stop hearing about WOW. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you and in your panic, you turned to EA games and Bioware. They promised you order. They promised you peace. And all they demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent and your pre-order as soon as it was available

Last night, I sought to end that silence. Last night, I destroyed the SWTOR forums with tons of database errors and time outs to remind this world of what it has forgotten. More than four hundred years ago, a great citizen wished to embed the sixteenth of December forever in our memory. His hope was to remind the world that fairness, justice and freedom are more than words - they are perspectives. So if you've seen nothing, if the crimes of this world remain unknown to you, then I would suggest that you allow the sixteenth of December to pass unmarked. But if you see what I see, if you feel as I feel, and if you would seek as I seek...then I ask you to stand beside me, one year from tonight, outside the gates of Bioware. And together, we shall give them a sixteenth of December that shall never, ever, be forgot!

:eek:

How did this happen?

Who's to blame?

Huh??????