December Procrastinators Preorders In Here!

McVade

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

according to Rackjaw, they are now no longer doing by redeemption date...they are just doing by mass number invites since all that is left is December people. All of December gets in though today

I don't think thats any different than it has been. They didn't necessarily do it by dates. They just decided a certain number of people getting in, then probably rounded it to the nearest whole day. But ultimately its always been about number and not date.

according to Rackjaw, they are now no longer doing by redeemption date...they are just doing by mass number invites since all that is left is December people. All of December gets in though today

Wow, great. So now they're not going by date which means people who preordered earlier are going to get screwed. Some shmuck who preordered TODAY could get in before you now.

So not only are we the last people to get in, but NOW they decide to do a random lottery effectively screwing you even MORE in the process.

Can they **** this up any more?

I'm guessing yes.

Edited by Haliela

WRT the "number" vs "date redeemed"

He means they aren't evenly splitting up dates, they're evenly splitting up orders. The invite train moves slowly over vast peaks, but quickly through valleys of the Almighty Pre-Order Histogram (which only BW can see).

I thought he meant it was by number but not random. Like they invite 20k people which could be half a day or two full days.

A "Full Metal Jacket" spoof:

Scene: a bathroom. Two draftees are mopping an apparently spotless bathroom, or "head".

Private Joker: "I want to slip my tube snake into your sister..."

Private Cowboy: (after a thoughtful pause) "What'll you give me in return?"

Private Joker: (grudgingly, but optimistic) "Early game access to Star Wars: The Old Republic. And that's way better than your sister..."

Private Cowboy: (without hesitation) "Done"

Edited by coachgilbert