This game has more performance-issues than any MMO ever.

PalapaDalapa

I can play WoW-pvp with 80 players running and fighting around me, on ultra-graphical settings with 70 FPS and more.

But entering Civil-War WZ with just 16 people not even in sight makes my system go on its knees (=15-30 fps) while everything is set to LOW and shadows are turned off.

So dont come with the "its your system"-trollpost.

just give up while your still ahead :D

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow didnt drop my FPS in random-areas by 50% oder 90% while the CPU is only adressed by 50%,

WOW didnt cause my CPU Heat going to 100 degrees celcius just after downloading a patch,

WoW didnt lag the **** out off battlegroundservers when they integrated battlegrounds when FPS and MS are both high/low,

WoW as a didn´t make my pc reboot or hardcrash in any of the 7 years I´ve played it,

WoW didn´t came out in 2004 with a game-engine that was designed in 1994, like SWTors Hero-Engine is from 1990/2000.

Are you still using the same CPU that you had at WoW's launch? Most games will drive a CPU's usage up, if your's is getting hotter than what is considered to be a safe operating temperature, perhaps there's something else wrong.

I agree, WoW's BG's were generally very playable with the exception of Alterac Valley, which was completely unplayable for a very very long time till they sorted out whatever was causing that BG to lag so hard, many people, myself included would disconnect non-stop and I have always prided myself in building very nice systems to game on.

After 7 years, it's time to recycle that thing.. don't you think?

Actually WoW did in fact come out with a game engine that was a decade old, they used a modified version of the game engine used for the Warcraft III game.

Hero engine is actually brand new, there is obviously some bugs in SWTOR, I don't think any of us here are qualified or have enough proof to state with certainty that the game-engine is the absolute cause, nonetheless, I do think these issues will get resolved and so far, they have not proven to be so bad to me that I would quit over them.

i played wow during the patch they implement eastern plagueland and the remaining lvling quest so i'm not sure you couldn't level past 55... All i know is i played tor beta and i couldn't split stack until september, sometime the dialogue would simply shut down , the mail system ATE everything yougave it and never chewed back anything .. do you want me to keep going on TOR beta bug because i can sure as hell enumerate you plenty.

that said the wow is better is getting boring because quite frankly the game is polished in all the single player aspect up to the top notch level ... But the whole mmo part is plainly butched up . From the commendation to the no loot lulz operation passing right by the instanced pvp lagfest where alderaan cannon simply make your computer stutter ( don't act like it's not happening and your sound simply cut out because they cannot use multi channel) .

Engine is incapable of riding a multi-core cpu let alone handling 2.0 sound efficiently ...

I believe this wall of text has more bugs than SWTOR atm

WHy don't you fix your own bugs before you complaint about someone elses.

First time in customer-forums?

There´s the 8th re-incarnation of the "Horrid FPS"-Thread with people having issues on much stronger rigs than mine. It´s not just "me" having fps / performance / stabiliy problems.

Why don't you actually go and get a real count of indivilual that has problems. Look at this thread it has 5 pages and going and yet it only a couple of people posting.

So a thread with a 100 pages but only the same handful posting is still only a handful.

I believe this wall of text has more bugs than SWTOR atm

WHy don't you fix your own bugs before you complaint about someone elses.

the amount of people who have problem in the customer support is a good indication this game will be a ghost town come february .... Most of us have already canceled and when the fanboy find out there is only fanboy left on the 21th they will complain they wastes 14.99 and cancel as well. Keep ignoring issue like a good lap dog.

the amount of people who have problem in the customer support is a good indication this game will be a ghost town come february .... Most of us have already canceled and when the fanboy find out there is only fanboy left on the 21th they will complain they wastes 14.99 and cancel as well. Keep ignoring issue like a good lap dog.

Dude, I glade you cancel, I am not a "fanboy" I am not trying to keep you playing this game.

I actually want people like you to jsut leave and never come back

Please just go, go, and never come back

I won't miss you old yeller

First time in customer-forums?

There´s the 8th re-incarnation of the "Horrid FPS"-Thread with people having issues on much stronger rigs than mine. It´s not just "me" having fps / performance / stabiliy problems.

Nope.

Yes I know, but you are not listening, I dont think you’re stupid so one must assume that you’re deliberately misunderstanding whats being said to you, not everyone has an issue, why can you not accept that.

I am sorry you are having issues with running the game but thats no reason to be carrying on the way you are.

Nope.

Yes I know, but you are not listening, I dont think you’re stupid so one must assume that you’re deliberately misunderstanding whats being said to you, not everyone has an issue, why can you not accept that.

I am sorry you are having issues with running the game but thats no reason to be carrying on the way you are.

So it's alright to have a multiplayer game that only works for a handful people. I hope they implement bots for mmorpg because your social experience will be greatly diminished if not.

Yeah I was one of those poor souls at launch for WoW. Stuck in the looting position for hours until the mass resets. Occasional rollbacks, broken quests, no pvp, no dungeon finder, summons, respectable loot and last but not least one end game instance which was buggy as all hell. Yeah few remember that...:rolleyes:

LOL, I remember that copper node outside of Ironforge kept me stuck in a bent over position, even after logging out and restarting the game.

Luckily there were wolves nearby that could come and kill me.

It (the copper node being bugged) was like that for about a month.

Edited by Fraxture

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T,

XFX HD6870 Dual Fan,

8 GigByte DDR Ram.

Thats enough for you hardware troll to stop, really.

SOrry, but playing wow-warzons and BF3 multiplayer with constant 70FPS and more clearly indicated this game has severe performance-issues.

Intel Core Duo E7500

GeForce 9800

4GB Ram

Run like a charm 60 fps.

(High settings - medium in reality)

Honey, the problem's in your head. Also Radeons have compatibility issues if drivers are old.

Update drivers, pumpkin.

So it's alright to have a multiplayer game that only works for a handful people. I hope they implement bots for mmorpg because your social experience will be greatly diminished if not.

Only a handful where are you getting these numbers? Where are the excel spreadsheet with your magical fact? Do you ahve all the people that can play SWTOR in one room?

I go on my server which is alway full, the most are playing fine and LFG because my server already has alot of level 50s....

So maybe all the people that are able to play are from my server?

This OP has more performance issues that any OP ever.

(WAR online had more issues than any game I remember.)

Even though the framerate could be better the engine is STABLE. A stable engine is key to longevity.)

Edited by Arkerus

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T,

XFX HD6870 Dual Fan,

8 GigByte DDR Ram.

Thats enough for you hardware troll to stop, really.

SOrry, but playing wow-warzons and BF3 multiplayer with constant 70FPS and more clearly indicated this game has severe performance-issues.

If you're getting bad performance on that rig then it's something you're doing. I run full out on this and I have over 60FPS and no issues whatsoever.

AMD 965 Black X 4

12 GB Ram

HD 5700 series in Crossfire

Cable Connection

No lag even in Warzones...

Why don't you actually go and get a real count of indivilual that has problems. Look at this thread it has 5 pages and going and yet it only a couple of people posting.

So a thread with a 100 pages but only the same handful posting is still only a handful.

You know, Im currently in a pvp guild. Everyone there can play SWTOR outside of Warzones including the occasional raids on world-bosses with more 30 people) with 50-100 fps depending on his individual rig.

But out off the 31 people in the guild,9 (including me and my best friend) have severe FPS-drops in warzones (and warzones only), with alderaan being UNPLAYABLE. Add this to server-laggs in warzones and here you are.

Thats not representiv, I´m aware of that. But there are already enough players experience fps-issues partly or totally in this game, not only the one who post in this "cry-threads" on the forums.

Btw, if i wouldnt play warzones, I wouldn´t notice a problem at all, and there are MANY players who simply dont care for pvp and never set foot in a warzone.

I´ve been with WoW from the first day, joined Warhammer, Aion and Rift within release or shortly after, but...

never ever have I read that many complains about fps/ rig-stability, overall-performance or insufficient hardware where one is much above average system requirements in any MMO-forums the way I do now in SWTOR.

This clearly sends a message to the devs (and the hero-engine based on an 1999/200*-design, too).

Sorry for the bad english-

I seriously doubt you were with WOW since day one. If you had been you would NOT be making the above statement. The first 6 weeks were a serious nightmare, the first week you were extremely lucky to even be able to play for extended periods.

As someone whose been through 4 different MMO launches this being my 5th this has to be the smoothest I ever seen.

I´ve been with WoW from the first day, joined Warhammer, Aion and Rift within release or shortly after, but...

never ever have I read that many complains about fps/ rig-stability, overall-performance or insufficient hardware where one is much above average system requirements in any MMO-forums the way I do now in SWTOR.

This clearly sends a message to the devs (and the hero-engine based on an 1999/200*-design, too).

Sorry for the bad english-

I remember the launch of WoW, the forum was filled with whine about how cartoon looking and out of date the graphics were and about how the game was destined to fail......

Warhammer......I LOVED Warhammer, but it was a slide show in RvR even on a beast of a rig. Which is a shame as the RvR was awesome when it worked.

Aion and Rift never interested me, fantasy MMO's were all starting to taste like Chicken even then.

ToR runs great on my years out of date Athlon x2 system, maybe you should get someone to look at yours who knows what they are doing.

I played vanilla WoW on a single core system that had like 512 mb of ram and a 64mb graphics card! Woooooo!!! I eventually upgraded the machine to a 128 mb radeon card though. My framerates jumped from 20-30 to 40+! Edited by Kabloosh

Thousands of users are experiencing hardware/driver related stability/performance issues.

Hundreds of thousands of users are running the game with no problems at all...

So the code is borked?

Really?

Driz

Yes no doubt.

Honey, the problem's in your head. Also Radeons have compatibility issues if drivers are old.

Update drivers, pumpkin.

AMD Radeon Drivers is 12.1 (newest),

Motherboard-, Sound-, Net-/Rooter-Drivers have been updating the week before christmas.

So pls, stop this fanboy-stuff.