Front page versus truth

Thoged

so logging into the website i noticed an announcement on the front page of:

Early Game Access Has Begun

Fans who have pre-ordered STAR WARS: The Old Republic can now begin playing the game!

Now being someone who didn't have the money for the game until Christmas bonus's went out last week i realized i wouldn't be getting into the head start until close to the 20th if at all. Fine, no problem. My question here is, does anyone else feel this statement by the company in charge of the game/site leads to false advertisement?

so logging into the website i noticed an announcement on the front page of:

Early Game Access Has Begun

Fans who have pre-ordered STAR WARS: The Old Republic can now begin playing the game!

Now being someone who didn't have the money for the game until Christmas bonus's went out last week i realized i wouldn't be getting into the head start until close to the 20th if at all. Fine, no problem. My question here is, does anyone else feel this statement by the company in charge of the game/site leads to false advertisement?

you need to learn to read or at least be able to copy text properly:

http://www.swtor.com/early-access

Customers who pre-order Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ will be able to play the game before the official launch. “Early Game Access” is the period of time before the official game launch when pre-order customers may access the game. Early Game Access may begin as early as December 13, 2011, 7:00AM EST (Pacific: December 13th, 4:00AM PST; European: December 13th, 12:00PM GMT, 1:00PM CET). The length of your Early Game Access depends on the date and order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code at the Code Redemption Center. See the FAQ for more details.

Edited by catherder

You left out the ever important asterisk.

Problem is on the front page....show me where the asterisk is. They basically state EVERYONE is able to log in right now. If they did have an asterisk and some form of caution on the front page preventing confusion for those that don't click the link I could forgive this. They do not.

you need to learn to read or at least be able to copy text properly:

http://www.swtor.com/early-access

Customers who pre-order Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ will be able to play the game before the official launch. “Early Game Access” is the period of time before the official game launch when pre-order customers may access the game. Early Game Access may begin as early as December 13, 2011, 7:00AM EST (Pacific: December 13th, 4:00AM PST; European: December 13th, 12:00PM GMT, 1:00PM CET). The length of your Early Game Access depends on the date and order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code at the Code Redemption Center. See the FAQ for more details.

Again. That is not on the front page. It is in the link that you click on that takes you away from the front page. Are you sure YOU know how to read?

You gotta read the little text below aswell! Its like, imagine a hotdogstand, with a sign:

I will give you a hotdog

if you give me 8 dollars

// I do not know the price of a hotdog, but in norway, its about that price.

Wow. In NY, it's between 4-6 bucks for one. In Alabama, where I live, it's like ... $0.80 :p

Problem is on the front page....show me where the asterisk is. They basically state EVERYONE is able to log in right now. If they did have an asterisk and some form of caution on the front page preventing confusion for those that don't click the link I could forgive this. They do not.

Where do you see the word 'everyone'? I see the word 'begin', which has enough connotations to make it mean any number of things. I think that you are reading what you want to read and that you already have your mind made up about what you think.