[POLL] Will you continue to subscribe?

Vitiatix

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will probably resubscribe. I may not do so immediately with college starting up again and I don't want to spend money if I won't have the time to play. I don't really mind the kill X enemies, kill person X, or fetch this item, those quests don't seem that different from the quests in the single player RPGs I've played. From what little I've seen of the story lines I've played they seem interesting (and I primarily play any sort of RPG game for the story).

I really like that they have game maintenance so often, it makes me feel like my money would actually be going to support/improve the game.

Long term who can say. If they handle this like Galaxies (making Jedi become a starting class etc) then I'll probably leave. It will really depend on how they handle things like Legacy and long term play with a character (I like The Elder Scrolls system of allowing a character to continue being played even after max level and MQ complete).

Things they could do that would make me stay: give greater flexibility to character styles/combat. For example eliminate advanced class ability weapon restrictions so there can be more weapon variety (so not every Shadow uses double bladed sabers etc.) or allow armor crafting abilities to adjust a piece of armor's stats to fit your armor abilities (respec medium to be light armor if you really like the look etc).

Got 2 months left but ability delay is killing pvp to a level that is unacceptable......

Sniper ambush skill doesnt work like 60% of the time wich is my opener anda very importand one i must say.

Simple skills that i press dont go off.....its making my expirience misareble in pvp.

So once again it seems my choice of a triple A mmo seems a wrong one.

If they would fix this as a number 1 priority this might change, but its just a bug that went troug beta's...and still isnt fixed lol -_-

I had realy high hope for Bioware and altough some parts of this game are fantastic the bugs currently ingame are so gamebreaking that i just logout more and more out of frustration instead of having fun.

Also living in the netherlands and working 2 shifts the maintanance and patches that bioware puch trough my playtime with 6 to 8 hours of downtime on my free time is another -10 from me.

Not going to start a USA versus EU slagfest, but i feel like iam a second rank costumer when i pay even more then our USA brothers for this game.

Sad story if you ask me, when you wanne go head to head versus Blizzard you need to play your cards perfectly :)

Bioware versus Blizzard is already set, Blizzard kicks Bioware's *** down the gutter and when Arenanet unleashes Guild wars 2 SWTOR drops like Aion / Warhammer did.

All the own faulth as they had a great momentum when launching SWTOR.

Not much will remain when GW2 / Archage / Titan are heading out for release.

So we got ourselves a new Aion / Warhammer / SWTOR failure soon.

There sure is a lot of whiners around on the forum, let's hope many will move on after the first free month is over.

I have not heard of anyone who is actually not going to sub. I mean I see the troll posts, but don't actually know anyone out of the 180+ people in my guild who is considering playing something else.

There sure is a lot of whiners around on the forum, let's hope many will move on after the first free month is over.

I have not heard of anyone who is actually not going to sub. I mean I see the troll posts, but don't actually know anyone out of the 180+ people in my guild who is considering playing something else.

Free month is over for about a week. ;)

No, not at the moment. After my additional month runs out I will make a break and wait how the game improves.

World is too static to enjoy it, pvp content is too small and the replayability is quiete limited since you do most quests again in the similar order.

Edited by BobaFurz

Way more cancels than subscribes. History repeats itself. Welcome to WAR, Aion, AoC and Rift.

You should count again.

Edit:

I counted up until this comment was made, on page 18. I have three catagories; Staying, Leaving, and Don't Know.

Don't Know includes all the people who were unsure based apon possible future fixes. If the person leaned toward leaving, I put them in the Leaving catagory so as not to be accused of weighing my numbers. Since I'm staying, I felt it right to err on the side of those who are leaving.

Second, I did not count more than one person per post, no matter how many friends/relatives/pets/or extinct species you have playing with you. Here are the numbers...

STAYING: 88

LEAVING: 48

UNSURE: 16

First, the statement that there are more unsubscribers than subscribers is provably false.

Second; concerning the "unsure" catagory. MOST entries were saying "until X gets fixed, or Y gets implimented...", many of the issues expressed as possible reasons to quit are on the devs list of things to do.

While the final 10 or so pages may skew the numbers in one way or another, this is a fairly large sample of the responses contained within this thread.

If SW:TOR was a Politician, it would be elected with amazing numbers. If it was a baseball player it would be in the hall of fame. If its a video game (which it is) it SEEMS to have enough people interested to sustain it.

Then again, I've never trusted polls.

Edited by Phenomolee

Bioware versus Blizzard is already set, Blizzard kicks Bioware's *** down the gutter and when Arenanet unleashes Guild wars 2 SWTOR drops like Aion / Warhammer did.

Oh your needn't worry about BioWare landing in the gutter any time soon. I think you're forgetting Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age 3.

If $15 means that much to you, then honestly, you need to stop playing immediately!

But @$15 a month, you spend $180.00 annually with this type of subscription. I spend that much a month on going out to eat.

So yes, I will continue to pay even if I dont play but once or twice a week.