Legacy increases EXP confirm?

Darkulous

I'm level 2 Legacy and I recently started leveling a new toon with a friend. My friend has not unlocked Legacy yet. We both started our toons level 1 0exp. We've done the same quests and killed the same monsters side by side. We're level 7 now but I've slowly been pulling away from my friend. I have about 5000 more exp than him. Everytime I ask in General Chat people say there is no exp increase with Legacy, but is there?

I'm level 2 Legacy and I recently started leveling a new toon with a friend. My friend has not unlocked Legacy yet. We both started our toons level 1 0exp. We've done the same quests and killed the same monsters side by side. We're level 7 now but I've slowly been pulling away from my friend. I have about 5000 more exp than him. Everytime I ask in General Chat people say there is no exp increase with Legacy, but is there?

No. There are no legacy level features in game yet besides the last name and the experience bar.

I suppose anything is possible. At this point we know very very little about the Legacy System. We know it includes a Surname and Legacy XP pool that all your characters on that server contribute to. And we know that in the future they plan to add more to this system.

But why am I outpacing his Exp? We've been side by side for all the quests and kills. The only other thing i can think of is a difference in Class quest exp rewards? I'm a Sith Warrior and he's a Inq. But we've still completed the same amount of Class quests. Edited by Darkulous

The problem is different classes get different XP rewards for quests. Every quest (except space missions). Even the side quests.

The next time you complete a side quest together with your friend and the little summary box pops up at the end (showing your XP earned, credits awarded, social points earned, affection earned, etc), compare your XP rewards. You'll see the game is rewarding different amounts for each of you almost every time.

It has nothing to do with legacy rewards and everything to do with the class you're each playing.

My friend and I try to ease this problem by having the player who is behind logging off in a rest zone while the player who is ahead in XP does not. It helps to keep our XP totals closer together in the long run.

Edited by Apax

The problem is different classes get different XP rewards for quests. Every quest. Even the side quests.

The next time you complete a side quest together with your friend and the little summary box pops up at the end (showing your XP earned, credits awarded, social points earned, affection earned, etc), compare your XP rewards. You'll see they're different amounts for each of you almost every time.

It has nothing to do with legacy rewards and everything to do with the class you're each playing.

Interesting, I didn't really consider that because I assumed rewards for a quest would be the same across the board.

I'll definately check on that next time.

Edited by Darkulous

This may be a bit of a spoiler, but at the end of a certain Companion's quest chain, he tells me that he will dedicate himself to my Legacy and that he would train those that came after me.

I don't know if that was implying a feature or not. I seem to remember legacy being capitalized, which was weird.

Malavai Quinn

Interesting, I didn't really consider that because I assumed rewards for a quest would be the same across the board.

I'll definately check on that next time.

I'm assuming this is done because the developers expect players to earn X amount of XP through quest rewards on any given planet, and since the number of class quests differs from class to class on any given planet, they make up the difference by altering the amount of XP rewarded on side quests depending on what your class is.

That's the only rational reasoning I can come up with for what is otherwise an odd setup.

Despite us being grouped together 100% of the time whenever we play, who is ahead (XP wise) in my group changes from one day to the next because of this (that was before we started using rest XP to level things out).

Edited by Apax

But why am I outpacing his Exp? We've been side by side for all the quests and kills. The only other thing i can think of is a difference in Class quest exp rewards? I'm a Sith Warrior and he's a Inq. But we've still completed the same amount of Class quests.

Do you always log out in the exact same spot? If you log out in a cantina and him outside, you would have rested XP the next time you log in.