Dude pushing for first 50.

Mitchyslick

Dont be mad because he's:

Playing and you're not.

Leveling faster than you ever will.

Will hit 50 at the same time as his guildmates and hundreds of others.

Will complete the star wars journey before you.

Noobs be crying. Experience the journey? Hes doing it, faster than you.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing and you're not.

Sure bro 6 levels behind a guild that has done ZERO pvp QQ

Playing and you're not.

agreed, lots of jealousy in this thread.

It's not how I plan to play since I prefer the leveling up far more in an mmo than endgame, but I understand that not everyone is the same as me. More should realise that.

I wish the guy the best of luck and I hope he enjoys every single moment of it. There is no reason whatsoever for all the hate in this thread. We all play the way we ourselves prefer.

I won't look at the stream though, way too many spoiler alerts going off in my head to even consider taking a peek! :p

well I feel better, he is trying his best and is only 27. Not bad. The average player from yesterday is prolly sub 20 still.....

Going at a medium pace I got to 13 - bear in mind I listened to all voice overs and I was playing from 3pm till about 2am (with breaks).

I never understood the fascination with being the first to get to Max lvl.

You basically skip over everything this game has to offer, just to be able to say you were the first there.

But then what? There's no one at that level to do raids with, there's no one to PvP with or against (unless you just go searching through planets to kill lowbies).

It's like if you and a group of 20 people all get together and decide to go on a hike through a beautiful national park... and the ultimate goal is to walk to the other side of the park where you'll all make a big lunch, play volleyball, have water balloon fights, etc...

But once everyone starts walking, instead of staying with the group at a normal pace, taking in everything the park has to offer in terms of foliage and wildlife.... you go into a full sprint. You ignore whatever's in your way, if you see that the trail kinda winds around, you just barrel through the woods to cut off a few minutes from your time.

Then after all that sprinting and shortcutting, you get to the end where you see grills, a volleyball net, and water balloons... but no one there to play with you. Then you whine about it to everyone who cares (which is nobody).

You're just a sad sad man.

There are other streams here - http://www.twitch.tv/directory/Star%20Wars:%20The%20Old%20Republic - with higher level folks. Right now there are only 33 streams because it's 4:30 in the morning. This guy won't be world-first. Look for SammyTV or BammyTV when goes back online because he was Lvl 38 this morning when I went to bed.

He'll be world-first 50 way ahead of this guy.

Edited by xioix

I

You basically skip over everything this game has to offer, just to be able to say you were the first there.

No, you both do the same quests, you both gain the same amount of xp. He just does it efficiently and competently. WHile you run around looking at rocks and checking the forums.

There's definitely no envy at all here. I would not play that way, rush to 50, skipping all the voice overs and the great story with spacebar, in a game where the story is the major selling point. I could do it, I have no important work planned (self employed) until after xmas, but I just don't want it. It would feel like ordering a good burger, but removing everything that is inside and just eating the bread to me.

There's definitely no envy at all here. I would not play that way, rush to 50, skipping all the voice overs and the great story with spacebar, in a game where the story is the major selling point. I could do it, I have no important work planned (self employed) until after xmas, but I just don't want it. It would feel like ordering a good burger, but removing everything that is inside and just eating the bread to me.

Same, why rush when there's such a great story line for each class.

But at the same time that's what's great about MMO's and SWTOR in particular because you can play it your way. Want to power level? you can do that. Want to enjoy the story line? Yeah SWTOR has that in spades.

Interesting feat getting to 50 first, yeah but not all that intriguing since, as others have said, there's limited number of players to compete against.

For those saying 'why rush ?'

Perhaps he was in on beta from the start and therefore has already seen most of the game, watched most of the clips, ran most of the flashpoints etc.

Regardless, you pay for a game and play it how you want. A good few years ago I bought my youngest a big ride in toy car. Got it out of the huge box xmas morning and he had a whale of a time - playing inside the box, totally ignored the car!

Each to his own.