Video demonstrating what poor responsiveness is...

inseeisyou

My point is you have people enraged over 0.2 seconds delay on their ability actual lag like because it prevents them from interrupting an ability or killing someone before they can do something like heal.

This is an actual BUILT INTO THE GAME MECHANIC. The damage is not applied until the animation is finished playing. It has NOTHING to do with computer or lag or latency or anything else.

My point is you have people enraged over 0.2 seconds delay on their ability actual lag like because it prevents them from interrupting an ability or killing someone before they can do something like heal.

This is an actual BUILT INTO THE GAME MECHANIC. The damage is not applied until the animation is finished playing. It has NOTHING to do with computer or lag or latency or anything else.

This is the truth here. Most of the time it is a non-issue but as a healer I've seen people die because my heal went off .2 seconds late or becuase I had to run out of an AOE and it canceled my channeled heal even though the meter was at 2.5/2.5 and starting to fade away. You dont acutally seem to cast the ability until after your animation is done, even if the animation is longer than the channel.

Interesting, my lightning drain doesn't kick off until the end of whatever cast animation finishes, but I can quite clearly see the damage output from it ticking off.

That is interesting. My abilities seem to do the exact opposite. They don't tick off any damage or healing until AFTER the animation. What class are you playing? Perhaps it's different for certain classes.

That is interesting. My abilities seem to do the exact opposite. They don't tick off any damage or healing until AFTER the animation. What class are you playing? Perhaps it's different for certain classes.

Sith Inquisitor / Sorceror. Lightning Drain is the only ability I seem to have a consistent issue with, and as I said, appears to be graphical and does not seem to affect actual combat. I also have issues transitioning from Static Barrier to Force Storm sometimes, I do seem to have to wait on the animation, however, the animation and the global cooldown are close enough that its hard for me to tell whih I'm actually waiting on. Overall it doesn't bother me much, I will adjust much like I've always adjusted to latency in any other mmo.

Hey, everybody! We already have a great discussion thread dedicated to talking about this topic. If you'd like to share your thoughts, you'll find the discussion thread here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=141027

We're going to close this thread and ask that this discussion continue in the existing thread, so we can keep the conversation a little better consolidated. Thank you!