SWTOR Deadline

Tycoon

In a week and 5 days.

At that point, we will find out how many are going to stay and who will leave. If enough people dont resub, swtor will suffer. The gaming community will get it's hands on how many canceled their subscriptions and it will become headlines.

I have seen this happend to Warhammer. At launch, warhammer had bugs, imbalance issues, and poor mechanics. As a result it suffered the worst drop in cancellations in MMO history. But some forget, warhammer actually turned out to be a pretty cool game. I had alot of enjoyment out of warhammer and so did those who stayed. Mythic just couldnt keep up with the demands of players and their past failures.

Now, put away your prejustice. Im not canceling my subscription or raging how bad SWTOR is. Im just sharing you with what i have seen and my opinion of the future. Im going to continue to play swtor and enjoy it.

Edited by Tycoon

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except those numbers won't come out for months. Not to mention, not every single person bought the game on the 20th. Some waited a few days and some only bought it a few days ago.

Some will buy it after the "deadline".

Companies don't base numbers off of subs after 1 month. They do it over quarters. Your assumptions are meaningless.

Except those numbers won't come out for months. Not to mention, not every single person bought the game on the 20th. Some waited a few days and some only bought it a few days ago.

Companies don't base numbers off of subs after 1 month. They do it over quarters. Your assumptions are meaningless.

While I agree they don't, the majority pre-ordered (at least 1 million people), if suddenly 500,000 of those people leave, they'll feel it and EA shareholders will flip balls.

It isnt meaningless. Companies still keep records how many subscribe and those who cancel. This usually leaks out to the media, and editors dont wait for quarters to post their findings.

I do admit. My assumtion is flawed. But at some point, those who have canceled already will run out of time. I dont know about you, but my subscription doesnt last for an entire quarter.

Edited by Tycoon

Lots of people bought 3 and 6 month game cards when they bought the game, anticipating they would want to play that long.

Im sure alot of people have done that. But im sure the adverage person just bought a month subscription.

Edited by Tycoon

ill be getting 1 more month for sure, just to finish my single player game...havent hit 50 yet. dunno if ill sub after that, dont really see the point.

the game just didnt bring enough to the table for me (not talking endgame) =/

This game is VERY family-friendly.

I play with my wife, her brother, my daughter, and my son. We are enjoying it more than we ever did World of Warcraft.

Many of the "hardcore players" who have no life beyond sitting in front of their PC 24 hours a day will quit, about a third of them already have. Another third will shortly, I am sure.

This is what comes of having no patience.

We are taking our time, exploring all aspects of the game, re-running heroics and space missions daily, helping each other with crew skills and other heroics we pick up.

The game will be better off without those that complain at the drop of a hat.

I started on the 13thdec, have around 30 players on my friends list, and of those 30 only one has stopped logging in, the rest are still playing and seem to still love the game, even the ones at 50.

But i have been through many failed launchs, including warhammer which i quite enjoyed until i got into the upper levels and endgame in it.

No doubt quite afew will leave after free month, alot of people hop around mmo's these days, stay for first month or two then quit, but not before they tell friends and troll whatever game they're leaving, which seems to cause a mass exodus, other things factor into it aswell, but in short, just as hyping a game up can get alot of people to try it out, it can also destroy it if it turns negative. Just my opinion though, not saying this is fact.

However, i think ToR will be around for quite some time, don't personally think it'll crash, some will leave but i think many will stay. People playing seem happy with it, it's only when you come here to general forums that you see alot of negative threads.

I am not going to throw out the traditional line "it's only been out xxx weeks", but i do enjoy the game, even on my 2nd playthrough, so instead I'll just say that i understand things take time to fix and i am here for the long haul.

It's hard to say what others will do.

Edited by TheFugitive

This game is VERY family-friendly.

I play with my wife, her brother, my daughter, and my son. We are enjoying it more than we ever did World of Warcraft.

Many of the "hardcore players" who have no life beyond sitting in front of their PC 24 hours a day will quit, about a third of them already have. Another third will shortly, I am sure.

This is what comes of having no patience.

We are taking our time, exploring all aspects of the game, re-running heroics and space missions daily, helping each other with crew skills and other heroics we pick up.

The game will be better off without those that complain at the drop of a hat.

Agreed, I play with my brother and RL friends, although they didn't join until a couple of weeks after Xmas (I was in early access) it's been great fun.

The problem is a lot of the "hardcore" players are your typical 1% crowd....dailies and dailies only once they hit max level, forgetting they also have:

Legacy xp to earn

Lots of codex entries unfinished

Datacrons to find

Titles to earn

Raids to run

Crafting to do

7 other stories to complete

Anyone that hits 50 and claims to have completed the game is an out and out liar, not finished by a long way.

Im sure alot of people have done that. But im sure the adverage person just bought a month subscription.

I bought a 60 day time card only because it's apparently the lowest denomination they sell and I'll be damned if they get my credit card info. I'm sure others did the same. The security of my personal finances is more important than buying a couple months time I may not use.

Edited by Zorvan

Agreed, I play with my brother and RL friends, although they didn't join until a couple of weeks after Xmas (I was in early access) it's been great fun.

The problem is a lot of the "hardcore" players are your typical 1% crowd....dailies and dailies only once they hit max level, forgetting they also have:

Legacy xp to earn

Lots of codex entries unfinished

Datacrons to find

Titles to earn

Raids to run

Crafting to do

7 other stories to complete

Anyone that hits 50 and claims to have completed the game is an out and out liar, not finished by a long way.

Legacy that means nothing currently

A codex where 150 or so entries are bugged

75% + of titles are bugged or have been removed

Raids are bugged

Crafting is meaningless because the high end gear doesn't compare to gear available in other ways

and 7 story which are mostly more go to x kill y get gear that you won't wear because you're modding up that orange piece you got 10 levels ago.

So yeah, why would I pay 15 dollars a month to replay a game 7 times?

Legacy that means nothing currently

A codex where 150 or so entries are bugged

75% + of titles are bugged or have been removed

Raids are bugged

Crafting is meaningless because the high end gear doesn't compare to gear available in other ways

and 7 story which are mostly more go to x kill y get gear that you won't wear because you're modding up that orange piece you got 10 levels ago.

Not to mention that 3/4 of those other stories content is redoing the same stuff you did on the first run through. You redo the same sidequests, the same heroics, etc., etc., to get a few new paragraphs of story.

Edited by Zorvan

Class stories are unique, there you go. But i doubt you could tell the difference, because i guess a Bounty Hunter story and Sith inquistor story are exactly to you. Excuse while a ROFL.

Not to mention that 3/4 of those other stories content is redoing the same stuff you did on the first run through. You redo the same sidequests, the same heroics, etc., etc., to get a few new paragraphs of story.

1/4 more story then any other MMO

I can't wait.

You wanna know why?

Because then I will not have to wade thru tons of pointless "Hate the game" rage quit threads and Doomsayer "Games gonna fail" BS.

I cannot wait for all of you to be gone. Then maybe we will have a decent community once all the WOW fanboi's and hater's have gone back to WOW or where ever they came from.

Like the idiot that just posted below me.

Edited by Kazz

I had my subscription info entered, but removed it when I lost 13k credits to a known bug, and the customer service response was "accept responsibility for your actions, don't do it again"

REALLY?

So I put in another ticket using smaller words this time, and got a different response.

"We've forwarded your issue on to someone else, etc etc."

The game blocking bugs, and horrible UI are holding this game back.

Like most MMO's they release alpha/beta and ask us to pay while they fix things.

I think the game has incredible potential, but they got $79.99 of my money and I'll be damned if they take me for another $14.99.

How's that for taking responsibility for YOUR bugs Bioware...

I can't wait.

You wanna know why?

Because then I will not have to wade thru tons of pointless "Hate the game" rage quit threads and Doomsayer "Games gonna fail" BS.

I cannot wait for all of you to be gone. Then maybe we will have a decent community once all the WOW fanboi's and hater's have gone back to WOW or where ever they came from.

^^^THIS!^^^ I am with you 100%. I really don't care if someone leaves if they are really that unhappy. I only care that I will be still playing! ;)

I can't wait.

You wanna know why?

don't get your hopes up, im sure atleast half of them will keep playing.

most of them probably dont even hate the game, they just like to troll.