Next wave of invites (if everyone or near everyone isnt invited) more cancellations

cylak

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cancel, at least I will move up one in the que lol....

seriously tho, there has been little to no mis leading. In every single post Bioware has stated what their plan was and that there should be UP TO 5 days! Tomorrow is day 2 of 6....take a freaking chill pill.

Two of seven, sir. Two of seven.

But other than that - QFFT (quote for £$%$ing truth)

Shouldn't gloat but it's been really enjoyable playing in the first wave. All the peeps are nice, kind and helpful to one another - a real group spirit.

I dread the onslaught of the whiners in this post who are threatening to cancel, quit, etc. You lot are the types of moaning, selfish, me first clowns who make playing a decent MMO absolute hell.

See you on the dark side.

Yea I fear this too....I mean sure I will be really happy to play but...I mean...I am not THAT anxious lol....I would love to get in today/tomorrow but yea....

Cancel, at least I will move up one in the que lol....

seriously tho, there has been little to no mis leading. In every single post Bioware has stated what their plan was and that there should be UP TO 5 days! Tomorrow is day 2 of 6....take a freaking chill pill.

people only read what they want to read

If I am in line at a movie theatre. And you are behind me. Doesnt it make logical sense that I would get to pick a better seat than you? Or should we all stand at the back of the theatre until the entire audience is let in and waiting at the back then scramble for a seat?

Yes we all paid the same ammount of money for the ticket, but I got in line before you. Sucks to be you mate.

I'm not upset about not getting an invite yet, but I'm more irritated by these analogies being thrown around... you have it wrong... it's like buying a ticket for a movie you've been waiting years for... and the people in front of you get to see the movie at that showing and you have to wait for the next day.... not choosing a seat... that's not the same.

Or when people use waiting on a grocery store line as an analogy... total BS. Let's say you and the person in front of you both buy big delicious cookies... you both leave and someone says "STOP!"... you, sir (the person in front of you), can eat your cookie... but YOU (the person behind him) must watch him and wait until he is done... whenever that may be... but you can complain about it ad nauseum... actually the more you do it the more the cookie will trend on Twitter so by all means complain

So my point... these people have a right to be pissed... and kudos to BioWare for getting people talking about SWTOR... and everyone who says they're cancelling are so full of crap... you'll suck it up and not give a damn about the people behind you once you get in.

Edited by RLWelch

I like the irony in these post.

They preordered so they could play 5 days before everyone else and think this is OK.

But when someone gets 1/2 days more than them suddenly it is an unfair advantage and the end of the world.

Yes, I completely agree.

There is only one thing though: people who preordered payed for up to 5 days of game time. I know that techinically bioware could allow people in just 1 day before launch and still be legally fine, but this is not good customer service.

Personally, I just payed 10 bucks for preorder as I bought the box from Gamestop and did not have to pay the whole amount. If i am treated fairly, meaning I have access 5-4 days before launch, I'll go back to the store and purchase the game. Otherwise I will keep playing other games.

a lot of people are acting like children on here. The fact that they are even giving early access is a treat not a right. It's a game people. Although it is a much anticipated and fun game, it is still just a game. The mentality displayed here conjures up images of selfish little meme's with spoiled behavior. It really feels like we inherited the WoW tools in this MMO already. I can see it is going to be hard to find a mature and intelligent guild in this game.

If I am in line at a movie theatre. And you are behind me. Doesnt it make logical sense that I would get to pick a better seat than you? Or should we all stand at the back of the theatre until the entire audience is let in and waiting at the back then scramble for a seat?

Yes we all paid the same ammount of money for the ticket, but I got in line before you. Sucks to be you mate.

Thank you.

So you want to play the game but because you can't play it first you won't play at all? I could take that if it was a woman we were talking about but with my mmo I don't give a damn if someones been there before :rolleyes:

But it was such a bad movie.. In comparison to everything else.. ok well not everything else.. the two after it were kinda crappy too. But I will admit the lightsaber duels were good.

episode 2 was awesome and episode 3 pwnt for the record.

episode 1 wasnt nearly as bad as everyone says it is either, i think you're just all mad because darth vader wasnt in it til the end ;D

I'm not upset about not getting an invite yet, but I'm more irritated by these analogies being thrown around... you have it wrong... it's like buying a ticket for a movie you've been waiting years for... and the people in front of you get to see the movie at that showing and you have to wait for the next day.... not choosing a seat... that's not the same.

Or when people use waiting on a grocery store line as an analogy... total BS. Let's say you and the person in front of you both buy big delicious cookies... you both leave and someone says "STOP!"... you, sir (the person in front of you), can eat your cookie... but YOU (the person behind him) must watch him and wait until he is done... whenever that may be... but you can complain about it ad nauseum... actually the more you do it the more the cookie will trend on Twitter so by all means complain

So my point... these people have a right to be pissed... and kudos to BioWare for getting people talking about SWTOR... and everyone who says they're cancelling are so full of crap... you'll suck it up and not give a damn about the people behind you once you get in.

No its exactly the same mate...exactly the same.

If you cant get into the first showing of the movie...you have to wait till everyone gets out and go to the next showing right? Its not the movie theaters job to make sure you get in THAT show, they just said you could get in sometime that day.

*edit relatively, of course theatres dont sell day tickets but you get my drift, if not, think harder.

Edited by Gilgamec

YAY another Nov/Dec 11 that thinks they should get in the same time as people that ordered months ago, even though they said DAY ONE early access was going to be based on when you entered your code. This isn't a last minute change.

I hope all the people threatening to rage cancel follow through. If you're raging this much over a video game, I'd hate to see how you deal with actual adversity.

Thank you.

while i agree with you, you would really have to compare it to buying tickets for your movie then you watching the FIRST showing then that other guy watching the SECOND showing while you get to watch the second showing too free of charge. In fact just about any comparison that has been made about this is absolutely ridiculous with either some guy making it seem like its a big deal and some other guy saying how stupid the first guy is for making such a big deal.

also can we not have anymore hyperboles or ridiculous over/under exaggerations? i get that you are killing time to play but reading these is literally making me less intelligent

Edited by luzzo

Best example so far, Logic makes it better. :)

I shall steal this example and use it as i please. ;p j/k

as title says

and they have plenty of right to cancel there preorder.

because frankly, allowing people to gain a unfair advantage because being allowed to play before others, even though we all preordered, its disgraceful.

and i totally hope the people who cancel never buy these companies products again

you should preorder early, it costs only 5 bucks

Stop moaning. Bioware stated from the beginning that there would be a staggered early start. Why are you so surprised now? You should have preordered or redeemed your code earlier if you wanted to play asap. Edited by Morosi

I like the irony in these post.

They preordered so they could play 5 days before everyone else and think this is OK.

But when someone gets 1/2 days more than them suddenly it is an unfair advantage and the end of the world.

Thank you so much. This has been crossing my mind all morning. In theory poeple will be joining this game for years.

Good analogy.

Well, one thing you all have to admit is that this version of early release is giving this game a bad rap from the get go. Also. all it takes is one person to say they hate something then they tell their two to four friends which because it pissed their friend off it pisses them off and they tell their friends and this giant cycle of hate gets started. Why doesn't EA do something for these people like give them free copys of "CNC4". no body plays that game anyway so who cares; it would also be a good way to clean out there ware house's of crud thats not selling.