Does anyone else see a problem come the 20th?

Brokenstatic

I think the staggered launch is going to be a bigger issue for the most populated servers. Guilds are going to be firmly set and their late arrival friends will join them. Because the EGA people will be less apt to move because they've leveled already, you might see some really big queues.

But for some of the other medium sized servers, it shouldn't be an issue.

To OP:

Yes and no.

We are kinda kept in the dark here, so I´m just guessing like the rest of you, but in general I see two obvious outcomes on the 20th:

1. With 1,5-2 million players dispersed on servers during EGA (wild guess), and another 1 million+ (more wild guessing) come the 20th, server stability should hold up if the beta stress test is anything to go by. The reason I think this could go well is the EGA and tweaking that the next 6 days will provide before the invasion on the 20th, and the 24th/ 25th respectively, as the x-mas presents are opened. If all servers aren´t already full on the 20th, the playerbase would hopefully disperse evenly on the servers available without too many crash/ lag issues.

2. Same premise/numbers as above, but some unforeseen bug et.al. that crashes servers due to sudden overload.

In the end, we really won´t know till the 20th, but I DO expect an increase in lag and general issues come official launch the 20th, as this IS the floodgate BW/ EA are preparing for, after all. (Well, I´m guessing again, really).

Here´s hoping it all turns out well, reports so far from in-game look very promising idd :)

Just a question people not a QQ thread.

Does anyone else see a problem with server stability come the 20th? Making this staggered EGA seem unnecessary?

if you think things are bad right now, is only a little preview of the total chaos will be on the 20th.

on the 20th, there will be tons of people trying to login, (most servers full) then all the happy early preorders that got in for 7 days, all going to be level 50 or close, ofcourse they are going to be making new characters. so that will expand the huge bottleneck even more.

So you would say that a Sept 8 purchase and entering should be in game tomorrow?

All I know for sure is that September was the lowest month of pre-orders. It is confirmed in the "Dev Tracker" section of the forum.

I guess you got pretty good chance in getting inn.