I'm Armstech and I don't find it useless

Exiledtyrant

I am leveling through the game as armstech and I have to say it's not as useless as everyone is saying.

as a maruader I am able to craft epic vibroswords for my main hand that put me 7+ items levels ahead of greens and 5+ items levels ahead of blues in terms of stats and damage. Anything the commendation vendor trys to throw at me is laughble. becuase my weapons compare so well vs moddable sabers and vendor / quest weapons I have been able to net 7-10k (depending on level of blade) which is a nice profit while crafting several blades to make mastercraft for myself. These swords are only the level 20ish ones btw selling that high.

blues always sell around 3-5k a piece no matter what weapon line I make.

my advice is get out there start stop being lazy and shoot for the epics / good blues. hock your stuff on the imperial fleet chat, shove some in the galactic trade, go to the proper level planet where people are leveling and show your wares. it;s garunteed nothing the planet can offer will out dps you weapons.

sure some of the weapons i have sunk almost 120k creds a sword to make epics, but they sell back to the public well and they offer you solid weapon choices that can carry you 2 planets or more with out having to make new one ( although i always make an epic sword for each level tier)

I started arms tech at level 1 and am 31 now. just made my 33 vibrosword epic today with +25 crit and surge + tons of stats. I'll be prepping for my next tier sword in another level or 2. I'm armstech and loving it

Sure sure, wait till you get to lvl 50 and 400/400. Huge dissapointment as gear you get from daily PvP/PvE is way better than anything you can make. So why bother?

um... so you dont suck on the way to level cap? pre end game crafted stuff is almost always the best gear you can get at that level. I've got 400 in every single skill with purple schematics of every recipe i can find, and with the exception of a few prototype purples with slightly better stats, all my gear on all my toons that arent at level cap yet is crafted stuff.

And tbh, this is a Bioware game afterall, its not about racing everyone to level cap just to prove to others you have no life, its about enjoying the game. So if he likes working with the crafting system, he should be able to. Just cause you have different priorities doesnt mean you should beat down others experience of the game.

Huh, when did I say anything about racing? Trust me, i took my time to get to lvl 50. And I was very excited about crafting, had armstech at 400 and leveling it was fun. And i ued some of the recipies for my char. But:

-already around lvl 30 i had 400 armstech and started to work towards purple lvl 22 barrels. I put really a lot of money into that (around 300-400k per barrel type, due to my lack of luck). Imagine my surprise, when i learned that at lvl 50 you can get purple 23 lvl barrels for doing just few dailies. So no one will buy those really and even I will not use them.

-Same with weapon. For best weapon crafting you need materials from hm flashpoints. So i guees they are only for PvE. And still it is easier to get better weapons from daily commendations, after doing 5 hm FP I have 0 mats due to my lack of luck again :). For PvP weapon has to come from outside of crafting anyway (expertise) and is WAY easier accessible than crafting as well (and better).

So, what is armstech for, really? I have biochem now (took 1 day to go 1-400) and I am much more happy with permanent +130 cunning and +80 Power from purple stim.

I just dont like the way people bash this profession like it's a waste of time craft.

I find armstech major selling points are:

- Able to make make the best weapons per level gap until 50, which in turn allows you to profit off your epics / blues even after you have leveled past them.

- the chance to wield the best epic weapons for you class without having to worry about flash points / quest rewards.

- a selection of weapons to choose from that can be made for various alts and weapon collectors ( such as myself)

now 50 i can see how people may gripe over he fact that they can't make the best weapon etc anymore ( how true this is I'm not sure i have yet to compare an epic mastercraft to a raid drop yet). It is however to be expected crafting was never the end all be all for any type of end game item in any MMO I have ever heard of or played. It would be nice to have a chance to make something comparable, but not likely.

Secondly the game is not old enough nor does developer focus seem concentrated on crafting atm so naturally crafting and their recipes will suffer.

be glad you can make good weapons as you level, can gear you alts with good weapons in the future, and make a profit on said weapons later when you have no use for them.

**side note I have been reading alot about vibroknives lately leading me to believe they are in bad shape atm. I read of blue schematics being found via missions and 2 levels of low level vibroknives being made blue but no real proof shown. I too will thorw myslef into crafting knives to find out if it is true I usually break 50-80 swords per epic, but I've seen people breaking almost 120+ knives with bad results. hopefully I'll luck out as I want to make a knife weilding operative soon.