Revan in ToR: relevancy of the irrelevant (Spoiler alert)

Windhealer

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel the same way about having to fight Revan in a midlevel Flashpoint as I do about the introduction of midichlorians and the retconning of Boba Fett into nothing more than a violently-orphaned clone tot: Meh. Too much prosaic and extraneous detail can ruin even the most magical concepts.

Take away the mystique and Revan is no longer a legendary Sith/Jedi, he's just some 300-year old guy in a mask.

OP, this is a problem I see with a lot of the characters in corporate owned stories (not sure if writer controlled ones are much better). Basically, a popular character arc is NEVER ended and drags on endlessly because there is money to be made doing so (see any popular comic book). And if at some point the character is ended, someone else will come along and "revive" or "reboot" it.

Really, I think most people who played KOTOR would have been happy is Revan and the Exile died before this game, and we just found out what happened to them through discovered holocrons, etc...

This is why I'm glad the Warden can die in Dragon Age: Origins.

I probably shouldn't comment because I haven't gotten to the end of my play-through as yet.

I'm KotOR 2 fan and Kreia is my favourite Star Wars character. And I hope, if there ever will be KotOR 3, it will have the depth and atmosphere like this game had. Maybe not the same one, but I mean the quality of it. Put my hopes on Obsidian for this one. As for 2 Revan flashpoints and no Exile in this game - good, no Exile bashing alongside Revan. Whatever fate Exile was meant to have, I think it is still better than being raided in ToR.

Don't think you read the Revan book nor saw the Republic Jedi Prisoner cutscenes. You should be able to realize who the Jedi Spirit is.

Don't think you read the Revan book nor saw the Republic Jedi Prisoner cutscenes. You should be able to realize who the Jedi Spirit is.

No, I didn't. But I've heard a lot, about Exile and her fate also. What I meant is that maybe something else might have happened, if not for this novel and some other things. Something that was dropped from the plotline, more satisfying for the majority of KotOR II fans.