End armor ugly as hell.

LordSatoh

Whats wrong with samurai or roman armor?!

I just wish that all the Jedi stuff didn't have that dang hood. Sure, a hood is kind of Jedi but, uhm... I'm pretty sure the hoods in the movies or shows, didn't suddenly make all your hair fall out...

I don't like it.

You do? Awesome then why not let me take the mods out and use them on gear that I like. Everybody happy.

I agree with this totally. I think the endgame armor currently looks discusting and needs to go. At least let us take out the mods and put them in the orange gear. What is the point of the orange gear if you cant use it at 50..... silly

Wait till you see 30 players on a warzone... All looking identical. Attack of the clones FTW!

Please, please BW let me take out the mods from hi end gear and stick it into my orange.

I am a sith not a samurai or Roman warrior!

Read:

http://www.swtor.com/blog/some-clarifications-item-modifications

Now, if purple gear was fully moddable, players would simply farm the first boss, acquire 5 pair of boots, extract the armoring, mod and enhancements from the boots and slots them in their favorite Custom items. That actually sounds cool, but it really isn’t. Letting players extract the armoring mod from the purple items would trivialize end game gear progression and stop rewarding successful and dedicated players for their efforts.

So, instead of letting that happen, we prevented the Armoring, Hilt and Barrel from being extracted, but we also made sure of dropping purple Armoring mods of equivalent power as Operation loot. This means that players going the mod route can still take their favorite orange armor and make it as good as a operation purple armor (with some temporary caveats).

You can use your orange gear at end game and have it equal raid gear, but so far the drop rate for the armor mods seem to be bugged. Nobody has seen them yet. Either way that's the plan.

This is a good reason to have some kind of appearance customisation system, the mod system with the orange gear may be just fine if you could make it as good as anything else, but even then its a bit of a pain. I'd like it if we were given more options to control both how our characters look as well as our companions. Not crazy about having my companion following me around in a helmet/head dress that to me looks completely ridiculous.

It was allowed in beta but crafters whined that people could just farm the mods and PVP people had begun crying foul over being confused by people in other class's armor.

Really, it was one of the major selling points for the game and they just yanked it because they did not understand the implications of what they were doing.

Read:

http://www.swtor.com/blog/some-clarifications-item-modifications

You can use your orange gear at end game and have it equal raid gear, but so far the drop rate for the armor mods seem to be bugged. Nobody has seen them yet. Either way that's the plan.

And that is the thing. It is not dropping. You have people with full champion gear but none of the mods for orange were seen.

My sith looks like he ***** a turkey to get the feathers for his helmet!