MMORPG .com says SW:ToR is Great

DameonLG

Not to rain on your parade here, but MMORPG basically says everything is great...

I do think that this game is really good, however, if only those bugs would get dealt with in a timely fashion (before you launch that "but its launch!" line at me.. this game had an ENORMOUS beta phase.)

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys do realize EA gives review sites early Mass Effect 3 copies if they rate SWTOR at least a 8/10.

Want proof? Look at eurogamers review.

Here are just some of the quotes.

" It's a painstaking note-for-note copy of WOW's design and features, with a few additions and ever fewer changes."

"Unfortunately, the sheer volume of content BioWare has had to produce to tell these eight stories takes its toll, along with the studio's mechanical approach to human interaction."

"Beyond that, the combination of this inflexible moral code with MMO mechanics and BioWare's arid house style has (accidentally, I assume) produced a chillingly bleak and empty vision of human nature."

"Meanwhile, the way this teen-rated game drops a few mild double entendres before fading to black in its hilariously wooden "romance" scenes can't disguise the fact that it treats sex as a sordid transaction."

You know what they gave it?

8/10. That's right...

You're saying its a conspiracy?

Edited by ViceGat

looks like somebody got paid off :eek:

Which is what everyone says the moment they see a review they disagree with. The annoying part is where the same people then follow up with 'hey but my opinion is the majority and you must pay attention to me' because they can't possibly have been paid off.

Hypocrisy is such a terrible thing.

Edited by Grammarye

I see the conspiracy theorists nut jobs are out in full force.. rofl

Really? You think it would be far fetched for the largest digital entertainment corporation in the world to give "incentives" to reviewers to give them high scores?

Look, i know you guys like to cling to any good news you hear about TOR but this is common knowledge that reviews can be bought.

I remember Dragon Age 2 getting a 100% review and the reviewer saying it was "RPG of the decade"

Get real

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f88/metacritic-catches-game-reviewers-taking-bribes-1737711/

Lets just take a guess which company is paying off reviewers

that says nothing about EA proving your statement, it just says that it is a problem in the industry where some reviews sites may be bought off. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but i'm a believer in having proof. My country we are innocent until PROVEN guilty, not guilty until proven innocent. So without actual proof of EA doing what you describe i will tend to not believe you.

I'm saying review sites are at the VERY LEAST dishonest about the final score they give

of course they are.

can i take a stab that you will be canceling your sub, playing GW2 or something of the sort right?

i'm certain however when OR IF bioware does finally receive a bad review from a critic for which is has yet to receive one.. you will fully heartily agree with it right?

Really? You think it would be far fetched for the largest digital entertainment corporation in the world to give "incentives" to reviewers to give them high scores?

Look, i know you guys like to cling to any good news you hear about TOR but this is common knowledge that reviews can be bought.

I remember Dragon Age 2 getting a 100% review and the reviewer saying it was "RPG of the decade"

Get real

You get real.

that says nothing about EA proving your statement, it just says that it is a problem in the industry where some reviews sites may be bought off. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but i'm a believer in having proof. My country we are innocent until PROVEN guilty, not guilty until proven innocent. So without actual proof of EA doing what you describe i will tend to not believe you.

Well lets look at the "big 3" game companies

EA

Activision

Nintendo

So even if we guess, there's a 1 in 3 chance it's EA, but lets be honest

This is about what I rated it in Beta and what I rate it now. I think the reviewer was spot on with the exception that he didn't get to 50 and comment much on the experience there. It seems to me a lot of malcontent comes from those who are experiencing 50 now.