16 hours of music. Where is it?

Indrikk

Walking into tatooine I hear some faint sound from my speakers. I increase the volume - its just footsteps. I turn down every sound other than music - a brief, quiet track plays then stops and once again - silence, or footsteps. This also occurs when you fight a boss or during cutscenes, but is sort of not-in-place - like the music doesn't quite fit the scenery. For example - we just wiped on a boss, and the "combat music" continues to play for another minute after we've ressed.

I thought sounds and music were something Bioware was proud of, yet I get the feeling it is something they are trying to hide. There was even a Friday update about it, with interviews and stuff if I recall correctly.

When I get into an area I expect the music to saturate the scenery. I imagine this as if I were to close my eyes and only listen to the music - I should still get a decent idea of what this zone feels like without seeing it. If the world is going to be as empty and devoid of people as it is on my server, let there atleast be good, fitting and looping music to every zone.

Just my thoughts. What do you think about the music in SWTOR?

I thought sounds and music were something Bioware was proud of, yet I get the feeling it is something they are trying to hide.
You just might be on to something. Try plying the game's soundtrack backwards, there might be a message from the Illuminati telling you to go outside.

This is one of my complaints about the game. No loop music option. Ambient sound and music are so scarce in this game it kills the environment in a lot of cases. It's a damn shame. Edited by Merex

This is one of my complaints about the game. No loop music option. Ambient sound and music are so scarce in this game it kills the environment in a lot of cases. It's a damn shame.

I agree, need more music, wish there was a slider oroption for looping and volume than what we have, not enough music in the game, SWG had the best ingame Star Wars music KOTOR close second, this game?where is it!

In some games I turn the music off and play my own, but not in this one. Sadly, due to the lack of noticeable music, I keep forgetting if I turned it off or not and have to keep checking. Yeah, I actually have to check to know.

Game need more ambience and music Bioware. A city might seem more alive if you could hear more gibberish and mindless chit-chat floating through the empty streets. We don't need a real dialogue all the time. And more gunfire sounds at longer distances as well. An loop the music, make it louder, whatever you have to do. Right now one of my friends is making a joke on it. A really bad joke. A terrible one, and I have to sit and listen to him because you can't....

I have issues.

In some games I turn the music off and play my own, but not in this one. Sadly, due to the lack of noticeable music, I keep forgetting if I turned it off or not and have to keep checking. Yeah, I actually have to check to know. [...]

Was about to post the same thing; when I solo Esseles runs for the fun of it, I turn the music off and play my own since nothing new is going to happen. When I leave, I turn it back on, but sometimes I double-check that I didn't forget because the game seems so silent once I'm actually on a planet.

It isn't exactly a critical issue, but it does snag my attention from time to time.

Edited by Seigyoku

Back in 2008 I posted several times about how Jeremy Soule the original composer of the first game should be used in this game. Instead they hired a Orchestra and some no-name composers to do this and the difference is night and day. The music in this game is very subtle and ambient compared to Jeremy Soule which was riveting and engaging.

Back in 2008 I posted several times about how Jeremy Soule the original composer of the first game should be used in this game. Instead they hired a Orchestra and some no-name composers to do this and the difference is night and day. The music in this game is very subtle and ambient compared to Jeremy Soule which was riveting and engaging.

Haven't heard of him but if he composed the music of KOTOR 1/2 then why in the world wouldn't they use him again :confused: KOTOR 2 had some of the best OST in a game I've ever heard - it was engaging, it saturated the environment and brought it to life but here we have vast empty worlds that are made emptier with the lack of players and, in my opinion, with the lack of any music

i cant believe anyone cares about this, 3 months down the track you would just turn it off and listen to mp3s anyway

Pfft mp3 is crap. Why is there no repeat option for the music? They did such good work on the music and then when it stops all I hear is me swining my lightsaber. There is barely an environmental sounds or ambient sounds to enjoy.

I agree that the music needs to play more often. I finally just got sick of the long silences and ripped my SWTOR music CD from the Collector's Edition to mp3's and added it to my playlist and just listen to that instead of the in-game music.

Good thread, I wanted to make that one myself.

The game is very silent very often. I don't mind tracks repeating themselves...

I rarely hear any music in it. It came to the point where I just muted it and started playing my own, but it sucks, because I have to pause it before every conversation.

I am thinking that this may be a bug. The music should be constant, or at least play most of the time, instead of "rarely"

Walking into tatooine I hear some faint sound from my speakers. I increase the volume - its just footsteps. I turn down every sound other than music - a brief, quiet track plays then stops and once again - silence, or footsteps. This also occurs when you fight a boss or during cutscenes, but is sort of not-in-place - like the music doesn't quite fit the scenery. For example - we just wiped on a boss, and the "combat music" continues to play for another minute after we've ressed.

I thought sounds and music were something Bioware was proud of, yet I get the feeling it is something they are trying to hide. There was even a Friday update about it, with interviews and stuff if I recall correctly.

When I get into an area I expect the music to saturate the scenery. I imagine this as if I were to close my eyes and only listen to the music - I should still get a decent idea of what this zone feels like without seeing it. If the world is going to be as empty and devoid of people as it is on my server, let there atleast be good, fitting and looping music to every zone.

Just my thoughts. What do you think about the music in SWTOR?

Yeah, I'm with you. I love the music but sometimes there is no music for a good 20-30 musics. Dead silence. I hate it.

You just might be on to something. Try plying the game's soundtrack backwards, there might be a message from the Illuminati telling you to go outside.

More like telling him to work, so they can continue to rule the world ;)