The game isn't the problem

lueckjathom

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is very simple ADD ONS = EASY MODE, and one or two button win. People complaining about this are finding this game mildly more difficult to play and they want the game easier. Or they are getting their hind end kicked in PvP becasue they have become so dependant on their add ons.

Explain to me how improving the UI aesthetically so I can fit my skills on my bars in a neater fashion equals easy mode.

Or how about an improved AH GUI? Is it easy mode to be able to search without filling in some drop down boxes first?

What about ones which help colour blind people better distinguish targets or whatever?

Besides, addons allow the game to be HARDER - right now, all encounters must be designed to take into account the unavoidable human delay in having to look at all different places on the screen to get useful information - all roles therefore are required to respond only as quickly as they can get all the info they need. If that's all in one place then they can be expected to have a lower input lag and therefore the game can be tighter tuned.

Not all addons are DBM. Get off your god damned high horse and realise that UI customisation is incredibly useful and attractive to a lot of players for a lot of different reasons and your arbitrary refusal to see them as anything but glorified cheat codes just makes your side of the debate look ill-informed at best.

WoW got those features over 7 years of development. Thinking a brand new game can have all of the content and features of a 7 year old game is absurd. Have fun waiting for that game to come along. The rest of us will enjoy what we have.

The rest of you simply will pay a very inflated price for an inferior product.

You do realise that if SWTOR was half the price of WOW there would not be any complaints? I hope both sides, "haters" and "fanboys" realise this.

You do realise that if SWTOR was half the price of WOW there would not be any complaints? I hope both sides, "haters" and "fanboys" realise this.

Yeah, I agree. Why would I pay for a sub par mmo called WoW, with no story. Horrible addons which game the game too easy.

Ill stick to my superior product called TOR.

Not all addons are DBM. Get off your gosh darned high horse and realise that UI customisation is incredibly useful and attractive to a lot of players for a lot of different reasons and your arbitrary refusal to see them as anything but glorified cheat codes just makes your side of the debate look ill-informed at best.

People seem to think everything is DBM, and that there are addons that play for you, move where you need to move, use your abilities, basically a bot that plays for you.

It's the internet that has made me realize how incredibly stupid the human being actually is.

If SWTOR was half the price of WoW, all you people would still be on here fuming about how much SWTOR sucks. If all you hated it as much as you seem to express on these forums, you would have unsubscribed and never looked back. Stop trying to say this game is bad and not worth your money when you are obviously still supporting it.

Yeah, I agree. Why would I pay for a sub par mmo called WoW, with no story. Horrible addons which game the game too easy.

Ill stick to my superior product called TOR.

It's not the addons that makes the game easy, sorry. And now that you said it, WoW got alot of story.

It's not the addons that makes the game easy, sorry. And now that you said it, WoW got alot of story.

Really? want to point it out to me? the so called "story in wow"

Addons make the game easy, dbm? threat meter? damage meters? healbot? everything makes it easy.

Edited by darthdoll

No, the developers are the problem.

No target of target

No threat system

No threat meter

No damage meter

No macros

No combat logs

We are not spoiled if we would have these, these are a few of the ingredients to creating a successful MMO.

These things among others are a necessity.

Without key things being in a MMO, launched in 2011 with 6+ years of work put into it, why would people fund it? Makes no sense.

I would happily pay £5 a month extra to keep those things out of this game forever.

Strange... maybe just maybe there is more than one opinion on this subject... :rolleyes:

Do you remember when a bunch of 3rd party providers wrote clever applications for Microsoft operating systems, and then, a few versions or service packs later MS would produce their own , integrated system?

The same thing is happening with WOW. Over the years they have built into the game a lot of features which were originally 3rd party addons. Eg threat meters. Gear "wardrobe" ability. Intelligent raid frames. And a raft of other useful things so that nowdays you do not even need addons (ok maybe one or two).

Explain to me how improving the UI aesthetically so I can fit my skills on my bars in a neater fashion equals easy mode.

Or how about an improved AH GUI? Is it easy mode to be able to search without filling in some drop down boxes first?

What about ones which help colour blind people better distinguish targets or whatever?

Besides, addons allow the game to be HARDER - right now, all encounters must be designed to take into account the unavoidable human delay in having to look at all different places on the screen to get useful information - all roles therefore are required to respond only as quickly as they can get all the info they need. If that's all in one place then they can be expected to have a lower input lag and therefore the game can be tighter tuned.

Not all addons are DBM. Get off your gosh darned high horse and realise that UI customisation is incredibly useful and attractive to a lot of players for a lot of different reasons and your arbitrary refusal to see them as anything but glorified cheat codes just makes your side of the debate look ill-informed at best.

I have no issues with UI changes or customizing things that improve how we personally interact with the game, but do not allow us to change basic game mechinics to an extent. So I may have been to braod in my statement, I will grant you that. Yes the AH is a mess, I hate it. In fact BW has said they are working on expanding ui flexability right now, if you would read their posts. However, addons that allow you to know exactly what an NPC is "thinking" or give you the ability to perform what would otherwise be difficult complex moves with one button, does put the game on easy mode.

However, addons that allow you to know exactly what an NPC is "thinking" or give you the ability to perform what would otherwise be difficult complex moves with one button, does put the game on easy mode.

You'd rather have the guessing game? Basically having to rely on RNG in every fight?

I have played a few MMO's at release now.

Never seen one this well done at launch. Give it a year or 3 and this will be the benchmark for MMO's.

You'll see the next generation of people QQ'ing at new MMO releases being told "Go back to TOR".

Because you don't have to use your own intelligence.

And how exactly are you using your own intelligence without threat and damagemeters? You're adding upp all the numbers you see above the mob every second, add them together and come up with your dps?

I have played a few MMO's at release now.

Never seen one this well done at launch. Give it a year or 3 and this will be the benchmark for MMO's.

You'll see the next generation of people QQ'ing at new MMO releases being told "Go back to TOR".

Nice joke.

Edited by zolthie

People seem to think everything is DBM, and that there are addons that play for you, move where you need to move, use your abilities, basically a bot that plays for you.

It's the internet that has made me realize how incredibly stupid the human being actually is.

I have played MMO's that were infested with bots which proved that the game could basically be made to play itself. It is easy to say a bot is a very well designed addon.

I do whole-heartedly agree with the original poster to this thread.

I played WoW waaaay back in very early Friends & Family Alpha, about 2 years before general release. I was a paying subscriber up until the middle of last year. That really is a heck of a long time to play a single MMO. Sure I tested and dabbled into an MMO here and there, but ultimately WoW kept me on as a subscriber.

Blizzard bet the house on WoW to be successful. If WoW would had been unsuccessful, Blizzard would have tanked and would have had to sell itself off to cover the costs of development and investment into the game. The story with Bioware in SWTOR holds true to a similar vein: They have put everything into this game.

The real heart of the matter, in my own opinion, is: Would Bioware have been more successful in investing that +/- 100 million in polish and state-of-the-art MMO features, instead of voice acting? Honestly speaking, that would have just made it, in the industry's eyes, a WoW knock-off. Do I want some features from this game that I've grown to expect from an MMO (directly because of almost a decade of investment into WoW)? Absolutely. But I quit WoW. I don't want to play WoW in space. I want to play a unique MMO that has a different direction and game plan, especially in comparison to WoW. Those features that I want will come, in time.

Personally speaking, I like where I see this game heading. I believe it has a lot of potential and features that already set it apart from the usual MMO masses. Is it perfect? No MMO is perfect. Does it have flaws? See the previous answer. I personally believe the single-most-frustrating point of this entire game is their customer support system and service. But I also understand that they have to be beyond overwhelmed in demand.

Some people seem to be too caught up in nostalgia to realize that WoW, when it released, was not anywhere near the game it is today. Just like people, no game is identical the day it is released and years later -- They evolve and change. It takes time for things to change, for things to evolve, and for things to come to fruition.

Please, let's stop being the instant gratification generation of players.

You'd rather have the guessing game? Basically having to rely on RNG in every fight?

Seeing as that is how I played WoW up until SWTOR came out and still managed to somehow play better than people using those add-ons, as well as plenty other easy-mode ones, I am happy playing what you call "the guessing game".

All we need is a way to move, resize and re-colour the current UI. Not to be able to run some bloated 3rd party mods, that break every patch, spam chat and are full of bugs. Just to make the game more trivial so that bad players don't have to think for themselves. Edited by NasherUK

Really? want to point it out to me? the so called "story in wow"

Addons make the game easy, dbm? threat meter? damage meters? healbot? everything makes it easy.

DBM -> mid-TBC and on. Omen and Recount -> late-TBC and on. Healbot(cannot say, I never healed competitively)

CTRaid, CTReadyCheck, TitanPanel, NurfedUI in Vanilla....did not make any boss encounters easier.

Outfitter, Wardrobe, ohhhh, I can see if this gun looks hella stupid or awesome.

But some of you would say that by being able to preview my weapon before I buy it or equip it, that would definitely make it easier to avoid Flame Buffet.

There is a huge difference between DBM, Omen, Recount and PerlX and Wardrobe.

And there is a huge difference between macros and addons. Some of you really need to understand the distinction before opening the wrong orfice.