Agents overpowred to a gamebreaking degree

Rancherman

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Operatives are an ambush class (unlike assassins). They are suppose to have great burst. If they can't kill you in the first few seconds of a fight then they die. (They die anyways because someone else will kill them). The point is they are helpless after the burst. Their energy regenerate is crippled after the burst, thier cooldowns are all popped, they have little to no escape, the debuff on their Target wares off, and they have no defensive moves with poor armor. So put points into your stealth detection and play smart and you'll destroy them. Don't force bioware to do what wow did and kill all the class differences and make pvp boring.

As i said the resolve system is broken and doesn't work all the time i have often been stunned and knocked back with full resolve.

its not broken... watch your resolve bar! it works correctly.

example, it fills up i cant CC you....

it goes down, i can CC you again.....

it fills up i cant CC you.....

i watch it all the time.... the only thing i see is that if one person opens on you another person CC doesnt affect the resolve bar... only think i seen.

Operatives are an ambush class (unlike assassins). They are suppose to have great burst. If they can't kill you in the first few seconds of a fight then they die. (They die anyways because someone else will kill them). The point is they are helpless after the burst. Their energy regenerate is crippled after the burst, thier cooldowns are all popped, they have little to no escape, the debuff on their Target wares off, and they have no defensive moves with poor armor. So put points into your stealth detection and play smart and you'll destroy them. Don't force bioware to do what wow did and kill all the class differences and make pvp boring.

i can live after opener.... =P

It's funny how people think operative is OP and I can tell you that's not true. I have an immortal specced juggernaut and a concealment specced operative and I'll tell you when I pvp with my juggernaut an operative is the only thing I can kill with little effort. I always keep my cc breaker open for them and scoundrels because I know if I'm alone and near a health buff I'm going to get jumped. When it happens I use my cc breaker and immediately throw up either saber ward or invincibility and the damage is mitigated. Once I get through that initial debilitate backstabbing / lethal strike combo its pretty much all over for them, I'll pop a med pack or endure pain if it's up. Then I'll do threatening or chilling scream to keep them close and even a smash followed by force choke. It's funny because you can tell more experienced operative pvpers wont even try to attack me unless it's 2 or 3 vs 1 then they jump in to get their licks.

On the flipside of the coin, my operative is very situational because I know I have only one shot to get those combos off otherwise I'll have to kite my opponent whic is pointless because it's nearly impossible to do because after my burst combos are gone I have to go into my weaker blaster rifle attacks which do next to no damage on a jugg or merc. I never go after a heavy armor target unless they are below forty percent health. If you don't want to die easily get a heavy armored class that can withstand the blows get some gear and learn to play. The types of people moaning and groaning about getting torn apart in pvp have no idea how the numbers work and instead of thinkIng outside the box they complain about losing so that the debs can dumb the game down to their level. LOok at what happened to swg. So before you think about complaining you should research your class and the one that's Pwning you and learn to THINK about how best to exploit and explore weaknesses in the different classes.

It's funny how people think operative is OP and I can tell you that's not true. I have an immortal specced juggernaut and a concealment specced operative and I'll tell you when I pvp with my juggernaut an operative is the only thing I can kill with little effort. I always keep my cc breaker open for them and scoundrels because I know if I'm alone and near a health buff I'm going to get jumped. When it happens I use my cc breaker and immediately throw up either saber ward or invincibility and the damage is mitigated. Once I get through that initial debilitate backstabbing / lethal strike combo its pretty much all over for them, I'll pop a med pack or endure pain if it's up. Then I'll do threatening or chilling scream to keep them close and even a smash followed by force choke. It's funny because you can tell more experienced operative pvpers wont even try to attack me unless it's 2 or 3 vs 1 then they jump in to get their licks.

On the flipside of the coin, my operative is very situational because I know I have only one shot to get those combos off otherwise I'll have to kite my opponent whic is pointless because it's nearly impossible to do because after my burst combos are gone I have to go into my weaker blaster rifle attacks which do next to no damage on a jugg or merc. I never go after a heavy armor target unless they are below forty percent health. If you don't want to die easily get a heavy armored class that can withstand the blows get some gear and learn to play. The types of people moaning and groaning about getting torn apart in pvp have no idea how the numbers work and instead of thinkIng outside the box they complain about losing so that the debs can dumb the game down to their level. LOok at what happened to swg. So before you think about complaining you should research your class and the one that's Pwning you and learn to THINK about how best to exploit and explore weaknesses in the different classes.

Well bioware doesnt agree with you. 1.1.1 nerfs incoming.

Smuggler

Scoundrel

Flechette Round: Now provides 30% armor penetration while active.

K.O.: This ability now knocks the target down for 1.5 seconds.

Shoot First: The damage output of this ability has been decreased by approximately 20% to control burst damage and because it was enabling significantly faster than intended kills in PvP.

Imperial Agent

Operative

Acid Blade: Now provides 30% armor penetration while active.

Jarring Strike: This ability now knocks the target down for 1.5 seconds.

Hidden Strike: The damage output of this ability has been decreased by approximately 20% to control burst damage and because it was enabling significantly faster than intended kills in PvP.

Smuggler

Scoundrel

Shoot First: The damage output of this ability has been decreased by approximately 20% to control burst damage and because it was enabling significantly faster than intended kills in PvP.

Imperial Agent

Operative

Hidden Strike: The damage output of this ability has been decreased by approximately 20% to control burst damage and because it was enabling significantly faster than intended kills in PvP.

A ridiculous nerf like that will cause the disappearance of the concealment Operative....well done bioware, well done...:mad:

Smuggler

Scoundrel

Imperial Agent

Operative

Another panic nerf from Bioware.

It was hard enough when I rerolled to get a group. Melee DPS was unwanted a lot of the time from what I was seeing. With this though?

Yep... the 1.5 stun is ok if it doesn't fill the bar. 20% less Shoot first, yeah well... ok but the armor penetration nerf? That's a big one!

Well it was nice knowing you guys I'm going to go re-roll a Merc now...

As it's been stated it was hard enough getting groups together playing a Melee dps class so unless I chose heals I feel its rather pointless to continue Operative unless the nerf is undone.

Yeah, thank god I played a Merc to lvl 36 before rolling a Scoundrel. Time to kill some Scrapers I guess.... lol!

Edited by karcyon

If a skilled Marauder went against the team that agent played he would have broken 400k. Don't show a screenshot of one player wiping a terrible team. I can put up screenshots of every other class doing the same.

Please do.

Yeah so this happened

http://imgur.com/SGHSo

Part of it is that he's lvl 50 and was geared but still this is way beyond anything even reasonable for a class to do. I remember when one of the main selling points of this game was that you couldn't be stunlocked and killed... lie.

I can do 500k on my Sage with champion PvP gear (not a single piece of Battlemaster) in Voidstar against teams with good healing.

And with throwing bubbles to everyone I get that 75k healing medal easily too.

So I don't know what's wrong with that picture.

As i said the resolve system is broken and doesn't work all the time i have often been stunned and knocked back with full resolve.

You have never been stunned after a knocked down, you have been rooted, by other classes because we don't have those. Please try again.

You have never been stunned after a knocked down, you have been rooted, by other classes because we don't have those. Please try again.

Oh really? I've been stunned so many times with a resolve bar and its definatly stuns because immobilization's don't stop you from using any abilitys.

Oh really? I've been stunned so many times with a resolve bar and its definatly stuns because immobilization's don't stop you from using any abilitys.

If the Resolve bar is full grey its not at capacity. Its when it is full and turns to white is when its at 1000.

1. Once we pop out of stealth and knock you down, you are immune to all of our CC (other than snares) for 6 or so seconds. Therefore, breaking the knockdown CC of our opener still leaves you immune to our other CC.

2. If you manage to run out of our 10m range, we have -NO- way of catching up.

3. All of our abilities have cooldowns/stipulations or high energy costs. You can outlast and whittle us down easily if you use your cooldowns just like we do.

I guess those are all the reasons I see people destroyed by ops over and over again.

I guess those are all the reasons I see people destroyed by ops over and over again.

Partly. Despite the fact that we can still deliver some DPS on range (30m) to finish off runners, people often loose because they are purely undergeared. But that's something which is not limited to Operative players. Operative is the first target of noob-flames because a) his stealth. People are scared and almost die IRL if beig stunned for 3 secs not able to do anything and b) they can't flamce other classes, because they play them themselves.

In case of b. the QQs are shifting from "OP-Class" to "lucker" or "lifless, jobless overgeared guy".

Simple as that.