What does "cover fire" keybind do?

Dogjutsu

So...it's been over a month. Got anything to report? :p

Well, since this original post I rolled an IA. I totally forgot about this thread. My theory is it was intended to be used as Focus Target's Target. It could be it was never implemented. I will try it this weekend and report back.

Edited by Owsley

• 1 year later...

http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-june-15th-2012

"Elfindreams: What does the "cover fire" keybind do? The keybind, not passive skill and not "take cover" or "take cover in place" - specifically "cover fire". It does not have any function in advanced class cover mechanics that anyone has been able to detect.

Austin: This is actually a Dev function that was never cut from the retail build. You are correct that it serves no function to players. I'll investigate why this option yet remains."

• 1 month later...
I too would like an answer to this. I have done some experimenting with different classes but so far it doesn't seem to do anything.

LamboofAnatolia answered in the post above you back in August: it does nothing.

It's in the link he provided which links to the page for Community Q&A: June 15th, 2012:

Austin Peckenpaugh (Senior Designer): "This is actually a Dev function that was never cut from the retail build. You are correct that it serves no function to players. I'll investigate why this option yet remains."

Guess they just never got around to getting rid of it. :cool:

Edited by Dallayna

• 1 month later...
  • 8 years later...
  • 2 months later...

I got it working.

It gives 27,5% extra damage for the one you are covering. He or she needs to have both pets out. And you need command to be at minimal 7,5% boost.

*I think it is bugged. It should be 7,5%.... not 27,5%....

👈🤪😘👉, -Obviously NOT a ONE-headed Hokey Pokey Troll