Why ppl feels bored at lvl 50 with more content than wow in the release comprasion

Stormag

I think the problem for me is that it's mixing up two things that I've seen and done many times before. The 1-49 game is the best leveling I've seen in an MMO, mainly because it's a Bioware singleplayer formula from five years ago that Bioware themselves have abandoned now: start>4 zones>end zone>boss>endgame. Only in TOR it's end of Chapter 1, in Chapter 2 you start>4 zones...

Then at 50, as many have said in this thread, it's the totally classic MMO raid or die that has been seen over and over again that the industry is starting to move away from.

It's fun to play through once, but I suspect unless you're the kind of guy who played Mass Effect through 15 times there's not enough variety to sustain more than a couple of playthroughs. Likewise at 50, if you're the old school MMO player who loves the instance/raid playstyle you're golden, but if you don't or are just sick of it there's nothing else.

I can see where they were coming from, melding classic Bioware singleplayer RPG with MMO endless content should have been a winner, but in the 5+ years since they started it both Bioware RPGs and MMOs have undergone some serious changes, both good and bad depending on PoV, while TOR remains a snapshot frozen in time of exactly how things were when they had the idea.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

because its 2012 and well into the MMO era, not the start of it?

because they took 3 years and 120 or more million to make the game?

lol coming from someone who probably plays you know what anf maybe dosent realize that WOW did not even work for 2 weeks when it launched. i feel sorry for you for being spoon fed crap from blizzard and thats all your used to.

Yeah, because SWTOR was released in 2004 without 7 years of work put into and and only 60million spent on it.

Just because others failed to achieve something it doesn't mean it's okay for others to fail. Get real.

WoW's not having 7 years' worth of endgame content at launch was not a failure of Blizzard's. (It was in development for several years before it was released too.)

Nor is SWTOR's not having 7 years' worth of content at launch a failure of BioWare's.

You are the one who seems to have an unrealistic view.

The OP makes some points, but we should not be surprised that the endgame is poorly developed a month after release. That is standard for the MMO genre. We probably won't know whether the endgame is worthwhile for quite some time.

Why shouldn't we? Bioware made TOR take what took players in WoW months to accomplish when it first came out. Sure you could have seen 60's around earlier but it took months for a lot of people to finally reach level 60. TOR however takes a few days to reach 50 and this is me playing abou 2-3 on weekdays and using rest experience in a flashpoint. The lack of progression also doesn't help.