We Hate Huttball

AnimalAl

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love huttball as my operative. Always feel disappointed if the other 2 pop up for me.

More huttball please! :)

you sound a bit like the scoundrel in our guild team. he is often our MVP.

edit: he is not heal specced!

Edited by me_unknown

• 2 weeks later...

To play it well you need to spread out to get passes. It's very fast and as a healer, most of my heals require that I stay in 1 place at least for a second or 2. With people falling off the walkways, getting blown into the sky and running around like mad, there's not a lot I can do. I'm not a dps machine or a tank and just healing the crap outta myself isn't very easy if I have the ball and gotta run so I'm dead.

I don't care if people like it or not, there should be an option to not play it. You could have for example an Alderan Civil War map that has the story line of a "War Simulation" against the republic with 2 Empire teams taking the field. Keep the same warzones, change the story line if you put 2 teams of the same faction together. How hard would that be? I frankly don't care if I'm facing Republic or Empire, I just don't want to play Huttball every single time. It's not that hard to change. Change the pretext for the match and keep everything else the same. Problem solved. No long waits, more variety, freedom of choice.

I did hate Huttball in the beginning, but after playing umpteen matches I have come to like it. As others pointed out Huttball is the one 'warzone' (what's it got to do with a war?) two or three coordinated players can win a match while the mentally retarded slug it out in the middle wondering what the glowy globe that appears from time to time does.

THIS. I hated huttball at first, but its really grown on me over the past few weeks. tonight i queued with 2 other people and between the 3 of us ball running we had multiple 6/0 games back to back. teamwork goes a long way in huttball.

Best. Warzone. Ever.

I can see how Operatives hate it though, but everyone else has Charges/Sprints/Pulls that give them plenty utility in Huttball.

I love Huttball, and it's perfectly fine to play with an operative, or in my case scoundrel...

On behalf of no one in particular, I would request that you developers find some way for us to screen the PvP warzones so that we can opt OUT of Huttball. Hate it. HAAAATTTEEE it. :mad: Take a page from Rift, let us pick what PvP warzones we want to play.

huttball is my favorite WZ, and I know alot of other people that feel the same way.

Same boat - used to dislike it as a noob but am liking it more and more. As a rep, I think I get it <33% of the time, which is fine for me.

That said, though, some classes are clearly more cut out for it, while others (COUGH*scoundrels*COUGH) don't have all the fun utility toys for it (knockbacks, forceleap, pushes, pulls, forcespeed, etc...)

Edited by Stenrik

Huttball is the most skillful WZ and I absolutely love it.

I love hutball, it separates the tunnel visioned from the not. :)

I agree with both. Huttball is the most tactical map. You really have to watch your and the enemies' positioning. I guess that's why people don't like it.

• 2 months later...
I agree with both. Huttball is the most tactical map. You really have to watch your and the enemies' positioning. I guess that's why people don't like it.

There are many reasons you and all lovers of Hutt ball are wrong. And while I have no problem with people wanting to play hutt ball I myself dont want to it ruins the whole atmosphere for me has no place in the star wars universe, I just wish if you really want to play hutt ball make it separate from the rest so subscription holders have a choice.

There are many reasons you and all lovers of Hutt ball are wrong. And while I have no problem with people wanting to play hutt ball I myself dont want to it ruins the whole atmosphere for me has no place in the star wars universe, I just wish if you really want to play hutt ball make it separate from the rest so subscription holders have a choice.

Not sure how SW lore would keep huttball from being fun; besides, I could totally see a hutt organizing something like it.

Huttball is rad, gnarly, tubular, and whatever else the kids say these days. Work on your throwing arm and learn when to stun people. (aka in the traps, or occasionally to keep someone from passing) Once you learn some basic tactics, it's an awesomely variable map to play. Now all we need is more huttball maps.

-Hedley Melange <Dynamic>, Dreshdae-->The Shadowlands-

Horrible warzone, filled with bugs, imbalances and exploits.

Agreed. Hate it. In fact, I'll generally just leave the WZ the moment I see it's Huttball unless I'm queueing up with guildmates (can't leave my guildies hanging). I can respect that others love it. But if this thread proves anything, it's that not everyone wants to play Huttball.

And for the record, I'd be completely willing to have longer queue times if it meant I could actually choose which WZs NOT to queue up for. With the server consolidations, I don't see it increasing my queue times by much since they pop so fast right now.