LOTRO Check-in!

JayneKobb

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the best of both worlds. Unity is a guild that is on Red Eclipse Server as Unity (republic) and Dark Unity (Imperial) and we are also on the Gilrain server in Lotro. We, for years were in SWG and Lotro so we just replaced SWG with Tor. Some members inc myself play both games though its wierd going from blasters and ships to swords and horses lol.

Just an example of the next 7 days:

02/27/2012 Lotro Level 75 Skirmish raids

02/28/2012 [Empire] EV Run

02/29/2012 Lotro Level 75 Skirmish Raids

02/29/2012 [REP] E. Vault 8m Ops

03/01/2012 Lotro Level 45+ Urugarth and Carn-dum

03/01/2012 [Empire] K. Palace Run

03/03/2012 [REP] K. Palace 8m OPs

03/03/2012 Social Event Hide And Seek

03/06/2012 [REP] E. Vault 8m Ops

So with tor being the new shiny toy in the shop window its nice to see Lotro still doing very well

I have the best of both worlds. Unity is a guild that is on Red Eclipse Server as Unity (republic) and Dark Unity (Imperial) and we are also on the Gilrain server in Lotro. We, for years were in SWG and Lotro so we just replaced SWG with Tor. Some members inc myself play both games though its wierd going from blasters and ships to swords and horses lol.

Just an example of the next 7 days:

02/27/2012 Lotro Level 75 Skirmish raids

02/28/2012 [Empire] EV Run

02/29/2012 Lotro Level 75 Skirmish Raids

02/29/2012 [REP] E. Vault 8m Ops

03/01/2012 Lotro Level 45+ Urugarth and Carn-dum

03/01/2012 [Empire] K. Palace Run

03/03/2012 [REP] K. Palace 8m OPs

03/03/2012 Social Event Hide And Seek

03/06/2012 [REP] E. Vault 8m Ops

So with tor being the new shiny toy in the shop window its nice to see Lotro still doing very well

Cool I play both as well although I still spend most of my time in LOTRO. :) I even still play SWG some as well. Yes I'm just a little bit of a geek. :p

My server was nimrodel,

My class was a hunter,

My name was tharris,

and I was an elf.

Level 62.

I played my hunter for awhile, and then went on to a captain. I tried out about every class, and the only ones I really liked were captain and hunter. The game got REALLY boring after awhile. I quit, and waited about a year for this game and I must say it is awesome.

I got a little bit of mirkwood done, most of lorien, and pretty much finished moria.

My kin was practically entirely guardians of the veiled rose the only good kin I could find. Any other of the GOVR out their?:D

Edited by Cordarn

wow I used to crush so many of the posters here

Exactly what server were you on? I think I saw someone named malice in monster play. Used to kill the freeps along with someone with that name I think? Did you happen to be on the nimrodel server?

Forum lag FTL, and can't believe I haven't seen this thread yet!

Icefire from forums and betas and what-not.

Played on the Big E - Himrant, Timalcar, Nimlagos; and a few RP characters on Landy to help flesh out some friends' stories.

I'm still looking for SOMETHING in this game that "goes *jingle jangle*"

Mostly stationary on Lord Adrass, but kinda casting around for a singular community feel like Elendilmir had. Honestly created my first character and automatically /cjoin GLFF. Was kinda sad.

It's (D)acromir of Crickhollow!

I had a lvl 75 Captain named Dacromir that was my main post-ROI, as well as a lvl 65 Burglar that was my main pre-ROI. I was in "Of The Relic" kinship, and had the username "Philosomanic" on the forums (where I was an active poster, especially in Captain class forums).

I'm now playing a Jedi Shadow named Acromir on server [The Swiftsure]. If you know me, send me a forum message!

If you've played LOTRO before, and are skeptical that this is worth it, send me a forum message! I'll tell you what's better, and what's worse. And yes, there are things LOTRO is better at.

• 2 weeks later...

Landroval

Edinellion - 75 Warden

Goranwulf - 75 Captain

Arolamir - 75 Champion

Currently on: The Ebon Hawk

I'm having a blast with my Guardian and Trooper. I'm really liking this game so Lotro has lost me... truth to be told lotro lost me at the frp transition. I miss the old lotro, but it's gone forever.

• 4 weeks later...

Firgus ~ Dwarf Guardian ~ Max leveled and geared before Isenguard patch ~ Meneldor server

Snog ~ Warg Stalker ~ rank 7 or 8 ~ Meneldor

Mortahru ~ Defiler ~ rank 6 or 7 ~ Meneldor

I miss LOTRO so much. I'd watched it progress through development before Turbine took it over, I was in 3 Beta's, I was a founder, I'd payed monthly for over 4 years.

But I was perma-banned after getting an infraction after just coming off a 1 month ban for language. What was that infraction? I said the word "transexual" in global chat and not in a malicious way.

I miss you LOTRO. ));>

Sure I could make another free account or even pay account...but I don't know if I want to stomach regaining all that was lost all over again. Maybe one day.

Edited by bloodygustav

I was on Brandywine from early 2008 until SWTOR launch. My main was Dracobel, lvl 75 Mini, but my first toon was Valgil, lvl 75 Champ. I had lvl 65 Hunter, Cappy and RK, too, but didn't do much with them post-RoI. Dracobel and Valgil's legacies were carried on here (they should put that in 1.3, an ability to create a family tree with toons from other games :p)

RoI made me incredibly mad for several reasons, but I still miss LOTRO terribly. There were so many little details and polishes that I took for granted that TOR just doesn't have, not to mention LOTRO had the best online community I've ever been a part of. Hopefully they'll return to glory with Rohan; I'll definitely pop back over for a while after that releases.

I have been, and generally still am known as Medical Kitt (or simply Med) a hobbit healer from the Vilya Server. I know of a fair number from Vilya that have/had played in SW:ToR scattered (unfortunately) over many servers.

Hiya Jilla! :)

Here, while many still call me Med, my main is a Jedi Shadow named Spirit Bond.

• 3 weeks later...

Barlomi, pie-addicted Hobbit Burglar from Evernight (European Server) here!

Ah, LOTRO, good ol' memories. Until today definetely one of the best MMO's I've played. I should go have a little look again, since I have a lifetime subscription.

Currently playing on Trask Ulgo. Have a lvl 50 BH and IA, currently levelling a Marauder (Yeah, levelling definetely is a lot easier here :))

• 5 weeks later...
LOTRO is definitely worth a look if you haven't been logged in for a while. I still play it a good bit and have a lot of fun. At least check it out when Rohan comes out. That should be a lot of fun to explore. :D

Lauerline player here. Playd lotro since release, not beta tho. Have a toon in every class main was a Cappy. Cappy, Hunter, Mini at 75, the rest at 65

Laurelin too, Lotro player till beta then left just after the turtle raid, though time was split with AoC and Lotro from AoC launch.

Valatour Champ (renamed on Moria).

Valatour Warden..