LOTRO Check-in!

JayneKobb

Former Lord of the Rings Online players, check in here! Post your former server, main toon, class, and forum handle.

As for myself, I come from Gladden. Seedly was my main there with the same name for the forum handle. Played a Guardian, but also had a Captain (Eustice), Minstrel (Helarien), and Hunter (Melbrian) at level cap before RoI.

Really enjoying the Commando Combat Medic spec. Its like a cross between a Hunter and a Minstrel, but with heavy armor and a BFG instead of a bow or a lute. :D It actually plays very similarly to a post-ROI Minstrel, but without the restrictions on heals and less kiting-friendly attacks (i.e. more inductions).

All I have to say, after the last two weeks is Im loving it and I dont ever see myself going back! The only downer has been some of the lol-trolling in the forums. I got spoiled by the community there, which was largely helpful and friendly. Not that you dont find that here, but it sometimes gets lost in the people who go about giving others grief just to be funny.

Still, I am having a blast! How has your transition been?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Brandywine here. My main was my captain Beastwise, and my "primary" alt was my hunter Beastnas.

I'm currently leveling both a Commando and a Scoundrel on Anchorhead, still trying to figure out which one I like more. I was a hardcore Moors PvMP fanatic, so I have to say it's a little mind boggling to see PvP EVERYWHERE on a true PvP server. I do miss the lotro moors community, though quite a few came over with my kin, and I'm sure I'll learn some new names.

I was from Brandywine also, on the forums I was DernagedMuppet, but my main was a lm named Serna, and now I'm a jedi knight guardian named Serna. So far I love the mechanics of this game. Find it kinda funny to already see a name I recognize from lotro on the forums (Beastwise)

Our guild Unity, which is on Red Eclipse, started out 7 years ago in Star Wars Galaxies. We were and still are in lord of the rings online as of today also as the guild (kin) now covers Tor (Unity in light Dark Unity in Dark), Lotro (Gilrain server) and Mincecraft.

Nice to see fellow lotro's. Im currently level 59 there, aiming for 60 so i can unlock the 3rd leg slot and get my 2nd gen leg weapon. (In Moria atm)

Jaiyne (same as here). Play on Landroval, lived in the Moors on my R12 mini for 4 years, now mostly log in for raids. I miss the community in Lotro - there is simply no comparison :cool:

A bunch of our kinnies came over to check it out as well, and we're playing on Helm of Graush, Republic side. I am finishing leveling a Sage and my significant other, Leekae (played a champion in Lotro), has a capped Jedi Sentinel.

Jury is still out for me on SW:TOR PvP. Not a fan of warzones, but I haven't reached Ilum yet, so maybe it will improve when it's more OPvP :)

Edited by Jaiyne

*Captain* Ray here! Landroval vet also... forum handle was rmtk7685. In addition to the Cappy I have a Guard, Hunter, Champ and Burg all capped. Well, wait, since the exp. Only my Cappy and Guard are capped now.

I have to say I'm loving JK - Guardian, though I'm looking forward to the other classes as well. That said, I don't think anything will come close to the love I have for my LotRO Cappy.

I definitely am a fan of the storyline, but I'm not sure I'm liking the PvP and/or the lack of voicechat for PvP.

I'm glad to see the love for LotRO! If you're playing on Begeron Colony then feel free to look me up! :)

Ray, I've got a smuggler and guardian on that server. I second the LOTRO community being the best thing - No replacement for that.

My captain was fairly awesome to play as well. Using In Harms Way/Last Stand to save the fellowship from a wipe always felt so good.

Lergash (see left), played on Landy but was full time creep for the most part. Hey Nibble!

I also miss the great community atmosphere that was part of LOTRO, even when we were hacking each other to pieces. I hope the same sort of comradery forms on the SWTOR servers. (server forums would help)

Edited by Lergash

I am not sure I would say I play LOTRO more like collect pretty cloths and horses and hang out with friends.

LOTRO will always be my go-to game for collecting clothes and horses! I played a LM on Vilya until SWTOR release. As others have said, the LOTRO community was outstanding.

Lergash (see left), played on Landy but was full time creep for the most part. Hey Nibble!

I'm on Iron Citadel right now (Giroux- IA Sniper).

I also miss the great community atmosphere that was part of LOTRO, even when we were hacking each other to pieces. I hope the same sort of comradery forms on the SWTOR servers. (server forums would help)

Hey Lergash!! Hope you're enjoying SWTOR! Are you playing with others from Agony? I haven't found out where Tah is playing yet, even though she's in my kin in Lotro.

I miss a lot about Lotro and will head back over if they ever improve PvP there :)

Hey Lergash!! Hope you're enjoying SWTOR! Are you playing with others from Agony? I haven't found out where Tah is playing yet, even though she's in my kin in Lotro.

I miss a lot about Lotro and will head back over if they ever improve PvP there :)

Yea, I'm having fun so far (with the limited time I have).

Not to long ago I heard that Agony went to the Jung Ma server, so I havn't hooked up with anyone in game. Not sure if I'll roll an alt on Jung Ma or wait to see if Bio allows server trans. at some point.

I thought we were going to roll Iron Citadel (that's why I rolled there in early access), but I don't think everyone was on the same page.

Hope you and Lee are enjoying SWTOR too!