How viable is seer spec for leveling?

Ashkinzt

Hello folks,

To those who may have tried this adventure, how viable was seer spec while leveling?

Around 40+ would a companion's dps + a seer's dps be enough to level in a reasonable amount of time.

Reasonable for me = around 2-3 hours per level in the 40s. I've been leveling great so far with the pure dps tree however I just thought of giving this a try.

I've been using Zenith as my companion.

Any info will be appreciated, thanks!

If you go some kind of force-efficient seer/tk or seer/balance hybrid, you can level super efficiently with very little downtime and still main heal instances and heroics. 21 points into Seer is all you really need, the rest can either go up to Psychic Barrier or Concentration/Telekinetic Effusion, both of which IMO are quite viable. Best of all, you pretty much do both healing and dps efficiently in terms of force usage so you don't have to sit on any GCDs in instances or heroics.

Endgame may see a shift to more specialized builds, but this works great leveling and gives you a huge toolbox with which to play.

Edited by Onager

I just hit 50 on my Seer (also hit 46 in BETA). Its fairly easy, although I do like to group a lot for better gear opportunities and Social points. Solo play is super easy with my companions, Qyzen is a beast at low levels Then I went to Zenith for DPS and faster killing. I learned how to be a very effective healer from my Flashpoints and PVP, so healing dps made it much faster than healing Qyzen

I'm 25 right now and I did my last 5 levels pure Seer. I had no problems leveling and going toe to toe with anything.

Yes you spend more time healing your companion but you are almost guaranteed to outlast any mob between force armors and rejuv.

Plus you always get priority in groups cause Sage healing is the best.