Rather disappointed...

JasonLC

OK so this was was first attempt at a MMO game - typically play MW3 and strategy type games. I obviously must be in the minority as I know many many people are loving the game but I am just missing the appeal - it was very hard to get started, navigate - work out what to do, very little help...I ended up in another galaxy far far away from the start point (and without completing the initial missions) and was basically lost, completely lost with no idea how to get back. I logged a case, no-one answered. So I have ended my subscription on day 2.

Maybe I'm just not cut-out for these type of games...have fun everyone else.

OK so this was was first attempt at a MMO game - typically play MW3 and strategy type games. I obviously must be in the minority as I know many many people are loving the game but I am just missing the appeal - it was very hard to get started, navigate - work out what to do, very little help...I ended up in another galaxy far far away from the start point (and without completing the initial missions) and was basically lost, completely lost with no idea how to get back. I logged a case, no-one answered. So I have ended my subscription on day 2.

You should not give up that easily. Did you not ask for help in General chat? If so, perhaps the community on your server is horrible and you shoudl try and reroll on a more "social" friendly server.

That said the game is not hard at all. It uses WoW mechanics that even a lobotomized chimpanzee can master. Your real issue is the lack of community on your server or your refusal to ask them for assistance. MMORPGs are about socializing and grouping up with others, not solo play without asking for assistance.

/ForcePersuation on/

This is not the game you're looking for

/ForcePersuation off/

If you're lost in this game, don't ever try a sandbox MMO.

It's an amusemant park that guides you along the way, and IMO does a pretty good job. It's an MMO. Your best resource is the chat window. Hundreds of people will gladly answer your questions to get you started. All you needed to do was ask.

Edited by Owsley

I am surprise that you get lost from the beginning. The game initially tells you to go from point A to B (on the same area) and even have tooltips telling you how to navigate and play.

That said, when you go "far far away" the green indicator on your map WITH legends will tell you where to go. It works on elevators (taking your ship) and telling you go where you need to go UNLESS you untrack all your mission then you would have to figure it out on your own (or re-track it which you have to manually to either)

Each of the points are well label saying where it would go. I would assume you somehow end up on the station (respective location for rebel or empire) even there you could ask for help in general chat for direction.

Again.. You get 30 days for free. Are you telling me that you quit 2 days into your FREE 30 days?

Also this is my first MMO as well. Do you not have friends who play this game? I joined my friends Guild who have played MMOs before and they have directed me so that i know what i am supposed to do. I agree for new players there are some things that are not helpful like the some of the quests. They tell you to do something but don't tell you what you are looking for.

I am having fun, well i was till i hit Balmorra (too many missions on this world). I suggest starting over and joining a guild. Try a different class. If you join a guild make sure you are the same as them ( Dark side or light side) that way they can help you on your hard quests.

MMO's take a while to learn and get use to. Once you understand what you are doing it will get easier. I wouldn't throw in the towel yet. Everyone starts out like this when they are new. You should give it another shot and stick it out. You have barely even seen anything this game has to offer 2 days in.

Note: my wife is much a MMO player, but she REALLY loves SWTOR. I do believe the actual voice and character interaction (your chara speaks also unlike other MMO) which is pretty awesome and engaging. I hope you don't give up too quickly especially with the free 30 days.

Being an avid MMO'er(??) I found the tips to be extremely helpful, especially for a new player. The starting zones are fairly linear and extremely good at pointing you in the direction that you need to go. As long as you follow the tips it's VERY hard to get lost.

Follow the green triangle/arrow click L for your log, go to the class section find the name of that quest open up your map and look for it. Look for any green/yellow triangles or green arrows pointing in a doorway those are where you either have to turn in quests or have quest there or in the structure. The radar looking icon is also a quest icon, it means you either have to kill people within that given area, loot from that area or disable/destroy blue lighted up objects in that area. Bonus missions are missions that give you bonus xp if you complete them, they're usually the usual kill 10 wolves missions, bonus series (usually 3 or 4 steps) usually end up with you turning the quests into a dropbox terminal and getting a good amount of credits and crap loads of xp, maybe even an item. hope that helps

Again.. You get 30 days for free. Are you telling me that you quit 2 days into your FREE 30 days?

Also this is my first MMO as well. Do you not have friends who play this game? I joined my friends Guild who have played MMOs before and they have directed me so that i know what i am supposed to do. I agree for new players there are some things that are not helpful like the some of the quests. They tell you to do something but don't tell you what you are looking for.

I am having fun, well i was till i hit Balmorra (too many missions on this world). I suggest starting over and joining a guild. Try a different class. If you join a guild make sure you are the same as them ( Dark side or light side) that way they can help you on your hard quests.

Why people say "30 free days" ? You just pay for dam game 60-150 euro/$ and you call it free ? :p Even when NEXT 30 days is only 15 euro/$ ?? World of Warcraft is free. You can play until lvl 20 as long as you want and you can even stay at lvl 20 and do nothing. That's free. TOR is not free. They don't even have trials like other MMO (probably affraid that people will quit after 7-14 days).

Why people say "30 free days" ? You just pay for dam game 60-150 euro/$ and you call it free ? :p Even when NEXT 30 days is only 15 euro/$ ?? World of Warcraft is free. You can play until lvl 20 as long as you want and you can even stay at lvl 20 and do nothing. That's free. TOR is not free. They don't even have trials like other MMO (probably affraid that people will quit after 7-14 days).

you are correct. Technically it is not "free" but included. Since we don't pay anything extra for the 30 days, most of us consider it "free" (it is a mindset thing but technically you are correct)

WoW was only "free" upto level 20 later in the game. Before it was same as TOR if I remember correctly. Later they DID release 7 day free trial on the initial game only. Now they are trying to get new members hence WoW release upto level 20 free.

You do realize that WoW and every other MMO at release does not have trials, correct? Free trials come later. You realize that WOW is not free to play and that play to level 20 forever is still a trial and severely limits what you can do right? (You can't invite other players to group, you can't use mail, you can't use the auction house, you can't get more than a certain amount of gold, 10G I think, ect. ect.)

TOR is not free, you have to buy a product code, you also have to pay for a subscription every month but when you buy the product code you get that FIRST MONTH FREE. It's free, you can justify it anyway you want and say it's not free but if it wasn't free then we'd be buying the product code then immediately paying another $15 for that first month instead of getting it FREE.

BTW If you want to give an example of a free game you should use one that you actually get most of the content for free like DDO and LOTRO.

Edited by Dasffion