Letter to Steven Reid about lack of customer support

Badgeking

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why was this thread moved out of the Customer Support forum? We are wanting some customer support, it should have stayed there. No message or anything that says why it was moved. STOP HIDING IN THE SHADOWS AND TALK TO THE COMMUNITY!!!! Without us, you have no game!

Because it's not a customer support issue, but general discussion about customer support? Just as a guess.

Completely agree, in all my years of gaming this has been the worst customer service I have ever encountered. They just close tickets to puff up their daily numbers, without ever resolving the issues or caring to actually provide customer support.

I have 13 grey quests I cannot abandon, and despite numerous customer support tickets and even talking to a supervisor via the in game chat support all my tickets just get immediately closed without any resolution or even more than a generic response...

Completely agree, in all my years of gaming this has been the worst customer service I have ever encountered. They just close tickets to puff up their daily numbers, without ever resolving the issues or caring to actually provide customer support.

I have 13 grey quests I cannot abandon, and despite numerous customer support tickets and even talking to a supervisor via the in game chat support all my tickets just get immediately closed without any resolution or even more than a generic response...

Have you tried calling them btw?

In the first 2 weeks I had numerous problems with my account info, and logging in general, I was directed to their phone numbers, they do resolve the issues there, however I spent my 1000 minutes/month i get for international calls

Have you tried calling them btw?

In the first 2 weeks I had numerous problems with my account info, and logging in general, I was directed to their phone numbers, they do resolve the issues there, however I spent my 1000 minutes/month i get for international calls

Yeah, you'd think a billion dollar company could afford an 800 line for customer support, huh?

Yeah, you'd think a billion dollar company could afford an 800 line for customer support, huh?

They have them. They even have toll free numbers in other countries, but NOT in every country.

Just because it's toll free here in the states doesn't mean it's toll free worldwide. MANY countries have to pay per minute just to get in and call support.

If it is a bug report which a majority of it is then that's all you're going to get. They aren't going to be able to fix your problem on the spot. They are going to tell you it has to be addressed in a future patch. If it's more pressing than oh say a "CODEX ENTRY" that's missing like a story quest not quite working then maybe 2nd tier support can do something but a canned response to bugs is all you're going to get.

EA/BioWare's decision to not hire any real people for CS and to give their entire company three weeks off after TOR's release will cost them 400,000 lost subscriptions within the first two months. I've also had petitions in-game for over TWO WEEKS with the only response being the absolutely insulting auto-bot garbage. Combined with zero communication from the devs since release, not having level 50s in their own queue for warzones, end-game raiding being bugged to being nearly non-playable, and countless thousands of bugs, this is shaping up to be a major disaster of a release.

EA/BioWare's decision to not hire any real people for CS and to give their entire company three weeks off after TOR's release will cost them 400,000 lost subscriptions within the first two months. I've also had petitions in-game for over TWO WEEKS with the only response being the absolutely insulting auto-bot garbage. Combined with zero communication from the devs since release, not having level 50s in their own queue for warzones, end-game raiding being bugged to being nearly non-playable, and countless thousands of bugs, this is shaping up to be a major disaster of a release.

Where did they say they took 3 weeks off? Who did the two patches if they took 3 weeks off? Also look in the dev tracker there has been plenty of communication. I hope if all 400,000 are a bunch of people who rush to end game in a newly launched MMO and cry because the end game isnt polished. Hello mcfly most people arent even close to the level cap yet. Honestly I wish if all 400,000 are spoiled entitlement children like you they all leave and never come back. The other million+ of us will have fun in the game.

+1op and renegadeimp who has been giving support to folks nontheless. :D

anyway, i would just come back later, if at all. i too thought, maybe this time around will be better, but they completly screwed themselfs over with the release date and whatnot, which is probably a stockmarket policy, we are facing here. ;)

overall i wont think of bioware as bioware anymore, but just as another ea division, where major decision get made elswhere.

also this ea is known for poor customer support.

that way they can cprofit more from you.

Edited by Ommm

I just logged in to find the customer support ticket I submitted 12 hours ago has not been replied to. That is the most pathetic customer service I have experienced with any game I have played.

My friend is sitting on a 4 month old ticket for WoW.

And I'm sitting on a 1 1/2 month old ticket for Vindictus.

If this is a competition then you lose :p

I just logged in to find the customer support ticket I submitted 12 hours ago has not been replied to. That is the most pathetic customer service I have experienced with any game I have played.

First MMO you've ever played?

Where did they say they took 3 weeks off? Who did the two patches if they took 3 weeks off? Also look in the dev tracker there has been plenty of communication. I hope if all 400,000 are a bunch of people who rush to end game in a newly launched MMO and cry because the end game isnt polished. Hello mcfly most people arent even close to the level cap yet. Honestly I wish if all 400,000 are spoiled entitlement children like you they all leave and never come back. The other million+ of us will have fun in the game.

I keeps seeing people talking about how many posts there are in the dev tracker. It's not a lot of posts. It's a lot of basic status info (ie. . . we're disabling forum posting while we have the servers down for maintenance; but hey, at least we didn't take the whole site down this time) in 3 different languages with an occasional big post written as defensively as a teenager who is late for his curfew would communicate. (Another hint, BW, always going on the defensive and trying to shrug off any blame with your posts tends to get people more riled than simply posting- misunderstood about the grace period, anyone?) is not a lot of communication. Look at the actual substance of the dev tracker and the dates of the posts. You'll see nothing, nothing, cluster of 3 posts in different languages, nothing, nothing, defensive post, nothing, nothing. . . Yet if you look at SR's twitter feed you'll see constant replies and posts, and some of them are even new info on occasion (though, admittedly, most are just the same few questions being answered over and over).

Yes, my post is a bit hostile in tone. I think SR and the majority of the "community" team, including the customer support division, have done a very poor job.

And, btw, while I'm not even close to end-game yet (on any of my 4 characters ;) ), can we please move on from the whole "blah, blah, you rushed to 50, blah, blah, your fault for actually playing the game you bought" posting? Sure, I kind of agreed with the general gist of that on December 22nd, but it's been plenty long enough for a lot of people to have gotten to 50 without having skipped a single quest or cutscene.

Giving this thread a bump since it was moved to the general chat area. The only reason why I can think this CUSTOMER SERVICE issue was moved out of the customer service forum was so that they hoped it would become buried in a bunch of other posts. Please everybody, lets keep this thread alive! We need an answer on WHY customer service is so bad, WHAT they are going to do about it, and WHEN it will be done.

EA/BioWare's decision to not hire any real people for CS and to give their entire company three weeks off after TOR's release will cost them 400,000 lost subscriptions within the first two months. .

Where did you get that tripe from? The ME dev team took a vacation because they can. The TOR teams on the other hand no.