Letter to Steven Reid about lack of customer support

Badgeking

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone actually read what his rage post was about? What his problem was?

His security key was scratched. It works just fine, but he is upset because it was scratched.

A scratched security key gave birth to this monstrosity of a thread.

One person made a thread about their scratched security key, then others also voiced opinions at lack of customer and/or community support.

Whilst the OPs specific issue may be rather minor, that does not really account for much at all regarding the general subject.

When it comes to GMs and other areas of communication there are cross overs perhaps?

To have all customer service completely isolated from the community team to me would be the same as making the community support efforts no different to that of the marketing department.

And community support treated as general marketing sounds like a recipe for disaster in the long run. :p

There is a significant relationship between communicating clearly and showing awareness of concerns and efforts to address common problems, that aren't really related to "Here's another promotional update video!" and "Here's this weeks Q&A of questions we felt could be answered with a positive spin!"

community support? it's not even that. It's community managing, as in press releases, public demos, etc. Not in any way shape or form related to support or helping people and their problems. You don't ask a concert promoter why the lights aren't operating like they should do you? No, you ask the tech guys. EXACT SAME SCENARIO HERE.

I don't know about you guys but the customer support on here is terrible! I mean seriously this has got to be the worst support team in MMO history. Sad to say but this will be the downfall of this game. I've spent 13 days waiting for a response on the ticket I sent in and im now beginning to think I should just stop playing because this isn't the first ticket I have sent in and some response droid just blows me off! :mad:

Seriously bioware, can you get even lower than you already are with your customers? I love this game and have been playing since december but im seriously thinking of canceling my subscription and I'll be happily to knock myself out the front door while im at it too.

Edited by DuckKing

I've stopped submitting tickets because it's a waste of time. I know that I won't get a reply for days and when I do it's going to be some canned answer that 95% of the time doesn't relate in any way to the ticket I've opened. Then I'm just going to be told "Thank you for reporting this blah blah it's being transferred to another team." and then it's closed. I don't actually receive any support at all. I have yet to actually have interaction with a gm and for all I know it's just a script that sorts by keyword and closes which would explain the plethora of stupid responses I've received. Basically this game has no customer service and that more than anything will likely be it's downfall.

Well written, OP. Nicely put.

Everyone here wants this game to succeed. I mean who wants to go back to Kung-Fu Panda, the MMO?

This game has the potential to lead the pack for years to come and topple Blizzard from their mountain of gold. The problem is, people wont pay for a product that isn't supported.

As someone before me mentioned, we expect bugs, we expect hotfixes. No MMO in the last decade has launched without teething problems. What we DON'T expect is canned copy/paste answers and a lack of 'care' from the so-called "Customer Support"

If you plan on making this game the success it deserves to be, take a long, hard look at the problems your paying customers are informing you of on these very forums.

...then act on them.

...then fire your current CSR's and rehire people who actually give a damn and who have at least half a clue.

Well written, OP. Nicely put.

Sadly, he might not hear you. His last post was 1/8. His last activity was 3/18.

This was necro'd somewhere on page 31.

Though, now that I think of it, it's almost the only way to keep a given topic alive. I was going to make a usual 'thanks for necroing' comment (which usually involves referencing something from the mid-70s), but realized he probably went looking for a post to 'raise' with plenty of pages that suited what he wanted to say, rather than make his own post, which would surely have been closed down.

Well, that and my recent "we don't support mice in our PC based game" notification has left me no choice but to also thank the original poster.

Who may no longer be here. :(

I don't know about you guys but the customer support on here is terrible! I mean seriously this has got to be the worst support team in MMO history. Sad to say but this will be the downfall of this game. I've spent 13 days waiting for a response on the ticket I sent in and im now beginning to think I should just stop playing because this isn't the first ticket I have sent in and some response droid just blows me off! :mad:

Seriously bioware, can you get even lower than you already are with your customers? I love this game and have been playing since december but im seriously thinking of canceling my subscription and I'll be happily to knock myself out the front door while im at it too.

you obviously haven't played that many mmos. This is is bad, but there are mmos that have been MUCH worse.

Sadly, he might not hear you. His last post was 1/8. His last activity was 3/18.

This was necro'd somewhere on page 31.

Though, now that I think of it, it's almost the only way to keep a given topic alive. I was going to make a usual 'thanks for necroing' comment (which usually involves referencing something from the mid-70s), but realized he probably went looking for a post to 'raise' with plenty of pages that suited what he wanted to say, rather than make his own post, which would surely have been closed down.

Well, that and my recent "we don't support mice in our PC based game" notification has left me no choice but to also thank the original poster.

Who may no longer be here. :(

Sadly Stephen Reid is a Community Manager:

Core Responsibilities:

Post content updates on social channels and websites including news updates, announcements, product updates, and contests.

Monitor external blogs, social networking sites and forums, participating in the conversation as needed.

Research news stories featuring BioWare content from key media outlets.

Maintain a neutral and professional online presence, resolving community issues if necessary.

Assist with drafting reports including community sentiment/activity, metrics, trends, and emergent game play.

Reach new audiences across various platforms to increase product and brand awareness.

Support other members of the online team with community-related tasks.---------------

Stephen Reid is NOT apart of the customer service dept. Never has, Never will. Not trying to overly defend the guy since he's not particularly my favorite CM in video game history, he shouldn't be blamed for things that don't even fall under his job description OR department.