Wondering who's getting in when? CHECK HERE.

Aurinax

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't preorder until the 13th, mainly because I just forgot. I think this is a perfectly logical way to do a roll out and manage a massive influx of players. At least they did a double roll out today, so I may get in tomorrow.

Also, can all the people flameposting tell me if they will be playing Republic or Empire so I can make sure I'm opposite of most of you.

12.13.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Standard Edition

11.15.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch

11.15.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Standard Edition Pre-Order

11/06-11/25 - In for Early Access! - (12/15-12/15)

Why cannot I still play? If supposedly did I already get invitations?

Alright, OP is up to date as of about half an hour ago. Going to start the updates again tomorrow morning with the new waves. Most if not all of everyone should be in tomorrow, in my OPINION.

However, you guys who are complaining that they didn't get to your particular december date... I understand it sucks to not get in today, but they got people in up to mid-day December 7th. last night they said they would only get people in up until the last week of November.

Also, they only guaranteed a maximum of 5 days of Early Access, or any amount under that to 1 day. They got how many of us in with 5-7 days? And only a small amount of procrastinators get 4? Which is STILL 3 more days than the minimum?

If you look at it from an objective point of view, they absolutely SHATTERED expectations.

who did you order through?

My pre-order was made in November, and I never received the code until the 9th of this month. Had I received it on time, I would have been allowed in today.

I've been rather patient, and have gotten on the case of many people who think they're entitled to more than Bioware has promised them over the last couple days. The pissing and moaning that's pervaded these forums is a testament to the "gimme gimme" mindset that unfortunately seems most prevalent in my country of origin.

But all this doesn't mean I don't have the right to feel annoyed over the situation, and your flagrant disregard of anybody else's point of view only stokes the fire, my friend.

When Social Security was implemented there was a ratior of 65+ working persons per 1 person collecting. It is now down to 8 wroking persons to 1 person collecting.

Where do you think the money for the handouts you expect will come from in the next 20 years?

Ohh sorry, you morons haven't thought that far ahead.

I can understand your frustration with some of the people acting like children, but is that really called for?

Edited by SpectreKR

I'm really confused. According to your post I should be in already. I per-ordered and entered my code July 31st. So did some of us just fall through the cracks? And yes, I have checked my junk mail, I've done a word search for things like "early" "game" "star wars" and "old republic". So its not hidden in my emails.

Alright, OP is up to date as of about half an hour ago. Going to start the updates again tomorrow morning with the new waves. Most if not all of everyone should be in tomorrow, in my OPINION.

However, you guys who are complaining that they didn't get to your particular december date... I understand it sucks to not get in today, but they got people in up to mid-day December 7th. last night they said they would only get people in up until the last week of November.

Also, they only guaranteed a maximum of 5 days of Early Access, or any amount under that to 1 day. They got how many of us in with 5-7 days? And only a small amount of procrastinators get 4? Which is STILL 3 more days than the minimum?

If you look at it from an objective point of view, they absolutely SHATTERED expectations.

IDK where you got your expectations from but most of us they did not meet ours. Yes ppl playing now can say they did meet theirs but on the 13th they were saying otherwise.

Well I finally figured out why I am not in yet, I oreder my copy on 11-3-2011 and just found out that I should have put in my code at my account page right away well I did not until 2 days ago so my fault I did not realize it, the email I got did not tell me to and I thougth I would not be able to until I was ready to start playing. Hope to see you all soon.

Confirmed :)

12.15.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to play

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12.06.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12.06.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order

Now I await the longest 2.5 hours in my life....

Confirmed :)

12.15.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to play

12.06.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch

12.06.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order

Now I await the longest 2.5 hours in my life....

Haha. Good luck, Sun!

IDK where you got your expectations from but most of us they did not meet ours. Yes ppl playing now can say they did meet theirs but on the 13th they were saying otherwise.

Most people apparently cant read. For months my expectations was:

-A staggered EGA launch, with players who redeemed early getting the full five days, and waves of players to be given access over the course of five days. No grace period.

Instead, we got:

-A staggered EGA launch with players who redeemed early getting not only the full five days but also two extra days, with waves of players getting in a full two days early as well. GRACE PERIOD.

The expectation was that you would get 5 days MAXIMUM of early access, and even then only if you were one of the first to pre-order. They then changed it to 7 days MAXIMUM. Again, even then only if you were one of the first to order.

And now for them to get FIVE DAYS even for people who pre-ordered EIGHT DAYS AGO? That is absolutely amazing, considering the fact that people who just pre-ordered originally thought it wouldn't be until the last day or two that they'd get in.

Just face it, they absolutely obliterated any doubt that this Early Access staggering would work.

Then please take your toys and go home. You are getting in tomorrow. On day 4 of their UP TO 5 day commitment.

People these days...

If your expectations were to get in on the FIRST DAY of a newly released MMPORG of this magnitude then I am sorry but you have no real firm grasp of reality.

I am sorry but I am sick and tired of the entitled people. The world would be better ....... .....

Yeah I will give them that, they did get in a ton of people in for the 5-7 day's worth of early access, and many many people were thinking that if they got their code in on nov or later that they may not have access until he 18th or 19th, so fairly good job.

Still think it's funnoy how they can get 5 months worth of people in just 3 days, but it'll take them a full day (maybe 2 at worst case) to get only 1 week's worth LOL.

From that standpoint, it was an epic fail to those that have to wait the extra day, however from the optomistic standpoint, yes they did extremely well, better than most other MMO's out there.

Like I said though, you will find one or two people here and there that will cancel their order, get their cash back, and bash on the fact that they couldn't get in...they don't care that it said "UP TO"....their minds translated it as "you get 5 days". They'll rage and make youtube videos and post on so many other forums and get so many people worked up about it...just look at WoW for example: The Warlocks, that class was just fine and was actually quite a bit "too powerful", but it only took one flammer to complain and make a video about it how he/she thought it sucked, and from there you had tens of thousands starting to complain, yet their complaints were completely invalid, and that was proven by math, and many others who even werent elitists, but simply common casuals that could prove just how powerful they were...

point is...like I said, it takes sooo many attempts to just win over one customer, but that ONE customer that gets pissed off and decides to bash it, can easily take 10,000 people or more and convince them not to be a customer, even though the argument may be invalid. Look at how many posts there are on the forums already of people talking trash and hating and saying they'll cancel and stuff....trust me, "drama" gets out much much faster, and most Americans crave drama...they'll see the hate, and hudnreds of thousands of potential clients will simply say "woooah...n/m, not gonna get this, not if it was that bad!" rather than trying it out for themselves...that's how business works unfortunately...

I, for one, can't wait until tomorrow so I can enjoy my gaming experience with this new MMO! I've been waiting for quite some time, so waiting one more day won't kill me! But, I can also see the pesamistic side to it....just because of 8 day's of preorders left, and they can't get in yet, people will complain and make EA/BW look bad (as they already have all over the web on many forums, look for yourself if you like), their chances of gaining new customers has fallen, and their chances of loosing potential customers has increased by a massive amount.

let's just hope that things go on a more optomistic path ^.^

I"m thinking of playing SWKotoR I and II non-stop until tomorrow just sort of as a "warm up" if you will lol. Hopefully I'll be done with both of those by the time I gain access tomorrow. It will feel more epic that way I guess lol.