Do NOT break warfronts into brackets!

Slamz

One of the major selling points with this game is that I can tell people that "at least you can group with us for warfronts once you hit level 10".

This is a major feature because otherwise there's simply no way for various friends to even play together short of constantly starting over every time someone new joins the game.

Also, because I *did* start over recently to level up with a friend, I can tell you that as a level 10-16 agent (sniper) I have scored #1 in damage multiple times, even with multiple level 50s in the group and have several times been solely responsible for sneaking in a door bomb or preventing several enemies from tapping a control (fragmentation grenade + one corrosive dart per target).

There is no good reason to have brackets.

There are good reasons not to.

Its all up to you bro , bring in them friends , more then the pvpers that are moving on and out of here?

If they are quitting because there are no brackets, then they are not PvPers. They are crybabies and good riddance to them.

The lack of brackets is one of the best features of this game's warfront system. I should have screenshot the match today where 4 level 50s were moaning because there was a level 15 (me) and a level 12 (a guildmate) in a Voidstar match.

I ended up #1 in damage in a defensive shutout of the other team and my guildmate personally set 2 successful door bombs and opened the bridge on offense.

The level adjustment system is brilliant.

The complainers will suck just as bad in a bracketed system and it will ruin a great feature.

If they are quitting because there are no brackets, then they are not PvPers. They are crybabies and good riddance to them.

The lack of brackets is one of the best features of this game's warfront system. I should have screenshot the match today where 4 level 50s were moaning because there was a level 15 (me) and a level 12 (a guildmate) in a Voidstar match.

I ended up #1 in damage in a defensive shutout of the other team and my guildmate personally set 2 successful door bombs and opened the bridge on offense.

The level adjustment system is brilliant.

The complainers will suck just as bad in a bracketed system and it will ruin a great feature.

This means nothing. One match and you are talking smack ? Please roll your character on a PvP server, get in the WZ against a level 50 pre-made team of four. Try to kill one of them.

i think this is a pretty good idea the way the have the warzone set out

BUT

i think once you hit level 50 and have the choice to get pvp gear which gives expertise etc which makes you better vs players

i then begin to think its unfair

i went in a warzone earlier on my lvl 11 operative... had a lvl 50 full pvp gear assasin open on me with like 14k Hp hitting me for 4k, i hit him once for 1k...

i know its not balanced due to level difference

BUT i think maybe what they should do is have it so

when you hit level 50 you can CHOOSE to go in to a lvl 50 only warzone which gives more pvp point rewards

but you can still go in to warzones with every level

this is just so it doesnt Subjugate everyone else against good geared level 50 constantly

This means nothing. One match and you are talking smack ? Please roll your character on a PvP server, get in the WZ against a level 50 pre-made team of four. Try to kill one of them.

Don't confuse "level advantage" with "teamwork advantage" which is exactly what you're doing.

My alt is valor level 10 at level 16, so I'm pretty comfortable saying the balance is good enough to have fun with and sometimes even top the charts as a low level.

And yes, I'm on a PvP server.

I dominate regularly with my level 35 Bounty Hunter (Powertech) too -- he's valor level 32.

Don't confuse "level advantage" with "teamwork advantage" which is exactly what you're doing.

My alt is valor level 10 at level 16, so I'm pretty comfortable saying the balance is good enough to have fun with and sometimes even top the charts as a low level.

I dominate regularly with my level 35 Bounty Hunter (Powertech) too -- he's valor level 32.

Please don't confuse your talking with not thinking. This is not teamwork advantage, lvl 50's have expertise gear and they have significant damage reduction and damage increase. Its nearly impossible to kill even a lvl lower. The pvp bracket is fine until lvl 50's show up.

Ya...wait till you come across a BH merc with full pvp gear sitting there doing /laugh and healing himself while 4 people are attacking him... PvP needs brackets, simple as that. People going in solo are only going to get pissed off when they get facerolled by a level 50 in full pvp.

If you don't want brackets then how about groups queuing up for pvp only be paired with other groups and solo be thrown into WZ with other solo queue. Cuz I dunno about you, but I'm getting tired of doing my pvp daily only to see a full team of 50's vs my team of nothing but players under level 20.

Simple fact, PvP is not balanced right now, and if you are under 50, you are simply something to be farmed.

Let's see how your 35 bounty hunter does against a level 50 anything with expertise. Now see how you do against two, three, four.

Ya...wait till you come across a BH merc with full pvp gear sitting there doing /laugh and healing himself while 4 people are attacking him...

None of those 4 people have any sorts of interrupts?

No.

They do have them.

Do they use them? Do they use them at the right time?

Some people spam DPS and those people won't get any better with brackets.

Incidentally, also realize that PvP brackets are better balanced than open world PvP. There are level 50s that our 50s meet in open world that destroy us but in warfronts they aren't nearly as much trouble. I think the boost largely takes "PvP gear" into account.

Edited by Slamz

The only bracket id like to see is once you hit 50. Its just silly to match people with access to expertise against people who have no access to expertise. If you don't understand this concept then you don't have a desire for actual competition. Only small minded fools enjoy stomping on folks with no chance.

The issue isn't the difference in levels. Bolster does a perfect job of balancing that out. The problem lies in the level 50 gear that carries a stat called "Expertise". This stat boosts your outgoing damage by a percent (maxed at 20%) while those attacking you have a severe damage mitigation debuff of a percent (maxed at 20%). So essentially, if you're decked out in expertise, you're walking around with a 40% advantage. THAT is why 50s need their own bracket.

Obviously a single lvl 50 bracket and 1-49 bracket would not hurt OP "leveling with friends" experience, now would it ?

For every OP low level sniper, there are low level warriors, that are more a liability than asset to their team, because they lack all their good abilities.

Geared max level people, truly ruin the bracket atm. Not speaking about premades, where the difference is even more noticeable.

Yesterday I was in match where there was 5 out of 8 imps 50, with most of them above 15k hps, while our team had highest 44....surely it is matter of teamwork eh ?

The issue isn't the difference in levels. Bolster does a perfect job of balancing that out. The problem lies in the level 50 gear that carries a stat called "Expertise". This stat boosts your outgoing damage by a percent (maxed at 20%) while those attacking you have a severe damage mitigation debuff of a percent (maxed at 20%). So essentially, if you're decked out in expertise, you're walking around with a 40% advantage. THAT is why 50s need their own bracket.

Not to speak about the awful amount of endurance...

Edited by Dalnar

OP you obviously don't understand what expertise is do you.

I have a 40 Marauder, pure dps, with a nice attack that even reduces healing on a target by 20%. Guess what. A lvl 50 Healer in pvp gear just stood there healing the crap out of his team/self and didn't care I was attack him. Why because it was like hitting a brick wall. my highest crit on him was 979. Where on another non-50 sorcerer that crit would normally do 2000-3000 damage.

Yeah...but that level 10 is useless to a group of 50s. Why?

Not because of gear. Not because of stats. But because of the lack of character abilities. Plain and simple.

Without brackets the pvp just isn't balanced. And that's basically supposed to be the point of instanced pvp areas like the warzones here; balanced fights.

I have a 40 Marauder

Obviously you have no personal experience with it either.

The 50s in my guild have compared stats. In some cases, they have found low levels with higher stats than the people in near full champ gear, once the warzone buffs are on.

What you're saying is certainly true for open world PvP. People with champ+ gear will own the fresh 50s. In warfronts, we're not seeing it. I think it's your imagination. I bet half the "unkillables" you thought you saw weren't even level 50.

Bolster seems to take at least full champ gear into account, if not more.

I have had many games just like this when I was leveling my warrior and BH. I honestly think that so many people complain because this isnt their safe WoW. They see a level 50 and think oh man this is WoW Im gonna die when this is SWTOR there is bolstering you will be just fine if you play smart. I think most people just need practice at this game

I have a 40 Marauder, pure dps, with a nice attack that even reduces healing on a target by 20%. Guess what. A lvl 50 Healer in pvp gear just stood there healing the crap out of his team/self and didn't care I was attack him. Why because it was like hitting a brick wall. my highest crit on him was 979. Where on another non-50 sorcerer that crit would normally do 2000-3000 damage.

Healers are some of the most resilient individual in this game. They're shrug off hits from a single level 50 character just fine even in comparable gear. In a 1 on 1 the most you can hope for is to make sure the healer has to heal himself instead of other people, but if you can do that you pretty much neutralized his effectiveness so that's good enough.