Actually - the troll did have a good point to make...

FadeXF

Who's to say that this whole 7 days early gig really isn't just a method for Bioware to make sure they get a solid footing in before anyone else can...

"Why don't they just dupe items/create credits with their GM toons?" - because that is much much too obvious... far better to pretend to protect the integrity of the game and just make sure all of your close friend's emails were on the list for first wave of release.

Can you tell me... with 100% certainty... that not 1 single email on the 1st wave on entrants was a friend or family member WHO DID NOT pre-order the game back in July or whenever? Can you tell me... to my face... without lying?

I actually didn't even think of this angle until someone posted it... it actually does make a lot of sense... they can do whatever they want. Slip in the presidents email address even if he didn't pre-order. It's actually a perfect cover, really.

Don't tell me that guilds like Nihelem (spelling?) or others DON'T make a profit of some kind by attaining "world firsts" and such... they do. So why wouldn't companies attempt to support them... pull strings and make sure their guys get on the servers first... and have the greatest chances of success.

This was such a terrible terrible idea... I am starting to feel quite ripped off to tell you the truth. My main character names... alts... clever bank toon names... all of them will be gone... and someone can easily log in to every single server with no server queues and just snag every single cool name just so someone else doesn't have it. That's not right, sorry Bioware... it just isn't. If everyone had server queues then you would think we all would have equal rights to names.... but now? Forget it.

Not to mention crafting items... etc etc.... I am already SOOOO far behind now... even 1 day is enough to set you back thousands of credits and crafting levels.

Anywhoo... this is relating to SWTOR and go ahead and lock out/delete another post, Bioware. Shutting us up this way is simply not looking good on you. And no - I have never posted before... and yes, I pre-ordered like 2-3 months ago.

As I said in another thread, this early access thing reeks corruption. I never played any BioWare game and the first impression is pretty bad.

I am attracted to the game because it is a Star War MMO.

Who's to say that this whole 7 days early gig really isn't just a method for Bioware to make sure they get a solid footing in before anyone else can...

"Why don't they just dupe items/create credits with their GM toons?" - because that is much much too obvious... far better to pretend to protect the integrity of the game and just make sure all of your close friend's emails were on the list for first wave of release.

Can you tell me... with 100% certainty... that not 1 single email on the 1st wave on entrants was a friend or family member WHO DID NOT pre-order the game back in July or whenever? Can you tell me... to my face... without lying?

I actually didn't even think of this angle until someone posted it... it actually does make a lot of sense... they can do whatever they want. Slip in the presidents email address even if he didn't pre-order. It's actually a perfect cover, really.

Don't tell me that guilds like Nihelem (spelling?) or others DON'T make a profit of some kind by attaining "world firsts" and such... they do. So why wouldn't companies attempt to support them... pull strings and make sure their guys get on the servers first... and have the greatest chances of success.

This was such a terrible terrible idea... I am starting to feel quite ripped off to tell you the truth. My main character names... alts... clever bank toon names... all of them will be gone... and someone can easily log in to every single server with no server queues and just snag every single cool name just so someone else doesn't have it. That's not right, sorry Bioware... it just isn't. If everyone had server queues then you would think we all would have equal rights to names.... but now? Forget it.

Not to mention crafting items... etc etc.... I am already SOOOO far behind now... even 1 day is enough to set you back thousands of credits and crafting levels.

Anywhoo... this is relating to SWTOR and go ahead and lock out/delete another post, Bioware. Shutting us up this way is simply not looking good on you. And no - I have never posted before... and yes, I pre-ordered like 2-3 months ago.

Your account is from last month.

But I'm sure a friend or two is playing right now.

Don't worry so much, it's a long game.

No, it really isnt...........unless by long game you mean leveling EVERY class from 1-50.....then maybe.....but one character 1-50 and doing all ops/fps .......no , its a pretty short game.

No, I cannot.

Mostly because you're on the other side of a series of tubes.

It's a conspiracy. Probably the communists. Quick, cancel your preorder.

There's no conspiracy about it. Guarantee me that:

1) Family didn't get bypassed straight to wave 1

2) Friends didn't get bypassed straight to wave 1

3) NVIDA or whomever didn't get 50-100 emails they could specify get wave 1

4) Companies supporting some guild didn't get their guys into wave 1

You can't, can you.

If I can't get on a server that is freshly booted up at the time of my invite... with absolutely zero level 20+ people on it... I won't be playing this game even though I paid for the pre-order. They can have the cost of the game... I won't even play 1 day of it.

I am paying for equal footing... everyone starting the exact same time as me. I'm not paying an MMO game to have someone already dominating all aspects of the game from day minus 7. How is that even fair.

How is it even fair that any cool name I've had in the past won't even be available to me now because someone snaked on to every single server (with no server line up) and locked it down... plus any cool bank alt names... or alts.... How can you look anyone here in the eye and say: "that's right... that is totally 100% the right way this should go down."

As I said in another thread, this early access thing reeks corruption. I never played any BioWare game and the first impression is pretty bad.

I am attracted to the game because it is a Star War MMO.

Same here. Not a good first impression with my first bioware game.

+ i'm here for the PvP. And the reason for my pre-order was EGA, to get headstart over other people who don't pre-order and equal start with those who do pre-order. Instead, it is not equal because of this staggering/rolling.... It matters to me in (world) PvP stand point of view, and carebears cannot understant that.

There's no conspiracy about it. Guarantee me that:

1) Family didn't get bypassed straight to wave 1

2) Friends didn't get bypassed straight to wave 1

3) NVIDA or whomever didn't get 50-100 emails they could specify get wave 1

4) Companies supporting some guild didn't get their guys into wave 1

Ok:

1) They didn't, they probably got in before Wave 1.

2) Read #1

3) There's no such thing as NVIDA

4) This isn't politics.

You are concerned about friends and family of employees playing the game? Seriously? That is some travesty in your mind? I have no idea whether such a thing occurs or not but in my mind more power to them. They've been developing this game for a very long time, I'm sure it has been a massive headache in more ways than one.

Rather than eagerly awaiting to play you want to focus on the possibility that maybe a employee who is a parent was able to get their kids in early? You wouldn't consider that a perfectly good "thank you" for the company to extend to the families of its employees.

Hell if they're not doing that I think they should. If you ever actually watch credits from games when they have personalized messages from the team most mention their family. Last one I clearly recall was Gears of War 2, I seem to recall messages along the lines of "to my wife and children I know I've been working a lot on this game thank you for the support, Daddy will be home more!" or something to that effect. I remember quite a few along those lines, I know I've been working a lot but the game is done be home soon.

Ultimately it is their game, if they decide a reward to employees are some VIP type passes to be distributed to friends and family, so be it, it is their game. You are entitled to nothing, their employees and by proxy the employees friends are entitled to some extra appreciation from the company if it decides to award them with such. I just find it silly this is something someone would post about.

The only way I can find your complaint valid is if there actually was family invites etc. and if those family invites did nothing but snatch catchy names. Sounds likely? No?

I'm sorry, but they have been honest about the rules for early access right from the start, and if someone redeemed their code before you, and got access before you, they have the right to register desired character names before you. No matter. I'm surprised if you didn't realize this until now, I mean, surely you knew about early access when you ordered.

I got access in the third wave, and what do you know, my name was taken. Or at least unavailable. I wanted a smuggler named Nemo. Can you imagine how catchy that is? "Captain Nemo".

Also I have to replace the F5-key on my gaming board. Is this Biowares fault too?

Edited by JSandgren

You are concerned about friends and family of employees playing the game? Seriously? That is some travesty in your mind? I have no idea whether such a thing occurs or not but in my mind more power to them. They've been developing this game for a very long time, I'm sure it has been a massive headache in more ways than one.

Rather than eagerly awaiting to play you want to focus on the possibility that maybe a employee who is a parent was able to get their kids in early? You wouldn't consider that a perfectly good "thank you" for the company to extend to the families of its employees.

Hell if they're not doing that I think they should. If you ever actually watch credits from games when they have personalized messages from the team most mention their family. Last one I clearly recall was Gears of War 2, I seem to recall messages along the lines of "to my wife and children I know I've been working a lot on this game thank you for the support, Daddy will be home more!" or something to that effect. I remember quite a few along those lines, I know I've been working a lot but the game is done be home soon.

Ultimately it is their game, if they decide a reward to employees are some VIP type passes to be distributed to friends and family, so be it, it is their game. You are entitled to nothing, their employees and by proxy the employees friends are entitled to some extra appreciation from the company if it decides to award them with such. I just find it silly this is something someone would post about.

Yes... I am extremely concerned and you should be to. This is a MORAL question... and an integrity question....

If they support this type of behavior... who's to say that when (for example) someone pulls some kind of a scam on you, they don't just side with the scammer. Or... I dunno... whatever thousand situations that involve integrity, honesty, and moral approaches in MMO and gaming history.

It is HUGELY important to me that I know not 1 single account was jumped ahead of mine.

I work for a massive MASSIVE company... and I'll be honest with you here: I have never issued a credit to a friend or family account... nor has a friend or family received a single iota of advancement past any of my customers. Not once in over 8 years running... nor will they ever. Because I value honesty, and integrity far too much to have it any other way. So pardon me if I have that type of approach and support other companies and like-minded individuals.

Did someone mention communists and conspiracies? You guys know it only takes 30 minutes to fly to Moscow right? They just fly around and around in big circles to make you think it took longer! (Bill Bailey reference)

Anyway, you'll really hate it when you see the developers bros running around with "Darth" in their name, and one of the programmers wives got "Skywalker" as her legacy name... (Yar, /sarcasm I know it ain't happenin')