PvP: TOR vs WoW

Lywald

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SW:TOR.

And considering one has been out for 7 years and the PVP was absolutely terrible when it first came out, and one has been out for 2 weeks and has yet to have all of the issues raised fixed nd improved, that's damn good for SW:TOR.

And considering one has been out for 7 years and the PVP was absolutely terrible when it first came out, and one has been out for 2 weeks and has yet to have all of the issues raised fixed nd improved, that's damn good for SW:TOR.

But SWToR has a template to follow where as WoW really didnt have a strong structure to follow.... and besides lets not bash down on WoW.. Blizzard gave an image to the MMORPG genre...

Sadly WoW did have pretty good balance once, too bad big changes screwed it over.

I think that S3/S4 was the most balanced seasons, along with S8. There was alot of fotm comps etc all these seasons, but you still had the fact that most people on the top were still great players, regardless of what comp they were playing.

But SWToR has a template to follow where as WoW really didnt have a strong structure to follow.... and besides lets not bash down on WoW.. Blizzard gave an image to the MMORPG genre...

Yea ofc, people can not say that WoW has been bad all the time, I've enjoyed PvP in WoW since the start of BLC til a few months ago, and I've had an awesome time playing it.

And every MMO release these days will be compared to WoW, because all-in-all it is THE mmo.

Obviously WOW

they have arenas and rated battlegrounds and don't have severe glaring balance issues like a bh or an operative killing someone in 3 seconds (not an exaggeration). Atleast in wow when fast kills like that happen good players actually have the tools to stop it from happening in the first place. The only big problem they are faced with atm is end game pve gear causing problems this season.

Can't even argue with the fact that there are delays in actions in swtor and gameplay in wow is smooth. Definitely a high priority problem that needs to be fixed soon.

Edited by Zhakul

Obviously WOW

they have arenas and rated battlegrounds and don't have severe glaring balance issues like a bh or an operative killing someone in 3 seconds (not an exaggeration). Atleast in wow when fast kills like that happen good players actually have the tools to stop it from happening in the first place. The only big problem they are faced with atm is end game pve gear causing problems this season.

The balance in SWTOR is way better then the current balance in WoW.

TOR PvP has a lot of issues that need fixed but WoW PvP is just as frustrating, IMO. 6x glad and while not having your abilities work is pretty horrible, smoke bomb, icelance spam, necrotic strike, and instant cast clone frustrate me just as much. Nothing like unpreventable unbreakable CC or abilities that punish you for having GOOD positioning as a healer.

I think WoW and TOR are pretty much even in the fact that PvP in both games is kinda stupid right now. TOR compared to WOTLK/BC, however, isn't even close. It could get there though, it has a lot of potential.

any class could get glad except maybe dk

Right, because DKs are tough to play...

I'll tell you right now that in vanilla, the balance in pvp was not so bad. Warriors beat everything, Rogues beat everything but warriors, and everything else was fairly even. BC came around, it was glorious. WotLK came to ruin the fun, but we still enjoyed a great eighth season.

Cataclysm, what many of the people on these boards have been tricked into believing is WoW, is crap. Don't let them fool you, pvp has finally been completely erased from Blizzard's to-do list.

On to SW:ToR, glaring problems with ability delay, gear imbalance, damage output imbalances, CC, animation imbalances (if you don't know, try playing republic), issues with cover mechanics, and so on..

...Yet I'm having a blast. All in good time, we can only hope they keep a focus on pvp in the future of this game.

-Bandet

It really bugs me when people use this argument. SW:TOR do not compete with WoW 7 years ago, it compets with how WoW is today.

I really enjoy SW:TOR. The whole leveling experiance has been very enjoyable to me.

But doing pvp is very frustrating. Im not sure how to explain it, but there is a system "lag" in SW:TOR that just gets to me. The spells arent instant, and the game feels "slugish". And sometimes the spells dont go off at all.

I play a Arsenal Merc BH, and i can sometimes cast Tracer Missile halfway 3 or 4 times before it actually goes off. Or i can press my Unload ability, and it does the animation, but the spell does not go off. Or even when i use my instant Kolto Overload (selfheal spell) i sometimes have to press the ability 5 or 6 times before it goes off.

From a PvP point of view, these are very big issues.

I know WoW has its own issues, Balancing mostly and some issues with the rating system, but the combat system is very responsive and your character respond to your keypresses instantly.

Personally im still on the fence, but if they dont fix the slugish feel of the game in the next major patch, ill probably be moving on.

Not to derail the thread but uhh.. how? wow isn't that imbalanced right now any class could get glad except maybe dk

I am talking about high end PvP tho, 2.7k+.

They dumbed some classes down to the point where you dont actually get paid of playing well and skilled. Played a warlock and lately all I have to do is spamdots, dont have to time anything whatsoever, all I have to do is spam dots.

The balance overall in the game has just gone downhill since S8.

where are all the options for games with actual good pvp?

Because 80% of the population came from WoW more or less and that was their first mmo game. So they think WoW is an hardcore pvp game more or less.

Right, because DKs are tough to play...

I'll tell you right now that in vanilla, the balance in pvp was not so bad. Warriors beat everything, Rogues beat everything but warriors, and everything else was fairly even. BC came around, it was glorious. WotLK came to ruin the fun, but we still enjoyed a great eighth season.

Rogues beat Warriors aswell, infact they were my favourite target.

The PVP endcontent is very disapointing, even more so than in Vanilla WOW, I had expected something like vanilla SWG but open PVP just doesnt exist, Ilum is a joke and the 3 PVP Maps are very boring.

At least in WOW the Alterac was on an epic base at the start with some battles taking hours to complete.

More fair poll: Which game better after 2weeks: WoW or TOR?

And don't bring release year into it. 2004 vs 2011 is nothing. Starcraft:BroodWar was released 1998 and it's still played as a huge e-sport in Korea and is probably the best made game of all time. Considering how young SW:TOR is, you'd have to be plain dumb to call WoW better.

Edited by xHPx