New SWTOR Forums are now live! ×
Forums

Forums

1. English

1. Developer Tracker   (3,129 visits to this link)

A tracker for all the game related posts published by SWTOR devs. 

2. New Player Help

New to the game and need an extra hand? Post your questions here! 

A general discussion space for players who partake in the Player vs Player game mode. 

1.2m

Talk about all things Gathering Skills, Crafting Skills, and Missions Skills here. 

Talk about and show off your Strongholds here! 

Player vs player combat in space. 

A place to dicuss all things related to STAR WARS whether it be the movies, comics, events, etc... This is a sub-forum for non-SWTOR topics. 

Where we ask for feedback and bug reports on new content that players can test before it goes live! 

1. Fil du développeur   (43 visits to this link)

2. 5.1k

11. 1.2k

1. Entwicklernews   (103 visits to this link)

2. 19.6k

11. 1.7k

• Due to the unfortunate inflation in the game, where items can go for more than the Galactic Trade Network (GTN)  Buyout Price of 1 billion credits. This force players to use the in-game trade chat if they want to sell an item the in-game economy/player base has determined to be worth more than 1 billion credits.  Problem Statement  Using the in-game trade chat to Sell or Buy items can take time out of a player's day to "play" the game as well be a mental drain when you've posted your "Want To Sell (WTS)" or your "Want To Buy (WTB)" messages over and over (without coming off as spamming of course). "Playing" the game in this sense, means not standing around the Fleet, attempting to buy/sell items. Often times,  buying/selling items in the in-game trade chat, requires that you be on during more "prime-time" playing hours where there is a higher player count. Increasing the chance that your WTS/ WTB  messages get seen. Solutions -Option One- Trade Form Section As the tile of the Topic suggest, creating a dedicated Trade Section in these new Forums would help elevate points made in the Problem statement. With a dedicated Trade Forum Section, probably best put as a sub-section under each of the Server Forums. How it would elevate these issues?  A player would be able to post their buy or sell request in the section, and still be able to go about "playing" the game. Or even if real life happens where they are pulled away from the game, their buy/sell requests are still visible to other players.   -Option 2- Pie in the sky request... Increase the GTN Buyout Price. While I'm sure this option has been requested by players and discussed by the dev team, I do not know of an "official response" if any by a member of the SWTOR dev team on the topic of increasing the GTN Buyout Price. It is probably easier said then done, as it is most likely an limitation either on a database column or a backend variable. Just from watching the in-game trade chat, it appears, that most items being bought and sold rarely, if ever near the 10 billion credit mark. So while that would make sense to increase the GTN buyout price to that perhaps. (It's just adding an extra Zero right?.... ) The issue there is the character credit cap of ~4.2 billion credits (for a subscriber). So perhaps setting the GTN buyout Price to the same credit limit as the Character credit limit, would at least help elevate some of the In-game trade chat spam. How it would elevate these issues?  A player would be able to post their buy or sell request in the section, and still be able to go about "playing" the game. Or even if real life happens where they are pulled away from the game, their buy/sell requests are still visible to other players. If an item is being bought or sold through the GTN, the GTN cut helps (albeit an over all small percentage) of the credit's in the current inflated economy.   Note I am not trying to advocate for the removal of the In-game trade chat. It has it's place and uses.    
    • sound volume , I tried to separate the lock on sound from every thing else,  but it seems to be every thing that gets turned down or turned up. Am I missing something I'm looking through a straight ahead peep hole to fly, Unless I have 2 extra arms and hands, so I can't see where I want to go, then if I am firing, I can't hear some one locking on to me.   That's it, nothing else 🍷
    • What aspect of the game are you playing Watchman/Annihilation in? I main a Watchman Sentinel and I am one of the top parses in my R-4 Veteran raid team, and I also offer significant group heals, frequent movement speed buff and raid buff. Are you basing your post simply off Parsely? You do realise that 'live' combat situations are drastically different to dummy parsing? By comparison, Combat requires two tacticals to even be considered viable in terms of parsing (Hidden Power and Defel Spliced Genes) because you need the full Focus stacks, and if you mess the rotation up your damage tanks massively. Concentration is a nightmare for the first three bosses of R-4 simply due to Zealous Leap, and whilst it parses higher than Watchman it offers no benefit on Lady Dominique due to Watchman's DoT spread and, once again, group heals. Yes, it is a much more intensive APM spec to play, but it's not that bad once you learn it. Watchman is a very strong, if not one of the strongest, specs in 7.1, it offers huge utility and absolutely does not need a nerf. It is still weaker in PvP due to its cleansable debuffs and the potency of Concentration, but that is no reason to nerf it. I would say, however, that in fights that don't require delicate movement/ 0-meter instant boss kill, that Concentration would be a better spec for some legacy Ops. 
    • This is more for anyone uninformed coming in here confused about the 80% crit rate as Carnage/Combat. OF COURSE THE CRIT RATE IS GOING TO BE EXCESSIVELY HIGH ON EVERY PARSE Swiftness gives +25% crit rate (5 stacks of 5% each time you crit). One primary damage source is an autocrit.  DB for Marauders, I think Clashing Blast for Sentinels? You can get a flat +20% crit rate for the filler ability via talents. Shard of Mortis is listed as the go to tactical.  Filler now gives +25% crit rate stacking up to 3 times. With 5 stacks of Swiftness, even in bad gear, you're looking at a 40-45% crit rate and Shard push that up to 65/90/115.  
    • There has recently been a post about the harder/longer Master Mode Flashpoints being auto-leave events for most players, in favour of requeuing for shorter ones. I would like to further this argument, by saying that the current state of the game and gearing system means that all Master Mode Flashpoints are being neglected in favour of Story Mode Operation runs. Pre-7.1 I would queue as a tank or heal and almost always receive and instant queue pop, especially on Empire (Darth Malgus). These days, even at prime time, we can experience waits of up to 10 minutes for Flashpoints. Why is this? Well, it's simple: Story Mode Operations can be done with 7 DPS and 1 healer, take 15 minutes to complete, and offer more gear and tech fragments than any Flashpoint does. The 7.0/7.1 gearing system regression has further alienated game activities. You even get Activity Finder from Operations. So really, what is the point in doing MM FPs, other than the enjoyment? Gamers will always find the quickest, easiest and most lucrative way of spending their in-game time, and the 7.1 gearing system has put another nail in the coffin for a large aspect of the PvE game system. Even Veteran Flashpoints are being ignored in favour of Nathema farms due to the experience boost on the penultimate boss.  Not only has 7.1 alienated a huge proportion of the playerbase to 330 gear due to R-4 Veteran being the only way to get 330+, it has also removed a staple PvE aspect of the game in favour of SM Ops for a quicker ride. It's inconceivable to think that a Dev team thought these changes were of benefit to the game. I can't be the only one to experience less activity in guilds and all game modes across the game since the 7.1 changes were introduced.
  • Popular Contributors